Trump requests additional collusion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
While not Bill Barr, if he is not acting on this information he is at least doing the same amount of damage… Get Merrick the fuck out of there and a liberal hardliner. Get Kamala in there. Promote AOC or Bernie to VP… that’d get bernie bros back too

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So if Clinton presents Russian intelligence, it's ok? More Russian disinformation like Hunter's laptop and IRS problems?
Alright no one, NO ONE, is this dense and still standing upright. Brandon is a puppet account. Has to be.
Dont try to convince me otherwise, this is something I have to believe to maintain some faith in our genome.

Reactions: Captante

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Brandon is a puppet account. Has to be.
Dont try to convince me otherwise, this is something I have to believe to maintain some faith in our genome.
Let’s just say this is true, but to what benefit? ATP&N is majorly left leaning. Having a shill won’t convince any of us to change our minds unlike the Russian disinformation campaign targeted to malleable voters on FB in 2016. The MAGAtards here are just keyboard warriors looking to troll. No foreign conspiracy to see here

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Alright no one, NO ONE, is this dense and still standing upright. Brandon is a puppet account. Has to be.

These are common nowadays on all forums/social media.... some are completely "phony" posters, some are the actual accounts being paid to post "influential" BS and some are accounts that are "hijacked" by trolls.

The only point you made I disagree with is that sadly there are quite a few folks out walking around who are astoundingly stupid.

Let’s just say this is true, but to what benefit? ATP&N is majorly left leaning. Having a shill won’t convince any of us to change our minds unlike the Russian disinformation campaign targeted to malleable voters on FB in 2016. The MAGAtards here are just keyboard warriors looking to troll. No foreign conspiracy to see here

No EFFECTIVE foreign conspiracy I would agree with at least.

This forum is mainly made up of folks who by and large are better informed/educated then the average American. THIS is the reason the right-wing propaganda just doesn't work very well here.

Unlike on AT the bad news is the average idiot on Facebook is more concerned with posting the latest cat-meme then protection of our rights.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And yet he is still more popular than the current president.

The fault is not in our stars, but ourselves.

You're doing it again, haha. Anyone who thinks that poll means anything other than to pad the bottom line of the pollster and the news agency is an idiot. At around this time in 2010 Sarah Palin was more popular than Obama, for example, and the polls had Obama headed for defeat. How did that work out?

Reactions: iRONic

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
You're doing it again, haha. Anyone who thinks that poll means anything other than to pad the bottom line of the pollster and the news agency is an idiot. At around this time in 2010 Sarah Palin was more popular than Obama, for example.

He did make one valid point regardless of citing a highly questionable poll as a source .... one heck of a lot of Americans STILL support a criminal traitor to America being POTUS again and all of us get some of the blame for that.

Not sure what the solution is either. :confused:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He did make one valid point regardless of citing a highly questionable poll as a source .... one heck of a lot of Americans STILL support a criminal traitor to America being POTUS again and all of us get some of the blame for that.

Not sure what the solution is either. :confused:
I agree with that - partisanship is so strong that it essentially doesn't matter how bad a Republican's conduct is, around 40% of the country will support them no matter what.

Polls indicating Trump is more popular than Biden are still stupid though - sitting presidents are almost always less popular than hypothetical opponents.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Do you think it is less/more/equally likely that a majority of DOJ officials are Republicans? IIRC Garland was a centrist SCOTUS pick, which means he was and probably still is a piece of shit. Oops I mean robot just following his programming, not a piece of shit.
I am a registered Democrat. I spend way more than I earn, but have contributed to Democratic requests for funding to stop the. Republican assault on the Constitution. I get surveys as to my political concerns and leave them essentially black except for if they want to hear my words and in those I tell them that until Garland brings charges against Trump or some other court does and I see him go to jail, they will not get a penny more from me. I have emailed Biden and told him to fire his worthless AG.

I do not know the composition of the DOJ politically nor do I know what is in Garland’s mind on the matter of bringing charges against Trump,
but my suspicion is Jerry Ford, don’t pick at the scar of division but let it heal.

I believe this is a perfectly valid and well established programmed notion of action for moderate people on both sides of the aisle to take. It is also the reason that looks to me like it will lead to a Republican takeover and the loss of our democracy.

In my opinion, humanity, including our government is asleep.

What would someone who is awake say. I can think of one example, someone on a mission to show us the way. “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”

But I am not awake every minute. Far from it. All that I know is that when I can’t feel that kind of understanding it is because I am asleep. I know my feelings are the result of being asleep and all I can do when I notice them is to try not to feed them with self justification, spewing hatred and contempt and joining a crowd of fellow believers bent on taking my suffering out on someone else.

At the same time, in my world, at my level of psychological evolution, small as it may be, Trump has no power at all. I see a person who is horrifically damaged whose opinions are to be completely ignored. For this reason the real thing to do about Trump or Garland, in my opinion, is to raise human consciousness. How to do so also suffers from the the limited level of my understanding.

in short, I am you but I know that when it comes to contempt for sleepers, that is me being just like them. And why, because I can’t see why I love being that way. I am motivated to be sick and a hypocrite.

