Time to corral the MAGAts.(Paul Pelosi attack)

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I do...mean Nazi in the literal sense…

View attachment 72926
Mmmm not seeing the swastika and characteristic facial hair patterns… But yea, for all intents and purposes this slice of history is horrifically similar. Its just some people will pump the breakers when they hear the mnemonics of days past, the old troves of everything turning Hitler again again again.
So instead of calling Nazi, when in fact we see nazism, we should probably go into fascism and authoritarianism and detail how current events actually line up with pre Nazi Germany. Turn it into a history lesson, cause people surely, evidently, must have forgot.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I don't know what I find more shocking.. that the guy who violently attacked Paul Pelosi was a RWNJ, or that RWNJs spread lies about him being some kind of gay lover in order to defend the attack while smearing gay people.

/s
What is really shocking is that he hated Tom Hanks.
I mean, what sort of monster hates Tom Hanks?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Footage of the attack released today. Not going to link to it but just remind people how Republicans and Fox News mocked his attack and created conspiracies about it.

Truly evil human beings

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Footage of the attack released today. Not going to link to it but just remind people how Republicans and Fox News mocked his attack and created conspiracies about it.

Truly evil human beings
When it was announced the video would be released right wingers were already trying to cover their asses. Saw a lot of comments about how the video will be edited to remove anything bad and shit like that.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
When it was announced the video would be released right wingers were already trying to cover their asses. Saw a lot of comments about how the video will be edited to remove anything bad and shit like that.

Unfortunately for them we have the entire footage from the initial stop which was hostile at best

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Unfortunately for them we have the entire footage from the initial stop which was hostile at best

I think you're getting threads confused, this is the Paul Pelosi thread, not the Memphis cops who are killers thread.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think you're getting threads confused, this is the Paul Pelosi thread, not the Memphis cops who are killers thread.

Oops my bad

Heard Fox News is pushing g propaganda that there is no evidence attacker broke into Pelosi house. Said that while video of attack was playing

Please take their FCC License

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
These are the kind of things Republicans we’re saying after the attack

[media]

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Apparently the attacker David DePape called a tv station yesterday from jail and said he didn't want to jeopardize his case but then went on to explain that:

""I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad. I'm so sorry I didn't get more of them. It's my own fault. No one else is to blame. I should have come better prepared"

Yeah, that ought to help his defense. :rolleyes:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Apparently the attacker David DePape called a tv station yesterday from jail and said he didn't want to jeopardize his case but then went on to explain that:

""I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad. I'm so sorry I didn't get more of them. It's my own fault. No one else is to blame. I should have come better prepared"

Not surprised or shocked. Bet Fox doesn’t air this

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Not surprised or shocked. Bet Fox doesn’t air this

Actually Fox has an article about it but I don't see it on any other major news sites. Maybe they're trying to verify the call. Dunno.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

That is 100% the caveman dna talking.. he knows he should shut the fuck up but he cant help himself and continues to assrape his own case anyway. You fucked dude. LOL.

Reactions: hal2kilo and iRONic
Mar 11, 2004
That is 100% the caveman dna talking.. he knows he should shut the fuck up but he cant help himself and continues to assrape his own case anyway. You fucked dude. LOL.

No clue where you're getting its caveman dna as that's not how cavemen think.

Its the mindset of modern right wingers raised on religion (even if they don't practice, their entire political apparatus is built on the exact same ideology and language). He knows he did awful stuff, and he's sorry, but he's just as sorry he didn't hurt more liberals since he was only bad because liberals made him have to be bad, and therefore its just a shame he didn't do more bad things to liberals.

Actually Fox has an article about it but I don't see it on any other major news sites. Maybe they're trying to verify the call. Dunno.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference between Fox having an article about it vs airing it. Which, maybe at the time they were the only ones but multiple places have articles about it. If anything it seems to be Fox framing it as support of right wingers being tough on crime (despite the ample evidence of Republican politicians gloating about it and cracking jokes). Other places were focused on the new video release I think. Plus the local station is a Fox affiliate and we also know how Sinclair has been have been working to corral local news, so its likely that Fox got earlier access to it to begin with.

I don't think he is. There was new video released.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
So is JFK but that didn't stop the Q crowd from waiting for him in Dealey Plaza for like a year. They are not ones to let little things like logical consistency get in the way for a good conspiracy!
JFK Jr. Not JFK. JFK would have been over 100 years old by then.

Reactions: hal2kilo

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
What I thought was interesting is he said his radicalization was started by Gamergate.

So apparently it WASN'T about ethics in gaming journalism after all. Who could have guessed.

- I never really went on a deep dive of Gamergate despite hearing it tossed around quite a bit, so I finally did and holy shit.

People need to chill the fuck out and go touch some grass