Discussion Trump 2024

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Yes it is, as long as he is not convicted for certain things.

The only requirements for being President of the United States is:

Be a natural born citizen of the United States.
Be a resident of the United States for 14 years
Be 35 years of age or older
Not be barred from holding federal office due to impeachment by the US Senate.
Not have been found guilty of insurrection, rebellion, or treason against the United States (14th Amendment)
Not have already held the office for two term, one of which was at least 2 years. (22nd Amendment)
From prison?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
LOL, some of my neighbors actually had flag poles installed to hanfg their massive trump 2020 flags from,
now they just need to wait 4 more years!

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
easy solution: have the House pass a law requiring candidate's taxes for min past10 years be submitted and received in order to be put on ballot. drumpf cant stand for his real lack of wealth to be public.

Wouldn't that require a constitutional amendment?

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
Wouldn't that require a constitutional amendment?
it will take a federal law but not sure what level. ca fed court struck down ca law requiring tax records for getting on state ballot. congress has the power to get president's tax records from the irs but drumpf has had govt attnys blocking those requests.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
From prison?
I think there is an exactly 0 percent chance that Trump ever goes to prison. Worst case scenario is that he is found guilty, and if sentenced to any time at all the courts will make an agreement with the Secret Service to put him under house arrest, and then exceptions will be made for almost anything he wants.

Reactions: jameny5

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

How exactly would he "ruin his chances" for 2024 by acting like the stain on humanity that he is?

His supporters don't care what he does, and probably would cheer, if he took a dump in his chair, then rubbed feces all over the white house before he was dragged out kicking and screaming. That wouldn't lose him a vote for 2024. His supporters live in an alternate reality where anything Trump says/does is exactly the right thing.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
I think there is an exactly 0 percent chance that Trump ever goes to prison. Worst case scenario is that he is found guilty, and if sentenced to any time at all the courts will make an agreement with the Secret Service to put him under house arrest, and then exceptions will be made for almost anything he wants.
The New York Attorney General will go after him. Fatboy Trump's attorneys will settle with her. After that - We will not hear from the misfit King ever again. He will fade into history and hopefully, die before he could continue to destroy our country and reputation around the world! Let's hope it plays out like this. Like we know - Trumpy is an unpredictable dude and could throw a monkey wrench in to all of this.

Last edited:

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011

And here's the most frightening thing for rival Republicans with an eye on 2024: It's very hard to imagine anyone can keep Trump from the 2024 nomination if he wants it.

Why? Because Trump is not just the dominant figure in the party (and among the party's base) right now. He is the only face of the party, the result of a four-year campaign designed to eradicate all dissenting voices from within the GOP, while turning the remainders into willing supplicants. What that campaign has wrought is a devastated GOP landscape where Trump is effectively like the Eye of Sauron -- a totally dominant and terror-inducing presence for everyone it looks upon.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
still believe that nearly every bit of that is going to do away with a 'For the good of the country lets let bygones be bygones'. Biden has already stated on talking points to that effect.

You need a link to back up that assertion. Biden has made statements to the contrary-

He won't stay in this Country for long, I figure, not with the SDNY & NYS trying to prosecute him. He could go from the White House to house arrest wearing an ankle monitor rather suddenly.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You need a link to back up that assertion. Biden has made statements to the contrary-

He won't stay in this Country for long, I figure, not with the SDNY & NYS trying to prosecute him. He could go from the White House to house arrest wearing an ankle monitor rather suddenly.
If there isn't an open and transparent investigation into all sectors of government to root out criminal acts and corruption, then the next Republican to hold the White House will never abide by law because it will have been shown to be completely irrelevant. It needs to be broadcast live on CSPAN, and it can bring down anyone, Democrats, Republicans, etc.

This shit has been brewing since 1974 and after close to 50 years, if the President is clearly immune during and after, then there's no reason to ever follow the law.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I'd say that a major party nominee conducting their presidential campaign from Leavenworth would be the most 2020 thing yet, but in 2024....are things really going to only get that much worse in 4 years?
321gk9f.png

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
2024 not gonna happen for Trump. His first term was too much for him already and must have taken a huge toll on sense of self and esteem, esp when he's constantly ridiculed and his faults always put in the spotlight by MSM. Plus as his niece Mary said , the prospect of losing again is too much for him to bear.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I don't see it happening, he will not be willing to risk the humiliation of losing again. I bet he dangles it out there though, keeps the base frothed up with it, then one of his degenerate family members runs. Probably Jr. or Ivanka. A family member would still allow them to captialize on the cultists they've developed who already carry Trump's water.

Winding up with Jr. as POTUS.. you may as well just burn your country down and save the misery of his coke fuelled crime spree in the White House.

Reactions: ivwshane

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
2024 not gonna happen for Trump. His first term was too much for him already and must have taken a huge toll on sense of self and esteem, esp when he's constantly ridiculed and his faults always put in the spotlight by MSM. Plus as his niece Mary said , the prospect of losing again is too much for him to bear.

That's exactly why I think he WILL run. Do you really picture Trump admitting that he lost and spending the rest of his days as a loser? No way. He's going to keep fighting.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
He has to run in order to keep the grift going and collect donations. If he's officially running no one on the right is going to go up against him. I fail to see how he isn't the nominee in 2024.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
He has to run in order to keep the grift going and collect donations. If he's officially running no one on the right is going to go up against him. I fail to see how he isn't the nominee in 2024.

Keep in mind that a lot could happen in those four years. Trump is not only an old man with terrible health habits, but he's now a COVID-19 survivor whose long-term condition is an unknown (he doesn't appear to be a "long COVID" victim, but that doesn't mean he emerged unscathed). And of course, there's all those legal challenges that await him the second he's out of office.

I remember wondering in 2016 if Trump would even last a full term (still an unknown until January!), and I'm just as wary about him making it to a 2024 election.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Not to mention the divorce debt indictments and whatnot ... there will be little left to run 2024
The idea of 2024 will allow his to "gracefully" exit the whitehouse.
Ill take it.

Reactions: feralkid

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
He can keep running and the Dems can keep using him as a rallying cry to bring out the vote.

My biggest worry is that he will fall out of the media spotlight, but not from the twitter feeds of 70 million Americans and just spread his mental garbage like a silently spreading malignant cancer, silently hollowing out the fabric of our society until it comes oozing out again in the form of a more polished autocrat when society least expects it.

Reactions: cytg111

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
I should mention i dont think he will be successful, but debts and awful business practices won't do anything to dent the fervor of the faithful; theres nothing that can really be revealed at this point that the base can't shrug off, given their complete inability to give a shit when faced with his corruption (impeachment) and incompetence (covid).

They are completely impervious to facts. I think he'll still run and have plurality support of the GOP even if he does so while indicted. It simply won't matter.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
He can keep running and the Dems can keep using him as a rallying cry to bring out the vote.

My biggest worry is that he will fall out of the media spotlight, but not from the twitter feeds of 70 million Americans and just spread his mental garbage like a silently spreading malignant cancer, silently hollowing out the fabric of our society until it comes oozing out again in the form of a more polished autocrat when society least expects it.

Nah, Twitter have stated that once he leaves office he no longer gets protected status. That account is probably getting banned about 15 minutes after Biden's inauguration.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
The question for Twitter is this: once his account is no longer protected due to "public interest" does it get banned immediately for all of the existing posts that violate standards or does the account get a free pass until the next egregious violation?