U.S. envoy says he was told release of Ukraine aid was contingent on public declaration to investigate Bidens, 2016 election

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
"The senior U.S. diplomat in Ukraine said Tuesday he was told release of military aid was contingent on public declarations from Ukraine that it would investigate the Bidens and the 2016 election, contradicting President Trump’s denial that he used the money as leverage for political gain. "

Stick a fork in this...

I'd say the burden of proof of quid pro quo is more than met by now. Now we as a nation have to decide if we're going to allow our representatives to use their offices and diplomatic powers for personal gain to crush political rivals like some banana republic, or are we going to follow the limits of the constitution.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Send Trump and family to jail.

Imprison all his lackies and supporters that refuse to see justice done. We can release all those in prison for drug offenses and petty theft. ...that should clear up enough room for the real criminals threatening this country in the age of Trump Cultism.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Send Trump and family to jail.

Imprison all his lackies and supporters that refuse to see justice done. We can release all those in prison for drug offenses and petty theft. ...that should clear up enough room for the real criminals threatening this country in the age of Trump Cultism.
A few here should be hauled off with him because they will still say "nothing impeachable" even if they admit it happened.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
There are a lot of details about how all these efforts were coordinated and how directly certain facts such as aid withholding and contingency point directly to Trump and how their operations were at the behest of those warning them their actions were improper.

I think, for Trump, simply asking a foreign leader for investigations which aid him in an upcoming election is bad enough to support removal, but I can understand the need to tie a conspiracy directly to Trump with it being clear he knew what was happening and that it was wrong. If that can be conclusively demonstrated, then it puts a lot of pressure on the hold outs to prop him up during an actual impeachment trial.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
"The senior U.S. diplomat in Ukraine said Tuesday he was told release of military aid was contingent on public declarations from Ukraine that it would investigate the Bidens and the 2016 election, contradicting President Trump’s denial that he used the money as leverage for political gain. "

Stick a fork in this...

I'd say the burden of proof of quid pro quo is more than met by now. Now we as a nation have to decide if we're going to allow our representatives to use their offices and diplomatic powers for personal gain to crush political rivals like some banana republic, or are we going to follow the limits of the constitution.

40 million chuds dont care

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
WHAT THREAD IS THE THREAD WHY CAN"T YOU PEOPLE MAKE UP YOUR MINDS?!?!

Do we have an all purpose Ukraine scandal, Rudy, and impeachment thread?

In fairness trying to keep up with all the various levels and kinds of wrongdoing/lawbreaking/bold idiocy on this is like trying to drink from an open dam spillway.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
They don't matter. They can have a hissy fit after Trump lands in prison.

yeah but they also all have guns.

and they get very angry when their feelings are hurt.

and lots of them have been murdering people over the last couple of years.

what happens when their Jim Jones is suddenly removed from power, convinced that it's an evil plot to overtake the nation, then seriously go about murdering scores of Americans like their brothers already did, even with their leader in power? seriously...this is a legit concern.

I do think it matters that they don't care that truth is actually truth, and that criminal behavior has serious consequences outside of trollish and cute 4Chan memes. ...I mean, they elected a fucking POTUS because they saw him as a meme. That is literally it.

what happens when they feel, what to them, is the serious sting of "lifetime ban"?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
yeah but they also all have guns.

and they get very angry when their feelings are hurt.

and lots of them have been murdering people over the last couple of years.

what happens when their Jim Jones is suddenly removed from power, convinced that it's an evil plot to overtake the nation, then seriously go about murdering scores of Americans like their brothers already did, even with their leader in power? seriously...this is a legit concern.

I do think it matters that they don't care that truth is actually truth, and that criminal behavior has serious consequences outside of trollish and cute 4Chan memes. ...I mean, they elected a fucking POTUS because they saw him as a meme. That is literally it.

what happens when they feel, what to them, is the serious sting of "lifetime ban"?

If you need protection I can provide it :D

Having guns does not mean their owners want to die, which they will. There's bravado that exists until the guy you are standing by has his head explode andjyou are covered in blood and brains. There's no doubt in my mind that we've reached the point where those in service will understand that Trump has betrayed our nation, the Constitution, and the rule of law. I've competed in F-class shooting and I'll be damned if I want to fight the armed forces who will distinctly not be in Trump's pocket

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If you need protection I can provide it :D

Having guns does not mean their owners want to die, which they will. There's bravado that exists until the guy you are standing by has his head explode andjyou are covered in blood and brains. There's no doubt in my mind that we've reached the point where those in service will understand that Trump has betrayed our nation, the Constitution, and the rule of law. I've competed in F-class shooting and I'll be damned if I want to fight the armed forces who will distinctly not be in Trump's pocket

well, I do have my own guns (though I am not F-class or whatever. I am...what is the worst class? I am below that class, lol.), so I'm not concerned about being unarmed and defenseless from the nutters....just that they are very clearly nutters and while outright Civil War is the worst case scenario where, yes you make the reasonable point that it just couldn't happen, that doesn't mean Trumptardia cells won't just spring up here and there, from time to time, over the course of a few months and then maybe even years--these fucks are already shooting up towns and schools and courhouses and government buildings and media centers and trying to bomb "Defined enemies of Great President Trump." I mean...what the holy fuck is going on with the people still eat this shit for breakfast?

They are seriously going to lose their shit in short order, and things will go down ahead of a NG response and will be a bit nasty for a little while.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
well, I do have my own guns (though I am not F-class or whatever. I am...what is the worst class? I am below that class, lol.), so I'm not concerned about being unarmed and defenseless from the nutters....just that they are very clearly nutters and while outright Civil War is the worst case scenario where, yes you make the reasonable point that it just couldn't happen, that doesn't mean Trumptardia cells won't just spring up here and there, from time to time, over the course of a few months and then maybe even years--these fucks are already shooting up towns and schools and courhouses and government buildings and media centers and trying to bomb "Defined enemies of Great President Trump." I mean...what the holy fuck is going on with the people still eat this shit for breakfast?

They are seriously going to lose their shit in short order, and things will go down ahead of a NG response and will be a bit nasty for a little while.

I went over the current list in the senate and removal might get 60 votes but not 67.

And if it does and shit hits the fan.. John McCain had a solution - bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Wow, Talking about running around with your hair on fire. Post # 15 to 18 are a bit over the top. And you wonder why I don't take you guys seriously.

:rolleyes:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Wow, Talking about running around with your hair on fire. Post # 15 to 18 are a bit over the top. And you wonder why I don't take you guys seriously.

:rolleyes:

Absent your feels about some posts how about the real subject of the thread? Enough to impeach on yet?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Stick a fork in this...

quid pro quo is not really the standard. That's the goalpost shift by Trump. Let's not fall for it.

Just asking for foreign interference was the problem, regardless of threats or promises.

The "quos" are just piling on of impeachable offenses and misdeeds.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Republicans and Fox News are trying.

They are claiming there was no crime, meaning a criminal justice code. High crimes with impeachment are violations of public trust