Jul 9, 2009
All I can say is I’ll be interested to see what excuse the collusion deniers come up with this time. Will be be ‘he’s just joking’? if so, is the idea he was just joking when he extorted Ukraine?

As this thread states, this is what not prosecuting Trump leads to. You now have the previous president of the United States openly requesting that a hostile foreign power undermine his successor, something that would seriously damage the foreign policy of the United States. America first, huh?
Is this the same "hostile foreign power" that the Biden administration is using in it's Iran nuclear weapons negotiations? Or is it a different "hostile foreign power"?

Reactions: Why_Me

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
Is this the same "hostile foreign power" that the Biden administration is using in it's Iran nuclear weapons negotiations? Or is it a different "hostile foreign power"?
I can't fathom how you can type words but are unable to read them.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We had a working agreement until your boy backed out.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Merrick Garland feels like a meme pick for Attorney General. Basically a recognizable name that was a sort of rallying cry for libs that felt slighted in 2016, but not really the right guy for the job.

But just because someone has served on the bench and may be qualified to be a SC justice does not qualify them to run an entire executive department, the skills are not translatable.

It is entirely possible that the department is in complete shambles after Bill Barr, maybe Barr went scorched earth on the department as he was leaving and Garland knows they are not in a good position to build the kind of case needed to bring against a former president, but the more cynical side of me is thinking the Garland either isn't into it (a sort of adherent to the "Nixon rule") or he's just not up to the challenge.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, the same hostile foreign power - why do you ask?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Yes, the same hostile foreign power - why do you ask?

Cuz he’s a dumbass and doesn’t understand that working with Russia on this deal a) makes it stronger and b) is the primary way to avoid a carve-out for Iran to bypass sanctions.

Again, I’ll point out that had the Iran deal been left in place, Europe and the US wouldn’t have seen the same spike in gas prices post Ukraine invasion.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Like MLK, I too have a dream.
Knowing that Trump likes his rallies, and we know exactly where when and how Trump will show up at his beloved rallies, I say lets take advantage of this. During his rally would be the perfect time for law enforcement to step in and arrest Trump.
My dream, Donald is up on stage when the police helicopters, oh say ten choppers, hover over the crowd with loud speakers blasting DISPERSE. THE CROWD MUST DISPERSE. Directing people to LEAVE THE AREA AT ONCE. GO HOME. And while the choppers hover overhead, Donald Trump is arrested. Handcuffed on stage, and taken away to the hoosegow.

Envision the scene of perfection.... Trump blaring away his BS at the gathered crowd in that whiny monotone Trump voice, then suddenly the law enforcement choppers appear overhead, coming in from every direction, kicking up dust and smoke, chopper blades clattering, the crowd in complete disarray choking and coughing from the dust and smoke, then law enforcment rushing the stage, taking Trump to the floor, and placing Donald Trump in handcuffs. And thus is the end of Donald Trump. Forever!!!
I have a dream....:)

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
BZZZZ COLLUSION BZZZZZ TAJ BOT ACTIVATED BZZZZZ

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
At the same time, in my world, at my level of psychological evolution, small as it may be, Trump has no power at all. I see a person who is horrifically damaged whose opinions are to be completely ignored. For this reason the real thing to do about Trump or Garland, in my opinion, is to raise human consciousness. How to do so also suffers from the the limited level of my understanding.
And that goes back to my "You can be right and dead at the same time - all the time" comments. You can damn well understand all the molecules composing the oncoming train, yet here you are, tied to the track with zero options to put said understanding and knowledge into useful action.
You dont have the luxury of turning the other cheek right now, to forgive and embrace your opponent. give him a hug. He will kill you.

Nov 17, 2019
.... one heck of a lot of Americans STILL support a criminal traitor to America being POTUS again and all of us get some of the blame for that.
My neighbors have 'Rump Won flags up.

I want an AG that will award 'Rump with a private 10' x 10' one room suite in a Federal facility.

I said from the beginning a Labradoodle was the wrong choice when we needed a junk yard dog.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Like MLK, I too have a dream.
Knowing that Trump likes his rallies, and we know exactly where when and how Trump will show up at his beloved rallies, I say lets take advantage of this. During his rally would be the perfect time for law enforcement to step in and arrest Trump.
My dream, Donald is up on stage when the police helicopters, oh say ten choppers, hover over the crowd with loud speakers blasting DISPERSE. THE CROWD MUST DISPERSE. Directing people to LEAVE THE AREA AT ONCE. GO HOME. And while the choppers hover overhead, Donald Trump is arrested. Handcuffed on stage, and taken away to the hoosegow.

Envision the scene of perfection.... Trump blaring away his BS at the gathered crowd in that whiny monotone Trump voice, then suddenly the law enforcement choppers appear overhead, coming in from every direction, kicking up dust and smoke, chopper blades clattering, the crowd in complete disarray choking and coughing from the dust and smoke, then law enforcment rushing the stage, taking Trump to the floor, and placing Donald Trump in handcuffs. And thus is the end of Donald Trump. Forever!!!
I have a dream....:)
too bad we can't send some switchblades his way.