Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
Single player from PCGH so far, they did have this note not sure if someone can do a real translation as google translate isn't very clear:

Despite this handicap the designers succeeded quite a chic look. For the antialiasing also an innovation on board: In addition to the current games now rarely seen multisample antialiasing temporal antialiasing TSAA can be switched. In the game directory to also place the DLL file for Nvidia TXAA from GameWorks program; the GameWorks DLL for HBAO + and / or VXAO is also there. Switching can be these effects in our nearly final trial but not yet. It therefore is a patch that will enable these features, also us an AMD-specific update was EA until tomorrow yet announced.

Titanfall2-21_9-UWQHD-pcgh.jpg

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Titanfall-2-Spiel-55363/Specials/Test-Benchmarks-Singleplayer-1211709/

Titanfall2_2016_10_27_14_01_16_162.jpg

http://www.gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/titanfall-2-test-gpu

t2_1920.png

t2_2560.png

t2_3840.png

GameGPU looks like they did singleplayer testing, but they do have fighting in their scene compared to just walking around in PCGH

Game looks beautiful though, amazing that this is the source engine. Great to see PCGH doing ultrawide testing too!

http://www.hardwareunboxed.com/titanfall-2-benchmarks-22-gpus-tested-at-1080p-1440p-4k/

J6t5tqM.png

Bhc6u6G.png

Last edited:

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Here you go.

PCGH 1920x1080:

PCGH 2560x1440:

dogen1

Oct 14, 2014
Don't think you can really say this a source engine game. At the very least it's a highly modified fork of the source engine.

Reactions: Headfoot

Headfoot

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2008
Don't think you can really say this a source engine game. At the very least it's a highly modified fork of the source engine.
Yeah the dev's have basically said as much too - its basically a custom engine at this point

Looks really good, great landscapes there. I'm still waiting for the reviews on this one as alpha players have mentioned they screwed up some parts of the original formula. Really want this one to be good as I loved Titanfall 1

ConsoleLover

Aug 28, 2016
Great win for AMD. Is the game running at DX11 or Vulkan? Finally we see AMD winning handily over Nvidia. I mean we've seen the writing on the wall, as AMD begun winning in GOW 4, Forza Horizon 3, most newer games, especially in DX12, but its good that the trend is continuing and AMD winning more and bigger.

DamZe

May 18, 2016
Yeah the dev's have basically said as much too - its basically a custom engine at this point

Looks really good, great landscapes there. I'm still waiting for the reviews on this one as alpha players have mentioned they screwed up some parts of the original formula. Really want this one to be good as I loved Titanfall 1

Looking at initial reviews, it seems to be a good game, GameSpot gave it 9/10, it sits at around 84/100 on metacritic for PC version, looks like it's pretty solid!

Reactions: Headfoot

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Great win for AMD. Is the game running at DX11 or Vulkan? Finally we see AMD winning handily over Nvidia. I mean we've seen the writing on the wall, as AMD begun winning in GOW 4, Forza Horizon 3, most newer games, especially in DX12, but its good that the trend is continuing and AMD winning more and bigger.

I think it's just running in DX11, no low level API fanciness. And yeah, good showing for AMD. Most amusing to me is the GTX 770 (GK104) only managing one frame more than a R7-370 (Pitcairn) at 1080p. Remember when GK104 was supposedly a whole performance tier above Pitcairn and gave Tahiti a run for its money? Also, Tonga(the 380X) yet again fails to separate itself from Tahiti (280X)...what was the point of that chip, again?

Headfoot

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2008
Looking at initial reviews, it seems to be a good game, GameSpot gave it 9/10, it sits at around 84/100 on metacritic for PC version, looks like it's pretty solid!
Awesome. I'll almost certainly be getting this one then

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That XFX GTR 480 is looking totally legit the more and more reviews I see. I wonder if we could get some benches with some reference 480 and the PC Devil and Nitros/Strixs to compare to the GTR? I guess I want to see if this thing really is that much more of a beast than the other 480s, ....and I want to know why.

Reactions: kawi6rr

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

These are multiplayer only, right? I picked up TF recently when EA was giving it out for free several months ago...but only played it for about 5 minutes after realizing it was just a big multiplayer map battle sort of game. I just can't play those games any more.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
These are multiplayer only, right? I picked up TF recently when EA was giving it out for free several months ago...but only played it for about 5 minutes after realizing it was just a big multiplayer map battle sort of game. I just can't play those games any more.

People have said that the single player was more puzzle based

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
People have said that the single player was more puzzle based

Oh, did TF 1 have a single player campaign? Seemed like it was only MP map matches....If there's a campaign, I might be tempted to reinstall those inappropriate 80 GB. :D

Mercennarius

Oct 28, 2015
I don't remember TF having a single player..at least not at launch. It may have been added later on though...

Reactions: ZGR

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Oh, did TF 1 have a single player campaign? Seemed like it was only MP map matches....If there's a campaign, I might be tempted to reinstall those inappropriate 80 GB. :D

I don't remember it having SP at all.

