Trump is coming back to the big stage according to Fox!

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
According to foxnews, Trump will be seen again on the big stage. This will be at the annual CPAC conference, where he will be speaking. The conference will be kicking of on Thursday, February 25, and will go on to February 28. The article does state that Trump will be talking about Biden, but it does not state anything else that Trump might be talking about.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...e-in-first-public-appearance-post-white-house

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
According to foxnews, Trump will be seen again on the big stage. This will be at the annual CPAC conference, where he will be speaking. The conference will be kicking of on Thursday, February 25, and will go on to February 28. The article does state that Trump will be talking about Biden, but it does not state anything else that Trump might be talking about.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...e-in-first-public-appearance-post-white-house
This isn’t shocking. CPAC is a convention for deplorables.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I am looking forward to this actually... I want it on record that the republican party is indeed still full on Donald Trump and I think that is important to show for the record. For me, his appearance and their enthusiasm will seal their fate. You see, THEY all believe that under Biden everything will go to hell in a hand basket and the people will object to Biden policies. But what if THEY are wrong? The chances of them being wrong are far better than of them being right. They're rallying around Donald Trump could be the final blow to that Trump owned and operated republican party. The odds are against them. Covid will become under control due to Biden and the vaccine, life in America will return back to normal, and thus the economy will rebound, and that Trump republican party will be nothing but a small small tiny nothing within American politics. Trump is going down and if Trump is a big hit at Cpac, then the republican party will go down as well. Trump's base was at 38 percent, soon that base will be half that or around 15-20 percent. Try getting your candidates elected with only 20 percent of the electorate.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Feb 4, 2009
Most interesting this is Pence said no, I won’t go.

He didn’t say he was busy or had family plan. He flat out said no thanks I’m not going.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
I am looking forward to this actually... I want it on record that the republican party is indeed still full on Donald Trump and I think that is important to show for the record. For me, his appearance and their enthusiasm will seal their fate. You see, THEY all believe that under Biden everything will go to hell in a hand basket and the people will object to Biden policies. But what if THEY are wrong? The chances of them being wrong are far better than of them being right. They're rallying around Donald Trump could be the final blow to that Trump owned and operated republican party. The odds are against them. Covid will become under control due to Biden and the vaccine, life in America will return back to normal, and thus the economy will rebound, and that Trump republican party will be nothing but a small small tiny nothing within American politics. Trump is going down and if Trump is a big hit at Cpac, then the republican party will go down as well. Trump's base was at 38 percent, soon that base will be half that or around 15-20 percent. Try getting your candidates elected with only 20 percent of the electorate.

I’m looking forward to the former President saying something that indicts him.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Feb 4, 2009
Can we have a side dish of this with that order?

Meh I don’t trust her character or motives

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
One order of stolen election rambling with a side dish of voter fraud coming up.
Yup, and this,
"In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. "
"American greatness" by his definition is race-bating Nazi ideology, how any person, Rep of Dem, could actually vote again for this traitor baffles me.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm asking CNN and MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, do not cover this. Go media silent. Do not give this guy any oxygen. Anyone who want to see it can go over to the Trump-sucking media outlets who will cover 24x7.

You're such a cute cancel culture commie. The networks want eyeballs on their programming. Couple that with their addiction to Trump, it will get covered, some way or other.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You're such a cute cancel culture commie. The networks want eyeballs on their programming. Couple that with their addiction to Trump, it will get covered, some way or other.
Unfortunately, you are correct. And that's a problem.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Cancel culture is censuring Republicans who voted their conscience for impeachment.

Really? Cindy McCain cancelled?

My point is why does Donald Trump at CPAC newsworthy? People have already said they are sick of hearing from Trump.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Cancel culture is censuring Republicans who voted their conscience for impeachment.

Really? Cindy McCain cancelled?

My point is why does Donald Trump at CPAC newsworthy? People have already said they are sick of hearing from Trump.

These Trumphumpers are the queens of cancel culture - from country music singers to football players to any politician who dares criticize their cult leader to a plethora of boycotting American companies - they are truly the biggest whiny bitches in the modern history of American politics.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
These Trumphumpers are the queens of cancel culture - from country music singers to football players to any politician who dares criticize their cult leader to a plethora of boycotting American companies - they are truly the biggest whiny bitches in the modern history of American politics.
They forget leading the cancel bandwagon because the Dixie Chicks had the nerve to criticize George Bush

Right wingers had Muhammed Ali cancelled because he dared not being drafted by a country that discriminates against him and other black people.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm asking CNN and MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, do not cover this. Go media silent. Do not give this guy any oxygen. Anyone who want to see it can go over to the Trump-sucking media outlets who will cover 24x7.

