Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He's talking about the leaks from the intelligence community to MSM...which happens to be a Federal crime. Is this really that hard for you to understand?

Meh...unless you think what was leaked was fabricated, the Intelligence community is supposed to protect the US from threats both foreign and domestic. If the intelligence is telling them that someone the White House appointed to national security is actually a threat to the US, then what are they supposed to do, Look the other way. They were already targeted by the Trump administration.The Intelligence Community didn't start this. There comes a time when doing the right thing for the country isn't the same thing as doing the right thing for the President. Trump shouldn't have started a war if he didn't want the other side to fight back.

EDIT: In a perfect world, I would rather the intelligence community agencies report through the political process and have those mechanisms deal with the problem. If you allow the security apparatus to unilaterally act out of vengeance against an elected President and their cabinet, you have destroyed the village to save the village.

Last edited:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Really goes to show what a dumb as rocks fool Trump is. What President in their right mind would start spouting off about how horrible the intelligence agencies and their people are ? Good luck trying to win that battle. Maybe his plan in trying to cover up all his dirt by discrediting those he knew would be coming for him was to not just attack the media, but intelligence as well.

No need for intelligence. Trump has the best spies, the bigly spies. He knows and has heard and everyone is saying all the intelligence things to him. Bigly.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What Federal Crime? There is less proof of Trump's "crime" than the so called no proof of Hillary's Emails and Benghazi crimes. We have people in the federal government actively trying to delegitimize not a political candidate but the actual President and members of Congress and that's ok?

there was never any evidence, anywhere, of any kind of crime that Hillary committed regarding Ben Gazi.

Nov 30, 2006
leaking information about national security relevant to the defense of the US is a crime. What if the information involves an internal threat to the country and this is the only avenue of recourse?

Let's go with a hypothetical that you seem stubbornly unwilling to accept, much less consider as a possibility worthy of discussion: Say Trump and Bannon have committed multiple acts of Treason, Russia has compromising information on Trump (near absolute certainty there--don't be daft), there actions or simply bold ignorance of their own actions compromising the security and integrity of the nation simply can not continue.

What then? Where is the actual crime?
Say this information wasn't leaked to the press--giving the public access to digest this intelligence, but then a secret coup is organized to remove the president and his chief advisers, with little explanation as to why (insert any random administration in this scenario). Then what? How do you think the public responds to such a situation, being kept in the dark of very real facts and what would be known to be a very real threat to this country?
Sorry, but I'm not going to engage in any discussions regarding your tin-foil hat conspiracy theories.

Feb 4, 2009
Trump's ego needs feeding, he's not feeling special any longer.

Trump set to hold another campaign-style rally
From CNN's Jeremy Diamond

Trump will hold a campaign-style rally Saturday in Melbourne, Florida.

Trump will rally supporters at an airport hangar at the Orlando Melbourne International Airport, the same venue where he held a campaign rally in September.

Trump is slated to arrive at the rally by landing at the airport on Air Force One and disembarking in front of the crowd, just as he did during the campaign, an administration official said.

It's still unclear whether the soundtrack to "Air Force One" will play as Trump's plane arrives — as it did during the campaign.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/trump-watch-live-coverage-week-4

Reactions: twelfth

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Wow. A party rally.

This is like a road trip to him. Seriously--this guy thinks he's partying like it's a joke campaign. It's as if he's following some band around and tour and refused to get off the bus.

This is what fascists do, folks: they blather illegal legislation, get stuffed by the law, then bitch and consolidate their base at a A PARTY RALLY. Once the law blocks their machinations, they seek to restore loud, popular anger and will. This is what happens when you can't lead.

He's the president now. not a circus-barking party chairman.

2nd-november-1920-italian-fascist-dictator-benito-mussolini-speaking-picture-id3066163

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
However, this is what I don't like about the way the press is handling this (I haven't watched TV news for the last 4 days until today....), and I agree with part of what DSF is saying.

At this moment, the press is talking openly and freely about their investigation. Sure, they're confident about their sources (it is every news source, after all), but they are again litigating while they uncover further info and haven't secured all of their sources.

Watergate was what, a year of investigation, then accusation, and public litigation? so much of the reporting and evidence-gathering that went into that was deep and researched.

These guys are trying to prosecute an administration on live TV, with what, a few weeks of investigation? ...or are a lot of those leaks coming from overseas intel sources? Man, I don't know what's going on, lol. watching this squirely dude on Newshour right now, an earlier campaign staffer, and he just spent FIFTEEN MINUTES answering every single question with a distance, defend, distance, defend. and--this is all fake news, over and over and over. Not a single question considered. He hasn't even worked for Trump in a year, and it's just "all of this is evil charges, conspiracy..."

lol, it's this guy, Carter Page:
trump-carter-page.jpg

...the doorknob on the right. Lol, this guy was Tump's "Moscow advisor" early in his campaign, and he just stonewalled every single attempt to ask him if he worked for Trump, what Trump knows about Russia, what he knows about staffers (basically, the press has TONS of names, and everyone knows that. This guy KNOWS that they know what he knows, so, keep that in mind). Solid 15 minutes of "I know nothing, no one , and press is fake and liars fake liars." Bonzotown. :D

These blokes are dug in, but, you know what--this Carter Page guy knows some shit is going down, lol!

