Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What kind of Americans would put ideology ahead of due process and the covenant of presumed innocent until proven guilty?
Democrats. BUT...when a democrat is accused, they will want the covenant back and scream to the heavens if they are being treated the way they have treated the other side. There is a word for that.

I see you've never been to or seen a Trump rally? You're also stretching here with the claims that you are making over what you perceive people to be arguing.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
What kind of Americans would put ideology ahead of due process and the covenant of presumed innocent until proven guilty?
Democrats. BUT...when a democrat is accused, they will want the covenant back and scream to the heavens if they are being treated the way they have treated the other side. There is a word for that.

Go get your diaper changed.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I can't find in my post where I said he didn't do it, perhaps you could point that out for me?
On a related topic, I'm one of those stupid people that think even the "bad guys" have rights, and that they get a fair trial before the hanging. That fair trial has to be more than everyone "knowing" he did it.

We aren't a court of law. If you witness a crime, you can state as much and due process will still exist. The point is anyone with half a brain and a tiny bit of common sense already knows that trump is a serial criminal.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Some in the media were saying THIS may lead to democrats changing some laws and breaks the privileged take advantage of.
And I thought YEAH, RIGHT....
Like we have no very very rich democrats serving in congress.
Getting two rich guys to come together to change anything is pretty impossible, regardless of political party.
Remember.... the system is what it is today because both sides agreed on "something".
That being, protecting their rich ass.
Does anyone believe we got to where we are by some fluke?
No, this was well planned. And just one of the reasons rich people run for congress.
And for president.
Face it fellow peasants, we're royally screwed!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Outstanding article. That took a huge amount of time and resources to put that together. I couldn't finish reading it cause my head was about to explode with all of the crap the Trump family was pulling to avoid taxes. Is this enough to take him down?

Is this new information? Did someone leak it? How is the Times finding out about this now?

I believe most of this is new information that came from people who had access to personal documents that hate Trump and want to take him down.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Outstanding article. That took a huge amount of time and resources to put that together. I couldn't finish reading it cause my head was about to explode with all of the crap the Trump family was pulling to avoid taxes. Is this enough to take him down?

I believe most of this is new information that came from people who had access to personal documents that hate Trump and want to take him down.

We should be clear on three things about this article.

1) the newspaper of record has said that the sitting president engaged in ‘outright fraud’ to help inherit hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. They are talking about criminal behavior.

2) given Trump’s well known litigiousness the NYT would not make this claim unless they had strong evidence to back it up. It is highly likely to be true.

3) Republicans in Congress will see this article and this strong evidence of criminal activity and do nothing.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That will need to be you, after the midterms. Think you're an angry toddler now, I can't wait til next month. lol

Tell you what, if the Dems win the House you have to go disappear from P&N for 6 months. If the GOP holds the House I'll do the same.

Ready to put up?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
4) Trump supporters will call it fake news

Nah, just that he was smart to do it and this is what rich people do and simply how rich people get rich....inherit millions! The American way! Conservative voters live under this perpetual delusion that dreams of wealth will meet them just on the other side of their rusty bathtub, lean-to shack, with just the right kind of hard work! This is why they idolize the idol rich that inherited their wealth for generations, never did shit, and in turn feed so-called conservatives the pack of lies that they, too, will join them in American Splendor! If only you vote to ah, ah....oh! not take away guns or kill babies! Yeah...that's right....whatever it takes to keep you toothless hicks poor and us disgustingly wealthy!

Yeah yeah! Guns and babies! Just ignore the stuff about us sequestering $1.5 Trillion of your actual money for our ever-growing yacht needs!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Nah, just that he was smart to do it and this is what rich people do and simply how rich people get rich....inherit millions! The American way! Conservative voters live under this perpetual delusion that dreams of wealth will meet them just on the other side of their rusty bathtub, lean-to shack, with just the right kind of hard work! This is why they idolize the idol rich that inherited their wealth for generations, never did shit, and in turn feed so-called conservatives the pack of lies that they, too, will join them in American Splendor! If only you vote to ah, ah....oh! not take away guns or kill babies! Yeah...that's right....whatever it takes to keep you toothless hicks poor and us disgustingly wealthy!

Yeah yeah! Guns and babies! Just ignore the stuff about us sequestering $1.5 Trillion of your actual money for our ever-growing yacht needs!
Many of them, though, are Mammonites, worshiping Mammon dressed up as Jesus. Mammonites don't just worship Mammon, but worship those who Mammon blesses with wealth.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Tell you what, if the Dems win the House you have to go disappear from P&N for 6 months. If the GOP holds the House I'll do the same.

Ready to put up?

I'd agree to more specific wording if I were you, there's plenty of weasel-room in that wording.

