U.S. Army finds Tillman probably killed by friendly fire ...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Horus

Am I the first to be saying, BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I'm sorry, but the American military is taking more casualities FROM THEIR OWN FREAKIN' WEAPONS than from the enemy!

How, in the name of Zeus's butthole, do you SHOOT SOMEONE FIGHTING BESIDE YOU, WEARING THE GODDAMN SAME UNIFORM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

RRRRGGGH!!@!@!!!!

Go to hell troll.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Yes, poorly trained. As in, "Oh no, my weapon jammed. It's broken, send it off to the techs!"

And I'm sorry, wusses? We were one of the first countries to join you in Afghanistan.

And horray for ignorance! "The more people you have, the more FF you have?" No, not really. It's a simple thing to LOOK WHERE YOU ARE SHOOTING. If they are wearing your uniform, you do not shoot them! If you are in a jetfighter at twenty-thousand feet, and see tiny muzzleflashes, you do not assume that you're being fired at, and dive-bomb people without permission!

U.S. Troops need to get their goddamn fingers off their triggers, and aim at enemies, not friendlies. I'll never do another peacekeeping mission with U.S. troops. I fear for my life.

I'm at work right now, actually. I'm helping to teach a class on Tactical Communications.

You're right, America's army sucks. Why doesn't Canada take us over? Oh yeah thats because they can't. sure it is easy to identify your own guys when your entire army consists of 20 or so people. Oh BTW, in a hostile environment if someone is shooting at your plane...you shoot back, thats why America wins wars.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: DaiShan
Oh BTW, in a hostile environment if someone is shooting at your plane...you shoot back, thats why America wins wars.

Um.. if you're referring to the friendly fire casualites in Afghanistan, the Canadian soldiers who were killed on the ground were performing a live fire exercise at ground targets, not aircraft, you putz.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Why do you guys even bother to argue about this ? Obviously this is flame bait........... let it go. No need to get worked up about it. Why waste your time?

Cheers,
Aquaman

IndieSnob

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2001

I'm sorry, but the American military is taking more casualities FROM THEIR OWN FREAKIN' WEAPONS than from the enemy!

How, in the name of Zeus's butthole, do you SHOOT SOMEONE FIGHTING BESIDE YOU, WEARING THE GODDAMN SAME UNIFORM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

RRRRGGGH!!@!@!!!!

Unlike your training playing 'Counter Strike' there isn't a button combination you can use to turn on/off 'friendly fire'. Nice try though jerk. Motion for taking you out of the gene pool, I mean er motion for ban. :p

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001

RRRRGGGH!!@!@!!!!

lame bait

Edit: lol, i replied immediately after i saw his post, only afterwards i go back and skimmed the full thread. i couldn't believe how many of you guys took the bait!