Jesus Christ this is nuts, once that video becomes available online, it will be viral. LMAO.

Good Twitter feed repeating some of the more interesting

lol, Dude basically spent the whole time saying none of this ever happened:
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/world/europe/carter-page-donald-trump-moscow-russia.html

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
...as well as control of the House, Senate and Presidency. And what have you got? A party in denial that's quickly fading into irrelevance.

I think DSF makes a great point. Why do liberals lose despite objective superiority by all enlightenment metrics. Why do they have such a hard time dealing with pissant mental dinosaurs. Surely there must be reasons for this that thinking people can figure.

Rather worth pondering I believe.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
The buzz is that this investigation could last for months.

It seems like the groundswell for impeachment.

Reactions: twelfth

twelfth

Sep 10, 2015
lol @ you dems
Your strategy of making hay out of every straw will backfire one day. Not that it will matter.

BUT HER EMAILS, amirite?

SHE FAINTED.

Did we mention her emails?

OH YEAH AND BILL HAD AN AFFAIR.

And her emails, too!

Bitch, please. Hillary, with all the witchhunting aimed at her, ended up becoming the single most vetted candidate of all time.

And you're saying other people are making hay out of every straw?

There's no reason why Trump had so much to hide now, is there? We're only just starting to find out.

http://www.gq.com/story/trump-campaign-russia-contact

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
@Doc Savage Fan is a dense fool. As a third party, I'm still trying to comprehend why you are all so tolerant of a wilfully ignorant and partisan hack like this DSF ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
The need to go hold a rally is pretty fucked up. It speaks to a need to go bask in what is sure to be adoration, because only trump testicle bearers would turn up and waste time out of their lives on it. There will probably be some protestors, but kept outside obviously. The whole idea is really pathetic. He's probably feeling isolated and useless at The White House. The full brunt of his incompetence apparent and scandals hitting him from all angles. So he wants to go do what he was 'good' at; verbal diarrhea and nonsense talk to the cheers of low information drones. Probably where he feels like he's in his element and having his pathetic ego filled up. I guess he could believe this will somehow help him with the pending investigations and whatever new leaks are going to be in store for him. I can't see how it would help there, but he's pretty out there so he might believe it.

It is uncomfortably like the sort of thing Hitler and Mussolini did. But I don't think it forecasts him actually becoming a dictator like him. I still believe if he attempted to ever fully suspend people's rights and the constitution, in a fashion like Hitler did, that some governmental force would simply take him out then and there and put a stop to it before it could really go anywhere. It's certainly something you see the potential for, but I think the government is simply too large and too many of the key pieces for that sort of thing are not under his control. It's mostly just a really pathetic commentary on what an ineffectual, fundamentally weak below the surface and embarrassing man Trump is.

There will be more leaks because there appears to be a lot more going on with his and others ties to Russia. The fact that these leaks are happening and he's threatened by them, that they have been verified by the red herring of chasing the leakers to take attention from the contents of the leaks, says there is a goal here. I'd think intelligence people being conscious of their charge would prefer to leak as little as possible to get the ball rolling. But, the more the Republicans choose to be complicit in Trump & co's illegality in the hope to get their mandates through before the chaos of Trump's administration being put on the block effects that, the more frequent and significant in content I expect the leaks to be.

They'll keep at it until they find the tipping point that forces action to take place. It's not happening yet, so probably something really juicy is coming up next.

Reactions: Ns1 and twelfth
Jan 25, 2011

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Reactions: agent00f

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Chaffetz is starting a war with the intelligence community? Should be fun to watch.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
A billionaire hedge fund guy leaving a cushy gig to fight the CIA. Sounds like an opening to a future episode of "When keeping it real goes wrong."

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
this seems relevant...

"White House Plans to Have Trump Ally Review Intelligence Agencies"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/us/politics/trump-intelligence-agencies-stephen-feinberg.html

It would be good to note that the position required need confirmation and that the Republicans aren't in love with Russia. A witch hunt on the part of Trump to protect his Russian interests isn't guaranteed to materialize. What he may do is foster a "Deep State", a shadow government which steers elected figures as it deems necessary. This exists around the world and best seen in Turkey. The Atlantic had a good piece recently about leaks and how Deep States work and their dangers.