UK Underage Sex Ring Sparks Racial Tensions

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Apparently you believe that everyone who lives in a country automatically approves of every law and policy of that country. So, as an American, that must mean you support Affirmative Action, welfare for millions, Obamacare, everything done by the EPA, and every other law as it currently stands.

Right?

You also apparently support restrictions on free speech since you just suggested that someone be stifled for no valid reason. So I guess you prefer Canada's policy on that to the policy of the US.

Very illuminating.

Put down the pipe and just walk away. Once you are off the bad stuff please feel free to re-join the debate.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
You misquoted him.

Yea, I know but there is a 500 character limit and I had to get rid of some other insults and shorten his to fit it in. But, I did not add words of my own or rearrange his words. I just deleted some so that his intent was there and it would fit.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
LOL! Oh, how you do go on. I must have touched a raw never. Are you a muslim?

Islam is more than just a religion, that is why at it's essence it is not a religion. Yes, religion plays a part of islam, a big part, but islam is way more than than just a religion. It is an entire set of rules and laws for a way of life and a culture that touches every part of ones life, from sex to schooling to how and what one might eat.

If you think that islam is JUST a religion than it is not I that is ignorant of islam, but you.

I think you meant nerve. And no you didn't touch one, raw or otherwise. Sorry to disappoint you. Nope, not Muslim either. That would be 0 for 2 for anyone keeping score.

The same could be said for Christianity, Judaism or any other religion or spiritual sect. For the faithful, the ideas and principles of the particular belief system permeate their lives, communities and culture. Most of the time these are positive effects, however there are negatives as well; extremists of any belief system are one such negative, as well as regions and countries where the belief system dominates the government and political structures.

By the way, it was your original post about the "Religion of Peace" site. Glad to know that you agree that Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc., are more than just religions while at their core are religions.

So your point essentially wasn't?

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
I think you meant nerve. And no you didn't touch one, raw or otherwise. Sorry to disappoint you. Nope, not Muslim either. That would be 0 for 2 for anyone keeping score.

The same could be said for Christianity, Judaism or any other religion or spiritual sect. For the faithful, the ideas and principles of the particular belief system permeate their lives, communities and culture. Most of the time these are positive effects, however there are negatives as well; extremists of any belief system are one such negative, as well as regions and countries where the belief system dominates the government and political structures.

By the way, it was your original post about the "Religion of Peace" site. Glad to know that you agree that Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc., are more than just religions while at their core are religions.

So your point essentially wasn't?

Thanks for the correction.

I use to have dyslexia but now I am KO.

Christianity is not a social compact. It is a religion. The same goes for all other religion, that I know, with the exception of islam. The philosophy of islam is there to fill every facet of a person's life.

Besides, islam is the only religion that is trying to kill me.

If ever there was a "religion" in direr need of a reformation it is islam.

Last edited:

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Thanks for the correction.

I use to have dyslexia but now I am KO.

Christianity is not a social compact. It is a religion. The same goes for all other religion, that I know, with the exception of islam. The philosophy of islam is there to fill every facet of a person's life.

Besides, islam is the only religion that is trying to kill me.

If ever there was a "religion" in direr need of a reformation it is islam.

LOL, I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Christianity is a large part of our culture, including unfortunately parts of our federal, state and local governments. The devout followers of Judaism in our society live very much according to the edicts of the Torah. In India and other countries Hinduism is followed devoutly and is very much a part of the culture/society.

There are millions of devout Muslims here and in other countries that have found ways to intermix the teachings of Muhammad with life in the in the larger society that is not Islamic. If they were all "out to get us" we would have had many more attacks prior to and since September 11, 2001.

Were I you I would seek professional counseling to alleviate this fear that all of Islam is out to kill you; it doesn't sound like a very healthy attitude.

I think it's more accurate to say that Islamic extremists are the ones in need of reformation, not Islam as a whole; just as Christian and Judaic extremists are in need of reform.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
All good points, never the less, islam is the only religion that actively preaches that to kill and/or subjugate the non-believer is a command from God. Notice I did not, repeat, NOT say convert.

