Tipping and race - is there a correlation.......

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vood0g

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2004
Originally posted by: maziwanka
its not a race thing. its an income thing (not with tip percentage but with tippers vs stiffers).

edited: read some more of the thread

it's not an income thing nor is it a race thing. you will get rich people not tipping as well. like i said before, it's the way you're raised and it depends on the people you are with.

lordtyranus

Banned
Aug 23, 2004
I tip 5-10%, and I am indian.

Doesn't bother me. I bagged groceries for $6 an hour when I was 15 (don't think I ever got a tip, even once). If someone can give me a compelling reason why waiters/waitresses/pizza boys/whatever deserve more than that $6 I might tip more.

Given that they get $2.38 salary a $1 tip from 4 customers gives then $6.38. They don't deserve more.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: maziwanka
its not a race thing. its an income thing (not with tip percentage but with tippers vs stiffers).

edited: read some more of the thread

it's definately a racial thing

urban people are the worst

when i say urban, imean 99.9% of the people wearing fubu, ecko, rockafella (or whatever), shady, mad bling, whatever the fvck is on mtv

black, white, asian, mexican, whatever, if they're fvcking urban they have a tendency to stiff