Trump wins Iowa - is anyone surprised?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Again - ‘if you don’t support me I won’t support you’ is as old as politics itself. Trump is a worthless piece of shit but that’s not why.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is fun to watch on some levels, insane in many others. And meanwhile we have TX and some other states being treasonous. Oh man let's watch the shit show burn now.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Looks like the party is trying to dis-invite Haley from the contest:

That’s a very Trump move, declaring the contest over right after it starts.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Dump’s threats to “blacklist” Haley’s donors (whatever that means) totally sound like they’re coming from a position of strength.

He’s also attacked her name and ethnicity. That to me shows he feels threatened by her. She should stay in the race just to annoy the fuck out of Trump… And it seems to be working. I expect he’ll start calling her a “nasty woman” any day now. The longer she stays in the race, the more she antagonizes Trump and his supporters. Trump’s increasingly turning his fire on her. If he were to die or be disqualified, MAGA world would be outraged at the thought that Nikki Haley would be the one to pick up his legacy.

In the end, she’ll most likely endorse Trump, just like every other toady, she will fall in line. But if she hangs in the fight and his personal attacks on her keep up, we’ll have a few more months of her disparaging Trump, hopefully.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
He’s also attacked her name and ethnicity. That to me shows he feels threatened by her. She should stay in the race just to annoy the fuck out of Trump… And it seems to be working. I expect he’ll start calling her a “nasty woman” any day now. The longer she stays in the race, the more she antagonizes Trump and his supporters. Trump’s increasingly turning his fire on her. If he were to die or be disqualified, MAGA world would be outraged at the thought that Nikki Haley would be the one to pick up his legacy.

In the end, she’ll most likely endorse Trump, just like every other toady, she will fall in line. But if she hangs in the fight and his personal attacks on her keep up, we’ll have a few more months of her disparaging Trump, hopefully.
Yup, Trump's the kind of person who gives you attention when he's threatened by you. If Nikki wants to burn the world down, this is the perfect opportunity to stick her finger in his eyes. Lean into it and watch the chaos unfold.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Yup, Trump's the kind of person who gives you attention when he's threatened by you. If Nikki wants to burn the world down, this is the perfect opportunity to stick her finger in his eyes. Lean into it and watch the chaos unfold.

Yep ... As of today, she is still bringing in money from wealthy donors, once her donors dry up, her campaign is going to be “suspended” whether she terms it that way or not. She doesn’t have the kind of personal resources to keep her campaign going herself. The Republican Primaries are like a game of Risk; every time you lose, your opponent gets a bunch of your “men”. She may be staying in to “further her brand,” but that brand is going to look more and more pathetic when she’s sending out self-drafted press releases using the free wi-fi at Starbucks. We'll see how long she lasts. Hopefully long enough to have Trump constantly blowing a gasket.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
What does that say about me if this is one of my only sources of joy lately, the GQP presidential primary middle school name-calling/clown show…? Bah!

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yep ... As of today, she is still bringing in money from wealthy donors, once her donors dry up, her campaign is going to be “suspended” whether she terms it that way or not. She doesn’t have the kind of personal resources to keep her campaign going herself. The Republican Primaries are like a game of Risk; every time you lose, your opponent gets a bunch of your “men”. She may be staying in to “further her brand,” but that brand is going to look more and more pathetic when she’s sending out self-drafted press releases using the free wi-fi at Starbucks. We'll see how long she lasts. Hopefully long enough to have Trump constantly blowing a gasket.

She's still raising a respectable amount from small dollar donors as well. She's likely got enough to get through Super Tuesday even if cut off and they axe some of the more expensive stuff like TV spend. Since apparently Fox is still happy to put her on TV that might not matter much and also enrages Trump so it's a twofer.