I don't know what your religion is or even if you have one, that's none of my business, however, unless you are an actively practicing muslim there are few to no muslim dominated country in which you would be welcome.....and a few that would just kill you or at a minimum throw you in prison. There are no, not one, free muslim dominated country.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Put down the pipe and just walk away. Once you are off the bad stuff please feel free to re-join the debate.

LOL! Oh, how you do go on. I must have touched a raw never.

Now, back to reality -- don't flame people based on what their governments do. It makes you appear thoughtless.

All good points, never the less, islam is the only religion that actively preaches that to kill and/or subjugate the non-believer is a command from God. Notice I did not, repeat, NOT say convert.

No, it's not. Period. Read some of the Old Testament sometime and educate yourself.

Last edited:

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
LOL! Oh, how you do go on. I must have touched a raw never.

Now, back to reality -- don't flame people based on what their governments do. It makes you appear thoughtless.

No, it's not. Period. Read some of the Old Testament sometime and educate yourself.

Name me a religion in the past 200 years, other than the muslims, that have had a policy of proselytizing by the sword.

So the Old Testament was violent, but today there is not one Christian sect or Jewish sect that advocates killing non-believers. Today's muslim of any sect do.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

I don't know what your religion is or even if you have one, that's none of my business, however, unless you are an actively practicing muslim there are few to no muslim dominated country in which you would be welcome.....and a few that would just kill you or at a minimum throw you in prison. There are no, not one, free muslim dominated country.

You really do need to stop reading religionofpeace.com or vexen.co.uk or any of the hundreds of anti-Islam or anti-Muslim websites that abound on the internet. While you're at it you should stop listening to Christian preachers in this country or US politicians who minute-by-minute spew anti-Islam/anti-Muslim crap from all of their orifices to keep you and others in fear.

You say I made good points and yet cannot/do not want to accept the fact that all Muslims are not out to kill you/us. Hell, I was at a ball game last night sitting next to two Muslims; not once did they try to convert me or kill me. And no, the stadium we were in didn't get blown up last night or after today's game. Sorry I just blew a couple of holes in your theory.

I don't have a religion, they're all a bunch of delusional idiots grubbing for my soul or for my money; or just for power over sheeple in general. I wouldn't be welcome in most evangelical churches/regions in this country cause I'd tell them all to put their crucifix where the sun doesn't shine. That also goes for any Muslim who tried to convert me; I don't think they use a crucifix but whatever.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. If you want to live your life in fear of the big bad Muslim boogieman so be it. But I'd put money on the fact that you're much more likely to die of old age/natural causes or other health issue than you are to be killed by a Muslim.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Name me a religion in the past 200 years, other than the muslims, that have had a policy of proselytizing by the sword.

So the Old Testament was violent, but today there is not one Christian sect or Jewish sect that advocates killing non-believers. Today's muslim of any sect do.

So other religions have mellowed out before Islam, bully for them. They'd still all love it if everyone else in the world was of their religion, you can't deny that. So other than the methods they use, they're all the same. They want everyone else as part of their club. They want to get up to heaven or whatever they use as the good place that you go to after you die, walk up to God/Allah/Yahweh/whatever and say "look at how many members I got for ya" or "look at how many I got to convert"; "ain't I something"

No, extremist Muslims want to kill non-believers. Not all Muslims are extremists.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
No, extremist Muslims want to kill non-believers. Not all Muslims are extremists.

BS! Where is the muslim outrage at the atrocities perpetrated by these muslim extremists? If I remember correctly they were in the streets cheering and laughing at the downing of the twin towers.

It is impossible to be a muslim and democrat. Don't believe me, believe their own clerics. They are the ones that have said this....not me.

Dec 10, 2005
BS! Where is the muslim outrage at the atrocities perpetrated by these muslim extremists? If I remember correctly they were in the streets cheering and laughing at the downing of the twin towers.

It is impossible to be a muslim and democrat. Don't believe me, believe their own clerics. They are the ones that have said this....not me.

