Thug crazy woman threatened President Obama and Mayor Bloomberg

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Bloomberg is scum, authoritarian, hostile to freedom, one of those people who wants to substitute his judgement of what is good for you for yours. That still doesn't excuse someone trying to hurt or kill him, whoever is responsible should be caught and punished under the law.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I'm very pro gun rights, but gun rights supporters sure as hell don't make it easy.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
We got some nutters out there. Can't say i'm surprised. I think libs go after guns only because its the best way to kick their opponents in the groin. Has nothing to do with public safety. Gimme a break.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
OK, sending ricin is way over the top and there is no defending it. There is also no way that these letters were ever going to get to either party since everything is checked, so while the attempt wrong it was doomed from the start.

Unfortunately death threats are part of what comes with the job. Clinton, Bush, Obama all have to put up with potential threats. Not right, but when you have a highly visible position it's going to happen.

I want to see both gone, but not like this. Obama is done after this term and the best way to oppose a return of someone like him is to front a decent candidate. Bloomberg? He's the Sheriff to Cuomo's Prince John. That's NY and there's no hope for us. The political machine crushes all which opposes it. I'm still not coming out shootin' but I will be movin' when the time is right.

Sending "ricin" is "over the top?" Over the top is saying something offensive. Sending poison in the mail is a heinous criminal act, but its merely "over the top" because you hate the person he targeted? The ricin could have killed someone else. The person who sent it doesn't know for sure what happens after he sends poison in the mail. There is no way to mitigate or excuse what he did. I'm perplexed why there has to be any qualifier to your condemnation of this, regardless of how you feel about Obama. If Bush was the target, I would have had no problem simply condemning the act without qualification.

And since Hayabusa's comment was less extreme than most of you others, I have to wonder what is wrong with you people?

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
OK, sending ricin is way over the top and there is no defending it. There is also no way that these letters were ever going to get to either party since everything is checked, so while the attempt wrong it was doomed from the start.

These letters were stopped because they were intercepted by people....people who could be affected by the Ricin letters that will probably never get to their actual destination.

Being exposed to Ricin is dangerous.

The workers who intercepted the Bloomberg letter were treated for symptoms.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I'm very pro gun rights, but gun rights supporters sure as hell don't make it easy.

Yeah, this is my constant quandary. I agree with almost every aspect of the pro gun position, but these people are fucking scary and they're steadily providing reasons why they shouldn't be owning firearms.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Yeah, this is my constant quandary. I agree with almost every aspect of the pro gun position, but these people are fucking scary and they're steadily providing reasons why they shouldn't be owning firearms.

I agree, it should be obvious that the person has serious mental issues.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I agree, it should be obvious that the person has serious mental issues.

I'm actually less bothered by "the guy" in the sense that I think he's a lunatic and obviously he'll be put away, than I am about the people who can't find it in them to condemn the act without raging about their hatred of who he targeted. Half the people in this thread remind me of Muslims who can't seem to condemn jihadist terrorism without making excuses for it. In fact, the parallel is so close it's eerie.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
These letters were stopped because they were intercepted by people....people who could be affected by the Ricin letters that will probably never get to their actual destination.

Being exposed to Ricin is dangerous.

The workers who intercepted the Bloomberg letter were treated for symptoms.

That's very true. I'm not saying that no one could be harmed. What I meant is that neither intended targets were not in real danger. That does not mean that whoever did this should not be caught and punished, my apparently insufficient wording notwithstanding.

ElMonoDelMar

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2004
George Washington was a terrorist. Just saying...

This ricin guy is more like Bin Laden than Washington.

Half the people in this thread remind me of Muslims who can't seem to condemn jihadist terrorism without making excuses for it. In fact, the parallel is so close it's eerie.

tumblr_lvpavvOIu11r69earo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
The letter to Bloomberg was sent (postmarked) from Shreveport, LA (but does not mean the sender(s) is from that area). Not too far from here.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I don't care who it was sent to, anyone who condones this behavior is no better then the people sending the letters to begin with.

BlueWolf47

Apr 22, 2005
If i had a time machine and could go back in time to stop one event from happening it would be a toss up between stopping Hitler or giving Incorruptible's mother Plan B.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'm surprised the government even let Breaking Bad air, and now they almost paid the price.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Gun Nutter said:
You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns.
...Why on earth would anyone want to kill his family? Is he seriously going to put his wife and kid(s) up as human shields in front of his guns? It's sad indeed when someone's so sick in the head that they value a hunk of dead, unfeeling, unloving iron above that of their own flesh and blood.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Ricin laced letter also sent to the head of Bloomberg's group Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

Person of interest has been found and is being questioned.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...inated-bloomberg-letters-secret-service-says/

I guess this is what you get with right wing fueled hysterical rhetoric along with 2nd amendment remedies.

There are plenty left leaning folks who feel just as passionately about the 2nd... but go ahead and assume this person of interest is a right winger.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
...Why on earth would anyone want to kill his family? Is he seriously going to put his wife and kid(s) up as human shields in front of his guns? It's sad indeed when someone's so sick in the head that they value a hunk of dead, unfeeling, unloving iron above that of their own flesh and blood.

Apparently you're not familiar with Ruby Ridge. FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi shot and killed an unarmed Vicki Weaver while she held her 10 month old daughter. This was shortly after US Marshalls killed Sammy Weaver, 14 years old. This all took place before any demands for surrender were made, or any FBI negotiators were on the scene.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
I did read about Ruby Ridge once, and of course, because an absolute atrocity took place once that must mean that it happens each time a gun controversy comes up...?

I would think that even in as effed-up, authoritarian society as the US, that would not happen, and that RR was an exception and not the rule.

In any case, wouldn't a sane person rather say something along the lines of, "I protest this, take my guns if you absolutely have to, just don't harm my family."

Putting the value of guns above that of your family = sick and deranged in the head.

You can get new guns if necessary, why on earth risk the safety of your loved (you'd hope, anyway) ones over nothing more than a piece of metal? Holy crab, I just can't grok that mind-set.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I did read about Ruby Ridge once, and of course, because an absolute atrocity took place once that must mean that it happens each time a gun controversy comes up...?

I would think that even in as effed-up, authoritarian society as the US, that would not happen, and that RR was an exception and not the rule.

In any case, wouldn't a sane person rather say something along the lines of, "I protest this, take my guns if you absolutely have to, just don't harm my family."

Putting the value of guns above that of your family = sick and deranged in the head.

You can get new guns if necessary, why on earth risk the safety of your loved (you'd hope, anyway) ones over nothing more than a piece of metal? Holy crab, I just can't grok that mind-set.

The powerlessness that accompanies the loss of your ability to defend your family is a big fear for some people.