this is really hard to watch: 4 Gaza kids on a beach killed by Israeli gunboat

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Still deflecting..?.

They send rockets inside their property that was stolen by the zionists who are using "civilians" as human shields by the way.

What was he deflecting? The previous commentator made the claim that what is happening between Israel and the Palestinians is the exact same situation as the U.S./Mexico border. When in fact the two situations are nothing alike.

Last edited:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
What was he deflecting? The previous commentator made the claim that what is happening between Israel and the Palestinians is the exact same situation as the U.S./Mexico border. When in fact the two situations are nothing alike.

i say they would become just like that situation in a matter of time... it's almost the same.

some people used to lay claim to some land, until they were conquered and beaten back to current sovereign lines... that could be the Palestinians, or the Mexicans... remember the Alamo? i mean right now, if you haven't noticed it's kinda "on the cool," that they can more or less, come and go, and do business in the states....imagine if all of a sudden it was an apartheid scenario in the border cities...

remember that the entirety of what makes up most of the South, used to be Mexico?

that's alot of the thinking that goes in the heads of those people emigrating from Mexico and more southern countries...

if you can't see the parallels, then wow... talk about narrow sighted.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011

Of course, that s what i was pointing, he used a completely differenyt case
whose similarity is only in his imagination.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
you don't need to go into hypotheticals in order to find a similar situation.
not too long ago, the USA invaded not one - but three countries - and toppled their regime under the pretense of removing a extremist/fundamentalist dictator/regime/organization
1) Saddam Hussein in Iraq
2) Taliban in Afghanistan
3) Muamar Qaddafi in Libya

(side note, i'm still waiting for the 4th - Bashar Assad in Syria)

all those regimes were the recognized rulers of their country in some form (elected, appointed, inherited) and all were removed from power, while causing the death of thousands of civilians, with the blessing of the international community. but Israel engages a usurping terrorist organization, in self defense, on a piece of land that is not even a country and gets condemned left and right (although i admit this time around the world leaders lean more towards israel's side).

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
M96u62P.jpg