U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt has been stormed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I don't know about that, exactly. Certainly going out of your way to intentionally offend people makes you kind of a giant asshole, but attacking the US embassy because totally unrelated people didn't respect your religious beliefs is MUCH worse,

Heh
There are retards in Egypt just like the retards I argue with here about Islam
This forum has no problem looking at a couple people from another country, and judging the whole country that way
There is a riot in London and they are screaming Europe is on fire and then go on how they deserve it because they are so stupid
A couple of Pals celebrate 911, all Pals are to blame
It looks to me like a lot of people here suffer the same thing that these protesters do

Last edited:

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Obama set the Middle East on fire. He was working with Muslim Brotherhood as soon as he took office. He was apologizing for America at Cairo and undermining Mubarak to bring him down. Obama also supported the Brotherhood and Al Qaeda types in Libya. AQ and the MB always wanted ME and Maghreb cleared of the dictators and strongmen who blocked them. Obama was happy to help clear them out (all the while ignoring Greens getting slaughtered in Iran). A good rule with Obama is that he will support the countries most anti-US/anti-Israel and ignore or trip-up others. Of course Soros also writes in media about why Muslim Brotherhood should be supported (it was even a Soros funded radio station that fanned flames in Tunesia after young man incinerated himself).

9-11 hijacker Muhammed Ata was a member of Muslim Brotherhood's Engineers Syndicate. Sad to see just a few years after 9-11 American's were duped into voting for a Marxist with sympathy for American enemies like the Muslim Brotherhood. Dumb country.

Muslim Brotherhood Declared War On US In November
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2145470

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Have no fear. Obama will be on TV soon to apologize to the Egyptians.

SecState already did that (from MSN.com): "Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet," Clinton said in the statement. "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."

Wow.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
SecState already did that (from MSN.com): "Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet," Clinton said in the statement. "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."

Wow.

That doesn't strike me as an apology, but more as a statement that these Egyptian people are wrong for doing what they're doing.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
The middle east is a completely lost cause.

Islam is like a blast from the past, Christianity some several hundred years ago, only worse. Worse inherently, and worse because such barbaric ignorance is infinitely more dangerous in a world such as what we live in now, chiefly due to technology.

Liberals (as I was) are so blinded by their desire to be politically correct, and make sure they aren't racist, are giving cover in the US, Europe, and elsewhere, to Islam and allowing it to infiltrate western civilization further and further. The great tragedy of this is that in the end, the most hard-fought and cherished values liberals claim to hold, equality for women and homosexuals, as well as freedom of choice, etc... will be utterly destroyed in favor of absolutely barbaric sexism and murderous hatred for gays if Islam ever attains sufficient power in the western world. They are well on course to do so in Europe.

Much as many people experience in their personal life, as they get older and see that their father, for instance, had great wisdom in many things he said which that person initially rejected, I think the US and Europe are starting to realize that our forefathers, much as we mock them and look down our noses at them, had greater wisdom than we could admit.

Xenophobia is a blunt instrument, it harms many who don't deserve it... national pride has a dark side, but what I see now is that these things serve a very real need. That need is to sustain western civilization.

If Islam overtakes western civilization, and I believe that is a very real possibility in the next 100 to 200 years, you can kiss women's rights, gay rights, free speech, environmentalism, conservation, the amassed cultural record of all western civilization's achievements, religious freedom, women's right to choose, good movies, violent video games, the space program and a million other awesome things goodbye. Never to be seen again for a thousand years at least, if we're lucky. And with the fallen western civilization as an example and "warning" in their minds, the Islamic world will be all the more on guard for letting such forces of equality ever get off the ground again.

The time to choose is now, do we stand by the western cultural tradition that has given this world EVERY thing worth a fuck that it has? Or do we let it's "crowning" achievement be a citizenry so absolutely neutered, wussified, and blinded that the civilization effectively commits suicide?

Stop immigration from the 12th century to modern day Europe and the USA.

More babies from the western world, cease all AID to the third world.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
If Islam overtakes western civilization, and I believe that is a very real possibility in the next 100 to 200 years, you can kiss women's rights, gay rights, free speech, environmentalism, conservation, the amassed cultural record of all western civilization's achievements, religious freedom, women's right to choose, good movies, violent video games, the space program and a million other awesome things goodbye. Never to be seen again for a thousand years at least, if we're lucky. And with the fallen western civilization as an example and "warning" in their minds, the Islamic world will be all the more on guard for letting such forces of equality ever get off the ground again.
Islamist nations have done a poor job of even keeping themselves going. If not for oil they'd still be living in tents (e.g. Dubai a half century ago; look at pics from 1950 it was nothing). Heavily Islamist nations have no concept of progress or education and we really don't need to worry about them overtaking anything, considering the West continues to accelerate away from them. I also think Muslims in the West will lose touch with their extremism (in general) because ipads are cool and so are flat screens.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Got a Link on that?

Back On topic, from the CNN report it looks like they knew the protesters were coming and cleared the embassy first.
I also wouldn't call mounting the wall and standing on it "storming the embassy" either.
Its their country, let them protest.