Mar 11, 2004

I'd have to check, but I remember telling people (might not have been on here) that Turmp is going to seriously regret having run for President, because he's going to ruin everything that he valued (him, his family, his name). He was inevitably going to end up forcing enough scrutiny onto himself that it would reveal what a complete and total fraud he is. And it will probably KO his businesses and brands. He'll have nothing, and he'll be leaving his family with nothing, which they'll abandon him anyway out of either self preservation, shame, or because they're just as much money grubbing assholes as him, and with his wannabe empire in shambles, they have no use for him.

He's going to burn everyone that involved themselves with him too. The Republicans are going to be tarnished because they let him reveal what scornful, deceitful, despicable, people they are (just look at their posts, they openly argue that helping other people and bettering society is harmful; they used to get away with "because its costs too much" but they're showing how they've been frauds on that issue perhaps more than any other - which is saying something; and more and more people are having to realize that they just hate people that much, that even when its more fiscally sound, they argue against helping their fellow man, even when it would help themselves as well; we're at the stage where they openly cheer spiting themselves to hurt other people). Literally anyone involved in business dealings or any type of professional relationship with Turmp will be scrutinized. And that's going to cross borders as we find out how many foreign persons he tried setting up deals with, which means the Russians are likely going to be facing more asset seizures and freezes. I could see a lot of countries trying to work deals to provide the details of the deals in exchange for little or no punishment, or to try and get favor with new government. Hell, I expect Russia to be front and center on that.

Yeah, I'd guess its from people that Turmp burned or people that can see that if they don't burn him down first, he'll do it to them. And perhaps this is one of those things the IRS had as an "open case", but knowing it would be problematic and costly to actually followthrough on, they'd have to only get serious about it if/when it becomes impossible for them to ignore (meaning when people in the government demand them to).

I won't be surprised to find out that some of the old school type of Republicans (the ones that hated Turmp until they flipped suddenly; which I'm curious now if there was some deal with Kennedy to step down at a certain time so they could stack the court with someone very sympathetic to their wants after they got Gorsuch in, and then they targeted Kavanaugh - specifically because they probably had dirt on him and thought they'd be able to force him to do what they want only for it to start backfiring; but they were probably hoping they'd get to lead into the midterm election by delivering for the anti-abortion religious people thinking it would galvanize them to get out and vote big) who got access to this stuff and leaked it to try and get it to be used to take him down. But then knowing the shitshow that is the Turmp administration, one of the many many random people that got access to the White House by simply saying some nice things about Turmp found this on a stack of papers because Turmp thought that to really destroy them, he had to print them out and then shred them but they hadn't bought a shredder yet or it got jammed when Turmp tried shoving one of his phones into after raging about some news, and then the person found "super secret money" files on some open shared network and then copied them over before leaving.

We should be clear on three things about this article.

1) the newspaper of record has said that the sitting president engaged in ‘outright fraud’ to help inherit hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. They are talking about criminal behavior.

2) given Trump’s well known litigiousness the NYT would not make this claim unless they had strong evidence to back it up. It is highly likely to be true.

3) Republicans in Congress will see this article and this strong evidence of criminal activity and do nothing.

The best part is that if Turmp sues them, it actually enables them to go on discovery against him, which means it might full on legally compel his full tax returns to fill in the last pieces. And that is not going to end well. Even if they can keep that from public record, the people presiding will know he's full of shit.

Oprah and Bill Gates are America's best examples of self made billionaires, starting from nothing.

Not this lying bloated gasbag

I don't know Oprah's story, but Bill Gates wasn't really "self made" billionaire (that's not to say he did nothing, he absolutely did a lot, but Windows wouldn't have been as successful if they didn't rip off Xerox SPARC, and then of course all the developers and other people that turned Windows into an actual thing - which Bill played a role in that so again, not trying to downplay his role, but its the product of thousands of people's hard work over years and years). There really is no "self-made" billionaire. They all became billionaires because there were thousands, if not millions, of people that made it possible. I'm not trying to tear them down, I'm trying to remind people that, without society, there is no real wealth. I don't think egalitarian utopia is possible with humans because we are inherently wired to compete and fight. But so too, real anarchy isn't possible because we're inherently wired to be social beings. But we've done a pretty amazing job of working together enough to be able to create this elaborate society and all that it helped to develop.

Now, there damn sure is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fucking difference between what the people you're talking about did to get their wealth and what Turmp did to get his sham wealth, so I'm in full agreement on that point.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
As a native New Yorker, I feel like I've read this article before. It almost feels like common knowledge type stuff.
Yeah. This sounds like the typical playbook used to preserve white collar generational wealth, and what most people from NY already new about Trump and many other “elites”.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I see you've never been to or seen a Trump rally? You're also stretching here with the claims that you are making over what you perceive people to be arguing.

62 million Americans are the kind of American he's describing