TSA tracking reports of "potentially suspicious items" on planes ...

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
...that landed at Newark, NJ, and Philadelphia airports.

Planes quarantined at Newark and Philly airports...

-- Breaking news: CNN.

Anyone got any updates? I have a good friend flying out of Newark to LA.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
coming soon: An update stating it was a laptop.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
it was the cadet's standard issue dress rifle, which isn't a real gun

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
it was the cadet's standard issue dress rifle, which isn't a real gun

eh?
It's not a single item or plane. its THREE planes. THREE airports.

What's sad is the bigger headline on CNN is about that dumb broad and her husband that got shot on Falcon lake.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
eh?
It's not a single item or plane. its THREE planes. THREE airports.

What's sad is the bigger headline on CNN is about that dumb broad and her husband that got shot on Falcon lake.

texas a&m went in lock down yesterday after a gunman was reported on campus by a bus driver. this was right at the time that ghw bush, barbara bush, and laura bush were supposed to arrive on campus for the bush library.

the gunman turned out to be a corps of cadets (glorified ROTC) member, and the 'gun' was the fake rifle he's supposed to carry around.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I'd be willing to lay money on this turning out to be absolutely nothing.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
How far are we going to go for the illusion of safety?

Terrorists have already shown that if they want to kill people and destroy things, there's nothing we can do to stop them.

The mere fact that we have refused to just go back to daily life is evidence that the terrorists have already "won".

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
it is a coordinated attack by Anwar al-Awlaki and the Yemen based al-Qaida in the Arabian peninsula, they have now found at least four UPS planes carry packages from that group, one was stopped overseas before it crossed the atlantic. they are trying to influence the elections on Tuesday
one of the packages contained a printer toner cartridge modified into a bomb

Last edited:

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
it is a coordinated attack by anwar al-awlaki and the yemen based al-qaida in the arabian peninsula, they have now found at least four ups planes carry packages from that group, one was stopped overseas before it crossed the atlantic. They are trying to influence the elections on tuesday

o rly?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
How far are we going to go for the illusion of safety?

Terrorists have already shown that if they want to kill people and destroy things, there's nothing we can do to stop them.

The mere fact that we have refused to just go back to daily life is evidence that the terrorists have already "won".

uhhh if they found suspicious packages on planes pre-9/11 they'd do the same thing.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
uhhh if they found suspicious packages on planes pre-9/11 they'd do the same thing.

The difference is what qualified as a "suspicious package."

Today, everything is suspicious and the moment you step into an airport, you're guilty of something. Hell, you can't even take a bottle of sham-fucking-poo on a plane anymore.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Today, everything is suspicious and the moment you step into an airport, you're guilty of something. Hell, you can't even take a bottle of sham-fucking-poo on a plane anymore.

why would you want or need to?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
why would you want or need to?

I'd like to wash my hair and I don't like checking luggage for a 2-4 night stay especially since now you're charged for it. I can fit everything I need on a small carry on, no need to check luggage. Except now I check a freaking small bag because it's got liquids in it and shaving cream/razor.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
You're kidding, right? Guess washing your hair isn't important to one that lives in a basement, but for adults, we tend to wash daily, including hair.

Then put it in your suitcase and have it stored under the plane. Problem solved.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007

Well I don't want people bring poo onto the the planes anyway, real or fake.