I figure Trump's appearance will be along the lines of Charles Manson giving Sunday Morning Sermonette. Now, wouldn't you like to watch Charles Manson doing that? Not much of a difference between murderer Charles Manson giving sermonette and accused insurrectionist Donald Trump preaching to the republican party on how they can improve themselves. When I consider Donald Trump, when I think of Donald Trump, when I see the face of Donald Trump I think of Benedict Arnold and Adolf Hitler and John Wilkes Booth and maybe a bit of Lizzie Borden. Everyone knows exactly who and what this Donald Trump guy is, everybody knows. Sean Hannity can not gloss over it, CPAC can not ignore it, and millions and millions of republicans, democrats, independents, and no party affixation can pretend that Donald Trump is anything else but what Donald Trump is..... a modern day Benedict Arnold, Adolf Hitler, John Wilkes Booth and a bit of Lizzie Borden rolled into one. I mean seriously folks, who is fooling who? Does Donald Trump actually believe his shit does not stink? Does Donald Trump actually believe that all America was not witness to what he had done? It may take some time but believe it, that his base will shrink and shrink and dwindle and dwindle down to very few lunatics and imbeciles. Just give it time. There will come a day sooner than later when the very sight of Donald Trump will make people say.... not that ass-hole again. :rolleyes:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Where Trump appears you will not find me. He's anathema. I will resent even the brief clips this might garner on TV. The takes here are likely to be smarter and with the requisite sarcasm. The man is a colossal waste. May as well drink a lead cocktail as listen or watch one of his public appearances.

Edit: Had to look it up. CPAC stands for Conservative Political Action Conference. Pretty rye that they have this considering that the Republican Party waived on having a platform for the 2020 General Election. They just said fuck that, whatever Trump says/does is them. Cult indeed. Gag me with a spoon.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Even without the presidency Trump still needs to be in the lime light. Just because he lost doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t keep tweeting, Demagoguing, claiming that he was the best president ever and that the people really want him to return. If he hasn’t been incarcerated or brought down by death or dementia there is no way that he would pass up a chance to get people talking about him again. Republicans aren’t going to let something as ridiculous as video proof change whatever bullshit they’re spewing that day.

Trump can't wait to relish his role as a kingmaker - and, naturally, not lift a finger to help. Even if Trump goes. His “base” will still be around and candidates will continue looking for the best way to pander to them – it’s the monster that has turned on its creators and they need to feed it or it will eat them alive.

Not only will they have to deal with their newly unleashed "national id", but we’ll also have to deal with "Trumposis" - A whole slew of young Republican Congresspersons have seen how shameless lying, gaslighting, norm-breaking, and corruption can get you farther than anyone would have thought possible pre-Trump.

Reactions: Muse

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Axios: Trump intends a "show of force" to show "he is the Republican Party"

In his first post-presidential appearance, Donald Trump plans to send the message next weekend that he is Republicans' "presumptive 2024 nominee" with a vise grip on the party's base, top Trump allies tell Axios.

What to watch: A longtime adviser called Trump's speech a "show of force," and said the message will be: "I may not have Twitter or the Oval Office, but I'm still in charge." Payback is his chief obsession.

Axios has learned that Trump advisers will meet with him at Mar-a-Lago this week to plan his next political moves, and to set up the machinery for kingmaking in the 2022 midterms.
  • Trump is expected to stoke primary challenges for some of those who have crossed him, and shower money and endorsements on the Trumpiest candidates.
  • State-level officials, fresh off censuring Trump critics, stand ready to back him up.
Why it matters: Trump's speech Sunday at CPAC in Orlando is designed to show that he controls the party, whether or not he runs in 2024. [Emphasis mine]
  • His advisers argue that his power within the GOP runs deeper and broader than ever, and that no force can temper him.
  • "Trump effectively is the Republican Party," Trump senior adviser Jason Miller told me. "The only chasm is between Beltway insiders and grassroots Republicans around the country. When you attack President Trump, you're attacking the Republican grassroots."
The big picture: The few Republicans who have spoken ill of Trump since the election — including House members who voted to impeach him, and senators who voted to convict — have found themselves censured, challenged and vilified by the parties in their home states.

What's next: Trump's leadership PAC, Save America, has $75 million on hand, and he has a database of tens of millions of names.

The long game: Many Trump confidants think he'll pretend to run but ultimately pass. He knows the possibility — or threat — gives him leverage and attention.

~~~

Of course he'll do everything to signal that he's running and hold the attention of his base--but a lot will be riding on how well his 'chosen' candidates do in the 2022 midterms.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Best to stick it to him with the legal stuff. The worse he's made out the worse he'll do. It's not just up to the Trumpers. He'll have a base, but the more marginalized they become in the American landscape the better. It's inevitable, it's a question of when. Of course, if Trumpism never diminishes you can stick a fork in America... in that case there will only be decomposition all in all, Trumpism would die as America dies.

Last edited:
Reactions: thilanliyan

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
What's next: Trump's leadership PAC, Save America, has $75 million on hand, and he has a database of tens of millions of names.

The long game: Many Trump confidants think he'll pretend to run but ultimately pass. He knows the possibility — or threat — gives him leverage and attention.
75M isn't much in today's political landscape. Bloomberg alone can Trump that out of hand. A database is only worth so much. By itself a list of names and email addresses doesn't count for much. I get all kinds of junk mail all the time.