The world versus 40 Republican Senators: climate change

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
So, the world's scientists alerted the leaders to the cimate change threat. After years from the first attempt to do something about it, the Kyoto protocal, the world got together for another try in Copenhagen.

You had the world's countries - the devloping countries, the regions, Eruope Asia and the US, China and others, all trying to work out a plan for the good of makind.

There were many conflicts - each looking out for their own interestsm coalitions of developing against coalitions of advanced.

And slowly they worked out issue after issue, and a plan began to gel for the human race.

One nation had a special role - as the world's largest per-capita polluter, and the dominant user of resources and the biggest economy, it was required for the plans to work.

After years of being completely stalled while the Republicans held the White House, a new leadership was in power who had spoken the right thigs about what it wouild like to do.

So, what happened? Read the link below. But here's a taste.

Why has President Obama been so unwilling to match his lofty words with concrete deeds?

One major reason is the U.S. Senate. Mr. Obama needs 60 of the 100 Senate votes to get climate policy - or any other measure, like health care. This means that the 40 Republican senators joined by a single Democrat or independent can block any measure.

Mr. Obama isn't delivering because he can't deliver. The majorities needed for major policy changes are too high a threshold, even for someone with Mr. Obama's political gifts.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/14-5

And so, a small majority of Americans, who are semi-literate and vote for these mosntrous sellouts, have blocked the world from dealing with a crisis, crippling their president to trying to sell ridiculous positions.

This party has broken the system of American politics to abuse the rules so that 40 is the new fifty, and this party who lost so badly is united to block virtually anything, the most filibusters ever. taking control of the government no matter what the House, the President, and a majority of their fellow Senators want. And they have done so not for a grand motive, but for the worst motives - the political advantage of preventing the other party fro getting anything done for the people, and to serve the corrupt interests they have sold out to.

What a scandal of evil now effecting the whole world.

"R", the new "W" for global political disaster.

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Those 40 senators are the heroes. They stand united and are essentially the last line of defense to protect the US from liberal stupidity and idiot policies and legislation. I definitely don't like all those 40 senators, but if they stand united and do what they can to slow down this idiot train wreck, then I applaud them.

Come November, they'll get some reinforcements, and hopefully they can derail the Pelosi/Reid/Obama train that's driving towards ruin.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I don't know about those 40 but the climate change has been freezing my ass off in S.C. for the last 3 weeks. In the teens at night. What gives, I thought I lived in the south.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Didn't Australia just shoot down their Global Warming/Cap & Trade bill? There's no way China is going to comply, Putin is more worried about Global Cooling, and how is the UK's cap and trade working out?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I don't know about those 40 but the climate change has been freezing my ass off in S.C. for the last 3 weeks. In the teens at night. What gives, I thought I lived in the south.

Discussing the global climate by talking about the temperature in your city is like discussing the national economy by discussng what your raise was this year. Meaningless.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Those 40 senators are the heroes. They stand united and are essentially the last line of defense to protect the US from liberal stupidity and idiot policies and legislation. I definitely don't like all those 40 senators, but if they stand united and do what they can to slow down this idiot train wreck, then I applaud them.

Come November, they'll get some reinforcements, and hopefully they can derail the Pelosi/Reid/Obama train that's driving towards ruin.

Yes, there's always a perverse idiot ideologue. Always good to hear your completely predictable parroting.

We should indeed do nothing and have humanity suffer massively in coming decades. Good going.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yes, there's always a perverse idiot ideologue. Always good to hear your completely predictable parroting.

We should indeed do nothing and have humanity suffer massively in coming decades. Good going.

Yeah, "suffers massively".. based on those oh-so-accurate long term predictions of the weather. Just like those predictions we'd run out of oil in the 80's...err.... 90's...err... 00'... err.... The whole MMGW stuff has become way more of a religion and much less an issue of science. It's a dream for liberals who want to use it to push big government "solutions" to problems that don't exist.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yeah, "suffers massively".. based on those oh-so-accurate long term predictions of the weather. Just like those predictions we'd run out of oil in the 80's...err.... 90's...err... 00'... err.... The whole MMGW stuff has become way more of a religion and much less an issue of science. It's a dream for liberals who want to use it to push big government "solutions" to problems that don't exist.

You're a parrot, not a poster. You have no rational process occuring.

You're one of the dangerous idiots who says 'ok, so I was wrong'.

Like any similar idiot - one who starts a grud addiction, one who drives drunk, one who steals, and so on, you aren't thinking, you have no idea what you're doing.

All you can do is say 'sorry' later, but you do bad in the meantime.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm all for curbing our impact on the environment but even if the US is (to put it nicely) stubborn on the subject we can't be blamed for the rest of the world following us.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I'm all for curbing our impact on the environment but even if the US is (to put it nicely) stubborn on the subject we can't be blamed for the rest of the world following us.

I don't understnad your post. The world says "we'll do our share". The US says "we'll piss on your leg and you tell you it's raining." The world says, no deal. You say, the US can't be blamed?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
You're a parrot, not a poster. You have no rational process occuring.

You're one of the dangerous idiots who says 'ok, so I was wrong'.

Like any similar idiot - one who starts a grud addiction, one who drives drunk, one who steals, and so on, you aren't thinking, you have no idea what you're doing.

All you can do is say 'sorry' later, but you do bad in the meantime.

What the heck is that drivel? If people want to make massive changes that will have far reaching impact on everyone, changes that will drastically increase government size and waste, the onus is on them to demonstrate why such terrible steps are absolutely critical. They haven't done that, not in the least. All they've done is demonstrated their faith in the greeny/government religion.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
EXACTLY! Sorry dude, this thred is pure FAIL.......

Would the idiocy of your post pointed out simply, or is there hope for you where you can have a discussion? I know the 98% chance answer, but I ask. Start with specifics, if you are able.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

Yep, if the rest of the world wants to follow Kyoto/Copehagen/whatever, we aren't stopping them.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
What the heck is that drivel? If people want to make massive changes that will have far reaching impact on everyone, changes that will drastically increase government size and waste, the onus is on them to demonstrate why such terrible steps are absolutely critical. They haven't done that, not in the least. All they've done is demonstrated their faith in the greeny/government religion.

Keep up your ignorant fight. You have no rational thinking to engage, it's like arguing with a pamphlet.

EndGame

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2002
Would the idiocy of your post pointed out simply, or is there hope for you where you can have a discussion? I know the 98% chance answer, but I ask. Start with specifics, if you are able.

Look, you can be as condesending as you want.......won't bother me in the least because you're just like the majority of them......all full of attack/scare tactics but when asked to prove the facts.....you refuse and resort to personal attacks.

I have done a good bit of research and agree with cutting pollution wherever/whenever possible but people like you go over the top! You're like the terrorists of Climate Change! LOL!

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Didn't Australia just shoot down their Global Warming/Cap & Trade bill? There's no way China is going to comply, Putin is more worried about Global Cooling, and how is the UK's cap and trade working out?

Not sure about the UK itself.... but the EU cap and trade system was defrauded various EU governments of about $7 billion.

mav451

Jan 31, 2006
...I can't believe it's come down to calling climate change proponents terrorists. Seriously?

EndGame

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2002
...I can't believe it's come down to calling climate change proponents terrorists. Seriously?

There are radical extremists in nearly every cause or belief these days. If their actions warrant the title, so be it!

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Not sure about the UK itself.... but the EU cap and trade system was defrauded various EU governments of about $7 billion.

That's it. In my morning fog I couldn't remember if it was the UK or EU.