Discussion Trump 2024

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Lindsay Graham says the Republicans in the Senate will not vote to confirm Biden’s Attorney General nominee unless he or she promises not to bring any charges against Individual 1.

Lindsey Graham Says Senate Republicans Will Refuse To Seat Joe Biden's AG Pick -- If Trump Will Face Criminal Investigation | HillReporter.com

Trump set the precedent of using “Acting” heads of agencies to get around that pesky need to have his choice confirmed. There’s an option. On the other hand if Trump keeps shooting the party’s own foot in Georgia the Senate may wind up in Democrat hands in which case Miss Ludicrous Lindsay won’t matter.

Wow, they're just openly trying to block investigation of criminal activity? That's just ridiculous.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Wow, they're just openly trying to block investigation of criminal activity? That's just ridiculous.
More ridiculous then saying that they know the President committed crimes, and probably even colluded with Russia, but even though we know that the only thing that can really hold a President accountable is us, we don't want to?
We have already been through this. The GOP has started to act like the mafia. They only follow the rules when it works for them.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Actually Leningrad Lindsey is trying to protect his own ass.

Appoint Janet Reno as acting Attorney General, then see if the Senate wants to think about confirming her successor. Actually... Appoint her anyway and leak a rumor to QAnon that she isn’t dead and was silenced as she was about to dig too deep into the Hilary sex ring plot.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Don't know if it matters or not but half of that $170 million, so $85 million or so, had been from Sheldon Adelson.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Not sure if punning or not... Anyway, a man in his "position" should always protect his ass.
No pun. There is a difference between covering your ass, something we all do, and protecting your ass by blocking investigations into your actions.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Actually Leningrad Lindsey is trying to protect his own ass.

From the wrath of Trump. Closeted gay men are subject to blackmail. And of course Trump would do that. Remember way back when Lindsey wasn't a Trump fan and then all of a sudden he became an ardent admirer?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I think I agree with this. He's already reaching irreverence now arguably. He can say all kinds of shit at these pressers and everybody just rolls their eyes.

Now for the GOP he's helped make their primary voters even more insane to the level that we're going to have Q believers in congress soon. Eventually this risks more people fleeing the party and a broad loss of power like we've seen on the state level when the state GOP goes all in on the crazy (Virginia being a recent relevant example).
I'd like to think otherwise but the last 4+ years have told me to not underestimate the gullibility and stupidity of the American public.

Feb 4, 2009
I for one am excited about a 2024 Trump candidacy. I look forward to knowing if 2024 R candidates learned anything from 2016 R candidates regarding how to run against the then former President.
Appears Democrats learned how to run against the bullshit machine.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Need to finish _this_ election first. For all we know it will still be going on in 2024.

Trump will likely be far too sick and decrepit by that time anyway. Plus the Republicans will probably have found someone even worse (and even less capable of formulating a properly-structured sentence - they seem to be on a 100-year-mission to find the most rambling and inarticulate public speaker in the English-speaking-world).

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Need to finish _this_ election first. For all we know it will still be going on in 2024.

Trump will likely be far too sick and decrepit by that time anyway. Plus the Republicans will probably have found someone even worse (and even less capable of formulating a properly-structured sentence - they seem to be on a 100-year-mission to find the most rambling and inarticulate public speaker in the English-speaking-world).
So we will have Rubio and Cruz fighting over the new found conservative Latinos? Dumb racist Republicans are too dumb to understand this. I think Bush actually did, but racists overruled.