This is why you are hated Christians / Catholics

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
heh, why not, too many free thinkers with no fear of God. We human are getting way out of line.

Free thinking- That's an interesting concept. Thinking that being free from God does not make you one, nor is the reverse true. When you make the effort to overcome yourself you have begun. That is always the challenge, to rise above the self.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The girl was 9 years old, so would it even be possible for her to successfully carry those twins to term? The article indicates that the abortion was performed in order to safe the life of the girl, but is short on detail as to specifically why this was the case. My opinion is that it's possible that the Church was right to do what they did (it's also possible that it wasn't, particularly if the twins had zero possibility of survival).

On the other hand, I am not a Catholic, nor even a Christian, and I think that the Church's position (even if "right" per their dogma) is disgusting. The Catholic Church, IMO, is an organization that is far more concerned with itself than it is with actually practicing the ideals that Jesus taught. Fuck them.

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Please speak for yourself HAL! I for one dont hate Christians/Catholics.

How much more do you want him to speak for himself? He said, "I think these people are morons." Who the hell does that pronoun I stand for but Hal speaking for Hal. He stated a personal opinion and he stated it as an opinion, not that Christians or Catholics are factually morons but that he thinks they are.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
bashing millions of people based on their religion makes you no better than those "morons"

Depends on if what the people in that religion are saying about this.

If they think that the girl is a bigger sinner than the rapist then fuck them as well.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
The article does point out that not all catholics or christians agree with this decision. So i also dont see why you would judge everyone based off of an individual. Its like me saying all arabs are terrorists because the cia knows of one who is.

I didn't say all christians... Don't put words in my mouth.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
The girl was 9 years old, so would it even be possible for her to successfully carry those twins to term? The article indicates that the abortion was performed in order to safe the life of the girl, but is short on detail as to specifically why this was the case. My opinion is that it's possible that the Church was right to do what they did (it's also possible that it wasn't, particularly if the twins had zero possibility of survival).

On the other hand, I am not a Catholic, nor even a Christian, and I think that the Church's position (even if "right" per their dogma) is disgusting. The Catholic Church, IMO, is an organization that is far more concerned with itself than it is with actually practicing the ideals that Jesus taught. Fuck them.

I agree completely.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
It feels good to be hated

Are you saying people hate you because of your beliefs? That is not the case at all. People hate your beliefs because they were warped thousands of years ago when they were created and are downright anti-people in this day and age. For a church to condemn a 9 year old rape victim for getting an abortion, even if it DIDN'T risk her life, is an abomination.

God is shaking his head and weeping for this little girl.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
Are you saying people hate you because of your beliefs? That is not the case at all. People hate your beliefs because they were warped thousands of years ago when they were created and are downright anti-people in this day and age. For a church to condemn a 9 year old rape victim for getting an abortion, even if it DIDN'T risk her life, is an abomination.

God is shaking his head and weeping for this little girl.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
you said:

I haven't judged everyone based off an individual. Don't put words in my mouth.
"you" as a general reference to all the posters in general. Sometimes "you" is used in a very generic sense. Stuff like that can be hard to tell when writing on an internet board. But to make it very clearly "I see that you dont hate all Christians and anything that suggests that i think you do, i take it back" All right, no hard feelings. And I agree that this would and does give Christians a bad name.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
"you" as a general reference to all the posters in general. Sometimes "you" is used in a very generic sense. Stuff like that can be hard to tell when writing on an internet board. But to make it very clearly "I see that you dont hate all Christians and anything that suggests that i think you do, i take it back" All right, no hard feelings. And I agree that this would and does give Christians a bad name.

:thumbsup:

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
There are many Catholics (myself included!) who are looking at the response from the Vatican and wondering wtf they were thinking on this one. We aren't all anti-abortion zealots, but you wouldn't know it from the statements of an increasingly conservative clergy. If the church really wanted to be 'pro-life' here, they would accept her family back with open arms, ensure that the abuser of the girl were prosecuted, and care for the immediate emotional and tangible needs of the family. But no, they choose to fight the 'culture wars'. /facepalm

And HAL, Catholics do distinguish themselves from protestants, but they most certainly always categorize themselves as Christians.

Nov 30, 2006
So this is why Christians are so hated? Me thinks Darwin got it all wrong...we're not evolving, we're devolving.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
I'm not sure if Catholics and/or Christians really care if HAL and/or other anti religion people like them or not. You know, those who typically are anti religion are going to dislike religious people (they are stupid backwards hicks) and their dogma (it's so 2000 years ago.) It comes with the territory, and not the first, nor last time it's going to be said or heard.

That said, as a Catholic, I think in this case, the church went overboard and I do not support what was done.