Where do you get off blaming 1.2 billion people for the actions of a handful? Plenty of people in the Muslim world condemned the attacks of 9/11.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_September_11_attacks#Islamic_world

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Has he done anything beyond voicing potentially unpopular opinions?

Constant race baiting?

I can't think of a post of his that wasn't

He's basically using the logic if the Norway killer to create threads

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012

Your problem, as alzan has nicely pointed out, is that you are employing a double standard. You judge Muslims based on the writings in their holy books and the actions of their extremists, but you judge other religions only on the actions of their moderate majority.

What you cannot or will not understand is that Islam also has a moderate majority. As mentioned earlier, there are millions of Muslims in the USA, and they are for the most part law-abiding Americans just like everyone else. Clearly it is not a requirement for the religion to "kill non-believers" or this would not be so.

Are there more problems with extremism and intolerance in the Muslim world than the Christian world right now? Definitely. Was this always the case? Arguably not -- Christianity doesn't exactly have a great history when it comes to how it treats other religions.

There are Christian extremists as well... as you well know. Jewish extremists too -- look up some of the early history of Israel, for example, or take a look at some of what the West Bank settlers do on a daily basis.

It's perfectly appropriate to point out the problems of Muslim extremism, but you actually dilute that message when you try to portray all Muslims as being represented by its fringe elements, while pretending that fringe elements don't exist in other religions.

Apr 27, 2012
None of this has anything to do with the thread, its about the failure of multiculturalism and it allows radicals to flourish because its pc to confront them.

Girls were forced to have sex, where is the outrage

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Read my signature. LOL!

You like to let new people know what kind of man they are dealing with right off the bat eh

Anyways.. I was going to suggest a brave ex Marine like yourself should have no problem walking over to a local hotbed of Islamist and checking out what kind of people they are.
http://ialfm.org/

But then on a second thought, you probably don't leave the house armed and going a mosque you would probably want to double triple down on what you would normal carry.
So what I would suggest is that since a couple of your local churches support these Islamist, you should probably go through them to check it out.
At worst, you could look at it like, getting to know your enemy.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

As Brainoska511 pointed out many Muslims did condemn the actions of Muslim extremists on 9/11. Were they all supposed to contact you personally to register their condemnation and outrage? The ones you saw covered by the media do not represent all of Muslim society. As well, the media showed them because the media is all about shock and controversy.

Impossible to be a Muslim and a democrat? So of all the Muslims living in the United States none of them are Democrats? Proof and sources please. Also, not all Muslim clerics are quoted in the media, generally the only ones that are are those who say shocking and controversial things. And there's quite a bit of difference between a Muslim cleric and a Muslim scholar; just as there are differences between the Muslim population as a whole and a Muslim extremist.

To get back on topic: to the OP; sorry that the Muslim community, Pakistani or otherwise hasn't registered their outrage with you personally. But as has been pointed out to A777pilot; media coverage of crimes and the feelings of communities about those crimes is going to be biased towards reactions that are shocking and controversial or can be presented as such. Have you examined all British media to look for outrage about the crime or have you only selectively looked to bolster your view of Muslims? Just curious.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
None of this has anything to do with the thread, its about the failure of multiculturalism and it allows radicals to flourish because its pc to confront them.

Girls were forced to have sex, where is the outrage

Young girls right here in the US are forced to have sex with: their fathers, their brothers, their male cousins, grandfathers, uncles, complete strangers.

Where's the outrage? I demand that you show some outrage now or STFU.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Young girls right here in the US are forced to have sex with: their fathers, their brothers, their male cousins, grandfathers, uncles, complete strangers.

That highlights a failure in multiculturalism. Oh wait...

Sadly, a lot of those cases happen in "Christian" homes. :(

Apr 27, 2012

Why are you derailing the thread, I routinely speak out against this and I am outraged there liberty is being violated as a conservative but I have not seen any outrage from you over this

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Why are you derailing the thread, I routinely speak out against this and I am outraged there liberty is being violated as a conservative but I have not seen any outrage from you over this

It's hard to derail a thread that was never on the tracks to begin with.