All cards are doing what is expected, not bad.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016

Oh sorry I thought you mean this game, yeah don't think first game had SP just MP.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh sorry I thought you mean this game, yeah don't think first game had SP just MP.

well, I meant both, I guess. Was thinking that since I already have TF, and if it does have SP, I might try it out again to see if I might eventually like this one.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
The first Titanfall didn't have much of a story mode at all. I've heard Titanfall 2 has an actual campaign, though.

Piroko

Jan 10, 2013
Single player from PCGH so far, they did have this note not sure if someone can do a real translation as google translate isn't very clear:
Yes:
Wie schon in Titanfall kommt auch in dessen Nachfolger eine überarbeitete Version der Source-Engine zum Einsatz. Diese wurde für Titanfall 2 selbstverständlich modernisiert, auffällig ist dabei nicht nur der generell deutlich gesteigerte Detailgrad, etwa bei der Vegetation, sondern auch die verbesserte Lighting: Titanfall 2 nutzt eine volumetrische und offenbar mit einem globalen Ansatz (eventuell Image Based Lighting) versehene Beleuchtung - eine sehr augenfällige Veränderung. Im Gegenzug ähnelt das Shadermodell stark dem Vorgänger und reagiert nicht physikalisch korrekt auf die unterschiedlichen Lichtverhältnisse. Somit wirkt Titanfall 2 etwas weniger glaubwürdig auf das menschliche Auge als manch anderer aktueller Titel. Gegenüber diesen fällt zudem die etwas flach wirkende und nicht immer hochauflösende Texturierung sowie das eifrige Level-of-Detail-System mit störend aufploppenden Objekten etwas negativ ins Auge.
Titanfall 2 uses a modernized Source Engine with a higher level of detail (vegetation) and volumetric lighting (probably global/image based?). The shader model is similar to the last game though and is not physically accurate. That's why Titanfall 2 is a bit less believable to the human eye than other current games. The rather flat textures with inconsistent resolution and an aggressive LOD do their part as well.
Trotz diesem Handicap ist den Designern eine durchaus schicke Optik gelungen. Für die Kantenglättung ist ebenfalls eine Neuerung an Bord: Neben dem in aktuellen Spielen mittlerweile selten gesehenen Multisample-Antialiasing kann die temporale Kantenglättung TSAA zugeschaltet werden. Im Spielverzeichnis findet sich außerdem die DLL-Datei für Nvidias TXAA aus den Gameworks-Programm; die Gameworks-DLL für HBAO+ und/oder VXAO liegt ebenfalls dort. Zuschalten lassen sich diese Effekte in unserer fast finalen Testversion aber noch nicht. Es steht folglich ein Patch aus, der diese Features freischalten wird, außerdem wurde uns von EA bis zum morgigen Tag noch ein AMD-spezifisches Update angekündigt.
It's still a good looking game, however. For AA modes the game offers MSAA and TSAA. The game folder also includes the DLLs neccessary for Nvidias TXAA, HBAO+ and/or VXAO, but you can't select these effects in the settings with their current build. They assume there will be at least one more patch (before release?). EA also promised an AMD specific update due tomorrow.

One more interesting tidbit:
Was die Auslastung des Grafikspeichers angeht, agiert Titanfall 2 recht verschwenderisch: Stehen die 12 GiByte einer (Geforce GTX) Titan X zur Verfügung, nutzt sie das Spiel, um im Laufe der Zeit große Datenmengen darin zu parken. Starteten wir bei unserem Anspielen in DCI-4K bei 3,8 GiByte, füllte sich der Framebuffer nach einer Stunde in der SP-Kampagne auf bis zu 7,9 GiByte. Das führt schnell zu der Fehlannahme, dass Titanfall 2 diese Menge an Grafikspeicher benötigt, um im Fluss zu bleiben. Wie sich bei den Grafikkarten-Benchmarks anschließend zeigte, ist der tatsächliche Bedarf wesentlich geringer als die Belegung auf üppig ausgestatteten Grafikkarten es suggeriert. Unseren Messungen zufolge sind 4 GiByte Grafikspeicher bis einschließlich UWQHD (3.440 × 1.440) ausreichend. Erst in Ultra HD kommt es hier und da zu Stockern, welche mit einer 6- oder 8-GiByte-Grafikkarte ausbleiben.
The game seems to slowly fill up all available vram (noticed after an hour of singleplayer gaming) but it doesn't need said vram. They tested resolutions up to DCI 4k (afaik 4096 x 2160) and 4GB is enough for up to 3440 x 1440.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
One more interesting tidbit:

The game seems to slowly fill up all available vram (noticed after an hour of singleplayer gaming) but it doesn't need said vram. They tested resolutions up to DCI 4k (afaik 4096 x 2160) and 4GB is enough for up to 3440 x 1440.

Thanks for the translation! :)

Thats great to hear, was looking forward to this game and running @ 3440x1440. UW support looks perfect too with HOR+ not VERT-.

Status
Not open for further replies.