TSA tracking reports of "potentially suspicious items" on planes ...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I'll keep it short and sweet -- Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Why? That's where the packages were addressed to. Synagogues.

Well firstly I'd expect the packages to be stopped way before they got to the synagogues if there was prior intelligence about them.

Secondly, I'd guess most synagogues would be a tad suspicious about unexpected packages from the middle east anyway.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
yeah, i called that
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/10/29/statement-president
Those packages had been located in Dubai and East Midlands Airport in the United Kingdom. An initial examination of those packages has determined that they do apparently contain explosive material.

Although we are still pursuing all the facts, we do know that the packages originated in Yemen. We also know that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, a terrorist group based in Yemen, continues to plan attacks against our homeland, our citizens, and our friends and allies.