Well, we no know CNN was wrong.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Heh
This forum has no problem looking at a couple people from another country, and judging the whole country that way
There is a riot in London and they are screaming Europe is on fire and then go on how they deserve it because they are so stupid
It looks to me like a lot of people here suffer the same thing that these protesters do

See, another apologist. It's not a couple retards in Egypt, it's the majority. There is a reason why Taliban still exists, Pakistan takes money from us yet does little to stop the extremism, why a group like the Muslim Brotherhood can succeed in controlling Egypt - the reason is because there are millions of extremists in these countries. Not a couple...millions.

FLegman

Jul 26, 2007
Seems the victims toll is up to 4 now, including Ambassador in Libya.
Gloomy times...

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

Wow.

It would have been nice if you quoted everything they said.

"Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet," she said. "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind."

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
The first Amendment gives you the right to do a lot of things. But, please, some discretion is advised.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
The film is by an Israeli too. Why didn't the beautiful being make this film in Israel? Oh, I know, because the Israelis would NEVER allow him to do such a stupid thing. They are not stupid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/sam-bacile-in-hiding_n_1876044.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — An Israeli filmmaker based in California went into hiding Tuesday after his movie attacking Islam's prophet Muhammad sparked angry assaults by ultra-conservative Muslims on U.S. missions in Egypt and Libya, where one American was killed.

Speaking by phone from an undisclosed location, writer and director Sam Bacile remained defiant, saying Islam is a cancer and that the 56-year-old intended his film to be a provocative political statement condemning the religion.

Protesters angered over Bacile's film opened fire on and burned down the U.S. consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, killing an American diplomat on Tuesday. In Egypt, protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo and replaced an American flag with an Islamic banner.

"This is a political movie," said Bacile. "The U.S. lost a lot of money and a lot of people in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we're fighting with ideas."

Bacile, a California real estate developer who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, said he believes the movie will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world.

"Islam is a cancer, period," he said repeatedly, his solemn voice thickly accented.

The two-hour movie, "Innocence of Muslims," cost $5 million to make and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, said Bacile, who wrote and directed it.

The film claims Muhammad was a fraud. An English-language 13-minute trailer on YouTube shows an amateur cast performing a wooden dialogue of insults disguised as revelations about Muhammad, whose obedient followers are presented as a cadre of goons.

It depicts Muhammad as a feckless philanderer who approved of child sexual abuse, among other overtly insulting claims that have caused outrage.

Muslims find it offensive to depict Muhammad in any manner, let alone insult the prophet. A Danish newspaper's 2005 publication of 12 caricatures of the prophet triggered riots in many Muslim countries.

Though Bacile was apologetic about the American who was killed as a result of the outrage over his film, he blamed lax embassy security and the perpetrators of the violence.

"I feel the security system (at the embassies) is no good," said Bacile. "America should do something to change it."

A consultant on the film, Steve Klein, said the filmmaker is concerned for family members who live in Egypt. Bacile declined to confirm.

Klein said he vowed to help Bacile make the movie but warned him that "you're going to be the next Theo van Gogh." Van Gogh was a Dutch filmmaker killed by a Muslim extremist in 2004 after making a film that was perceived as insulting to Islam.

"We went into this knowing this was probably going to happen," Klein said.

Bacile's film was dubbed into Egyptian Arabic by someone he doesn't know, but he speaks enough Arabic to confirm that the translation is accurate. It was made in three months in the summer of 2011, with 59 actors and about 45 people behind the camera.

The full film has been shown once, to a mostly empty theater in Hollywood earlier this year, said Bacile.

Last edited:

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Heh

No one's storming embassies or killing people here in the U.S. though. I really can't remember the last time an embassy here in DC was ever surrounded by an angry mob, if ever. If a foreign nation does something particularly egregious, there's a group of protestors who will drag a few drums up in front of that embassy and bang away for a few days, but that's about it. I've never heard of any protests turning violent here in Washington, and I've been here for quite a few years.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Savages can't take criticism in a civilized manner.

When will Westerners realize that all the effort you put into helping and protecting the Muslims isn't viewed with gratitude as an act of kindness. It's viewed with contempt as an act of weakness. They would never return the favor, and as soon as they're in a position to do so, it'll be convert or die. To convince yourself otherwise is to ignore history, and common sense. It says it all in the Koran, and it's played out in front of our eyes for the past couple hundred years.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
By the way, how did the Embassy security force allow them to take the flag? What a disgrace.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
By the way, how did the Embassy security force allow them to take the flag? What a disgrace.

Sometimes a flag is just a flag and isn't worth lives being put at risk. Yeah, it looks good when you're dead, but then you're dead.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I'm sure that it's just a coincidence that the protest was planned, our embassy was stormed and our flag torn down on 9-11. Just a coincidence that shouldn't be mentioned.

Luckily the U.S. Embassy released this statement.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...s-hurt-religious-feelings-muslims_652183.html

Hey dipshit, that statement was released BEFORE the embassy was stormed. Only after an Egyptian cleric started making noise about the film the other day.

It appears you get your talking points from the Romney camp as he stepped on his own dick in the same fashion last night by releasing a statement blasting that letter as the response to the attack. Oh, and he asked journalists to hold the release until after midnight so he wouldn't seem like such a crass political asshole to release something like that on 9-11. So not only is he an ignorant piece of shit, he tried to get the media to be complicit in his mistake as well.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
I'm pleased that someone made the choice to fall back and not engage, the Marines don't fuck around and there could have been a hell of a lot of dead Egyptians today which probably would not have sat well in other countries where we have embassies.

how did that fall back and not engage work out for you?

Prevent defense- prevents victories.