News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 226 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Then we'd fry like the planet's supply of lithium (as well as refining an incredible amount of tritium) to develop one immovable superweapon to ... destroy our own country?
The bombs aren’t really that big, except for the Mike shot, that was big because it was the first H bomb and the geeks were figuring out how to make it work.

The lithium is in a teflon layer inside the uranium tamper in the secondary. Dark Sun, mentioned above, goes into detail about how it works. The teflon being turned into a plasma helps with the compression of the tamper and also helps boost the yield. The whole thing is very slick in a nihilistic, hell fire sort of way.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I know nothing about our nuclear arsenals, but it surprises me that our largest (at least stated) are "only" 1.2 megaton. Not that it's anything to scoff at, don't get me wrong...I just thought we had some that were as large as 10 to 20 megatons. I guess not.
We've had bigger in the past. The W-53 on the Titan 2 was a city buster at 8 or 9 Megaton (Titan 2 museum said 8, wiki says 9).

Reactions: Pohemi

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The bombs aren’t really that big, except for the Mike shot, that was big because it was the first H bomb and the geeks were figuring out how to make it work.

The lithium is in a teflon layer inside the uranium tamper in the secondary. Dark Sun, mentioned above, goes into detail about how it works. The teflon being turned into a plasma helps with the compression of the tamper and also helps boost the yield. The whole thing is very slick in a nihilistic, hell fire sort of way.
A bomb that could thermally affect NYC and SC or whatever Dumpsterfire said? Would be gargantuan. City-sized.

Reactions: pcgeek11

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ya mama's so fat... if she were a nuclear bomb she would destroy NYC and SC.
No need for a nuclear detonation there, I think we are back to the asteroid scenario where anything with a large enough mass will cause huge damage even if it doesn’t explode.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
My memory is a little vague about this, I kind of remember something from maybe the early 80s where there would be a MIRV with hundreds of small nukes on it and I *believe* the example given was one missile could blanket the East coast.

I've never heard of that...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Does anyone here find it frightening and abhorrent we are having this kind of discussion about a maniac elected POTUS and has a chance again in 2024?

Do all of you Trumpers finally get it? If you know what’s good for all of us you will suck it up and vote Biden for the sake of the country.

If this discussion doesn’t clue you in nothing will.

Remember when people like me were sounding the alarm about this guy? Red flashing lights were going off since 2016 and we were accused of having TDS. I think our position has been born out.

Last edited:

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
My memory is a little vague about this, I kind of remember something from maybe the early 80s where there would be a MIRV with hundreds of small nukes on it and I *believe* the example given was one missile could blanket the East coast.
Idk about hundreds but a single missile could contain a dozen or so warheads, each with adjustable yield. A fusion warhead can be made quite small these days.

Reactions: hal2kilo

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
Does anyone here find it frightening and abhorrent we are having this kind of discussion about a maniac elected POTUS and has a chance again in 2024?

Do all of you Trumpers finally get it? If you know what’s good for all of us you will suck it up and vote Biden for the sake of the country.

If this discussion doesn’t clue you in nothing will.

Remember when people like me were sounding the alarm about this guy? Red flashing lights were going off since 2016 and we were accused of having TDS. I think our position has been born out.
You do know his base wants him, nuclear war and the redneck nonwoke Jesus to take them to Rapture while burning all the wokes (I.e. normal people) into eternal damnation right?

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Good news.

DOJ just told Judge Cannon that the 60 days rule doesn’t apply to trump, as litigation has already begun. So he can be tried in August-early November.
What came of the hearing today? Did they schedule it for July ?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
What came of the hearing today? Did they schedule it for July ?
Apparently Cannon pushed back against Smith’s timeline. But reporters said she gave indication she doesn’t care if trial happens near the election.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Apparently Cannon pushed back against Smith’s timeline. But reporters said she gave indication she doesn’t care if trial happens near the election.
She’s hoping as trump is for the Supremes to save the day...but hopefully they won’t.

Reactions: hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Let’s see what Cannon rules about immunity in regards to PRA after hearing arguments later this month. If more likely when she rules for the orange monkey, Smith will definitely look to get her removed. Unfortunately this will delay definitely for a few months. If she actually rejects immunity claims, then orange monkey will delay, delay, delay with appeals. Dumb SCOTUS will definitely write the other immunity ruling to not cover documents issues.