The Walking Dead Season 3... SUNDAY NIGHT!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrokenVisage, Oct 14, 2012.

1. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

no kidding. i honestly thought this was going to be an OK show when i saw the first few episodes of the first season. i also thought it would turn into a normal zombie show, with tons of dumb circumstances and mindless violence.

now its season 3 and show 4, and its by far at its best yet. im getting sucked in, and thats very hard for me to do on a tv show. not everything about this show is believable, but most of it is. definitely far exceeding my expectations!

2. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

i wouldnt be surprised that was the peak of the entire series. i was completely immersed at those scenes! im still feelin it... just awesome!

3. Triumph

Triumph Lifer

uh, if you say so.

4. Wingznut

Wingznut Elite Member

Yeah, in at least one scene (of Lori scolding Shane), it was made quite clear that she didn't do anything with Shane until she believed that Rick was dead. And she was never quite sure if Shane really believed Rick was dead, or if he just said that to get with Lori. (Of course, Shane did believe Rick was a goner... But Lori was never sure of that.)

5. olds

olds Elite Member

:eek:

6. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Heh, when Oscar shot the dude and turned his gun over to Rick while giving that intense look my bro and I both said at the exact same time: "T-Dog 2.0!"

7. pontifex

pontifex Lifer

it seemed to me the deer was already dead. it's guts were all hanging out. i assumed it was a zombie kill, although how a zombie can sneak up on a deet is beyond me.

8. ViviTheMage

ViviTheMage Lifer

So glad she's gone, I have never liked her as an actress. Will be curious to see rick's freak out/rampage episode, then to see the characters grow a little more.

9. God Mode

God Mode Platinum Member

I want to see more creative ways the group kills zombies. Piano wire clothesline with 2 cars etc.

10. SMOGZINN

SMOGZINN Diamond Member

It couldn't have been more then 3 days, or Rick would have died of dehydration. In the flashback we see in the opening of one of the CDC episodes we see the hospital being overrun by zombies and Shane trying to get Rick out. In the end he gives up and decides to save himself and barricades Rick in a room exactly how we find him when he wakes up.

11. CVSiN

CVSiN Diamond Member

of course I read TV reviews on episodes. especially big ones like TWD.

and I read at least 10. all over the web.
    critics are calling it the best episode of the series so far.

12. diesbudt

diesbudt Diamond Member

If the hunt is 1 on 1, you would be right. But if a zombie startles a deer and it starts running, making noise, a few more will be attracted, and could get caught by one that the deer happens to be running by, from being startled on first one.

People tend to forget zombies strengths is not speed, power, or logic. But sheer numbers.

13. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Also it's entirely feasible a zombie stumbles upon an injured/sick/etc. deer (it happens in the wild) and enjoys a happy meal.

14. BladeVenom

BladeVenom Lifer

Deer have to sleep. They can also get stuck in fences.

I imagine zombies are pretty poor at catching deer, but numbers and time mean they will get a few. So while it's a lucky coincidence, I think it's still believable.

15. Wingznut

Wingznut Elite Member

He did have an IV in him... Not sure how long that would stave off dehydration.

16. CVSiN

CVSiN Diamond Member

it was bone dry for days.. dunno how he survived.. a IV drip will only last 8-12 hours usually less.

17. Rakewell

Rakewell Platinum Member

I'm probably totally wrong here

But what if Carl didn't actually shoot Lori?

We only heard the gunshot

18. Triumph

Triumph Lifer

That's what I recall. But in the first episode when he wakes up, the flowers on the bed stand next to him are dead and dry. I don't know much about flowers but I don't think they die in 3 days, do they? Either way, when he came out of the hospital it looked like everything had calmed down a few weeks ago.

19. Phoenix86

Phoenix86 Lifer

Well if he didn't she's going to bleed out and come back a zombie.

20. kinev

kinev Golden Member

I though the exact same thing and was about to post it.

They're building Carl up as such a bad-ass; how cool would it be if zombie Lori shows up and shows that Carl couldn't do it? Not that I blame him, but I think that would be a good season finale reveal.

21. Newbian

Newbian Lifer

I am going to guess they will be burying her next episode and they will be able to tell if he shot her in the brain.

22. rockyct

rockyct Diamond Member

I've always had this thought in the back of my mind that Rick has some mutation of the zombie virus that allows him to not only reanimate, but also to restore the rest of the body as well. A modern day Lazarus if you will.

23. Triumph

Triumph Lifer

Resistant to zombie virus, I can see adding that to the show. But making people super human? That's when I bail.

24. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Golden Member

I think he shot her. He's manning up. But it would be great (sickly and comically) if she ate her own baby.

25. Pheran

Pheran Diamond Member

If it's any consolation, there's no evidence for rocky's idea in the comic - in fact there's some evidence against it (which would be a possible upcoming spoiler for the show).