Thug crazy woman threatened President Obama and Mayor Bloomberg

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I did read about Ruby Ridge once, and of course, because an absolute atrocity took place once that must mean that it happens each time a gun controversy comes up...?

I would think that even in as effed-up, authoritarian society as the US, that would not happen, and that RR was an exception and not the rule.

In any case, wouldn't a sane person rather say something along the lines of, "I protest this, take my guns if you absolutely have to, just don't harm my family."

Putting the value of guns above that of your family = sick and deranged in the head.

You can get new guns if necessary, why on earth risk the safety of your loved (you'd hope, anyway) ones over nothing more than a piece of metal? Holy crab, I just can't grok that mind-set.

RR was a disaster from the start. The firefight started as mistaken identity, iirc they initially thought the atf were armed robbers.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Hillary_Clinton_2016_president_bid_confirmed_zpsa34ed40e.jpg

IBMer

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2000
If only people living in real totalitarianism regimes could read this thread and laugh at people calling Bloomberg totalitarian and evil.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
If only people living in real totalitarianism regimes could read this thread and laugh at people calling Bloomberg totalitarian and evil.

what does that have anything to do with Bloomberg?

Ahh, so your saying what anti gun nuttter Bloomberg is doing is ok, because its worse somewhere else.

Using that logic, gays in America should be happen, because somewhere else they are killed for being gay.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Sending "ricin" is "over the top?" Over the top is saying something offensive. Sending poison in the mail is a heinous criminal act, but its merely "over the top" because you hate the person he targeted? The ricin could have killed someone else. The person who sent it doesn't know for sure what happens after he sends poison in the mail. There is no way to mitigate or excuse what he did. I'm perplexed why there has to be any qualifier to your condemnation of this, regardless of how you feel about Obama. If Bush was the target, I would have had no problem simply condemning the act without qualification.

And since Hayabusa's comment was less extreme than most of you others, I have to wonder what is wrong with you people?

I said it was way over the top. Perhaps you aren't as informed and objective as you believe.
http://touch.latimes.com/#story/la-na-ricin-threat-20130602/

The facts of the case indicate that the "ricin" may very well have been ground up castor beans. This was an attempt to scare, not kill. It's still serious, it still merits legal action. It does not warrant hysteria or a witch hunt.

Jul 10, 2007
Why? Because he took away the Big Gulp? Because he raised taxes on cigs?

Have you even ever lived in NYC or seen how much better the city is under his management? Next time you are there, take a wiff of that bus going by. You'll smell nothing but the rotting garbage on the sidewalk, that's because he cleaned the busses up.

Calling Bloomberg "evil" is just silly. The guy is trying to do his part. If the citizens of NY want to fight against that they can sue him, like they are doing, and have the law overturned.

That's how our Republic works. Checks and balances.

People like you must have skipped that chapter and went straight to "gimma mah gunz!"

BTW - I am all for gun carrying rights, provided there are good, nationwide, background checks. I think he is 100% wrong on that and hopefully it'll get overturned.

BS.
guiliani turned the city around, not bloomberg.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
]

The facts of the case indicate that the "ricin" may very well have been ground up castor beans. This was an attempt to scare, not kill. It's still serious, it still merits legal action. It does not warrant hysteria or a witch hunt.

It was crudely made Ricin. Can you stop making excuses for what happened, please?

Someone TRIED to make Ricin and made a shitty batch. There is no excusing or downplaying that.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It was crudely made Ricin. Can you stop making excuses for what happened, please?

Someone TRIED to make Ricin and made a shitty batch. There is no excusing or downplaying that.

He might have been trying to make a shitty nuke or aa rocket to Mars. If you read the article not a single person has EVER been harmed by letters. The quality was so poor that it might hsve been beans. Now you can ignore the article and go with your interpretation, but it does not alter facts. As I've said it ought to be pursued without doubt. It's about fear and you bought into it. Read then call up the LATimes and complain how they are making excuses.

Last edited:

IBMer

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2000
what does that have anything to do with Bloomberg?

Ahh, so your saying what anti gun nuttter Bloomberg is doing is ok, because its worse somewhere else.

Using that logic, gays in America should be happen, because somewhere else they are killed for being gay.

No your jump in logic is silly. The simple fact is that people are speaking in tone and words that are way beyond what is actually done and actually distracts from it. Calling someone evil for having a misguided agenda for what he thinks will make his city a better place is silly. Calling him totalitarian when obvious checks and balances are in place is also silly. But go ahead and keep using that silly discourse because its causing people like you to become even more fringe and irrelevant.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'm very pro gun rights, but gun rights supporters sure as hell don't make it easy.

Cause idiots have to make it harder on everyone else... and not just when it comes to guns... however, it's easier for idiots to make it extremely hard considering what a gun does.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
I guess this is what you get with right wing fueled hysterical rhetoric along with 2nd amendment remedies.

Or, ya know, with a crazy-assed soon to be ex-wife. Guess you'll have to re-think your theory about who to blame. :rolleyes:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I don't think self ownage quite fits, as the title was a reasonable assumption at the time. A mod should require title revision now, however, since he knows it is a lie.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
I don't think self ownage quite fits, as the title was a reasonable assumption at the time. A mod should require title revision now, however, since he knows it is a lie.

Homer is willfully deceitful. Remember this gem?:

Margaret Thacher will not meet with Sarah Palin because "she's nuts"

To any new folks on the forum, read that thread for a better understanding of Homer (and a few laughs).

Edit: Almost forgot about this Homer thread:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2264808

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

To any new folks on the forum, read that thread for a better understanding of Homer (and a few laughs).

I read the links and one thing i'd like to say as one of the resident horse's ass/troll in the forum I sure like the way that Admin Allisolm has handled P&N. Does a great even handed job.
As for Homer........ we all screw up from time to time, it's just par for the course.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that this time he posted an over-the-top headline for partisan purposes which was a reasonable assumption at the time.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I go away for 3 days and you guys rubbed one out to my first incorrect thread. Good assumption at the time. Since when did "thug" all of a sudden become so provocative around here??