"The rape thing"

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Sometimes I wish we could abort religion and the GOP in one fell swoop.

Women could finally stop worrying about their right to choose, gays could marry openly everywhere, and the world would be a better place in general.

Ya, and the taxpayers would pay for whores to kill their kids and gays to live out the rest of their lives STD riddled.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Ya, and the taxpayers would pay for whores to kill their kids and gays to live out the rest of their lives STD riddled.

So you are saying you want to kill gay people then, and you think all women are whores. Typical rightwinger actually.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I was just struck by the irony of the GOP attempting to pass laws that required transvaginal probes before a woman could legally get an abortion. Apparently the abortion itself is violence visited upon a woman's body, but sticking a cold plastic rod up there is not only acceptable, it's mandatory.

Why is the GOP so interested in turning women into broodmares?

It's religion-based sexual morality. If the woman consented to sex (and presumably enjoyed it), she must suffer the consequences of her consent and be forced to raise a child or give it up for adoption. If she did not consent (and thus presumably did not enjoy it), then the life of the potential child is no longer important and she is free to abort it.

Even though there is no difference biologically.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So you are saying you want to kill gay people then, and you think all women are whores. Typical rightwinger actually.

If you get money/goods/etc for having sex you are a whore. Which is pretty much how liberals treat women.

And considering that 1/5 gay men has HIV they are doing a pretty good job of killing themselves.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It's religion-based sexual morality. If the woman consented to sex (and presumably enjoyed it), she must suffer the consequences of her consent and be forced to raise a child or give it up for adoption. If she did not consent (and thus presumably did not enjoy it), then the life of the potential child is no longer important and she is free to abort it.

Even though there is no difference biologically.

This is EXACTLY how liberals think men should be treated.

mvbighead

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2009
Without going to the trouble of researching, I'm pretty sure in most cases the burden of proof is on the woman to prove she's been raped.

I simply can't agree that we should allow a choice which necessarily deprives an innocent, much less an innocent child, and much less again one's own innocent child, of his or her life.

This is where I disagree.

Take a woman who has just gone through the most traumatic experience of her life (and largely one of the most traumatic experiences anyone could ever go through), and then make her jump through hoops to get rid of the pregnancy that resulted from it.

So what happens when a woman cannot prove she's been raped? What happens when they deny her an abortion because she can't prove it? What happens after all of that, and she starts seeking less than good options to rid herself of the pregnancy (be it drugs or a half baked "doctor")?

You cannot force someone to justify their reason for an abortion. It is already a difficult enough process. Making them jump through that kind of a hoop is only going to cause them more pain and suffering.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
If you get money/goods/etc for having sex you are a whore. Which is pretty much how liberals treat women.

And considering that 1/5 gay men has HIV they are doing a pretty good job of killing themselves.

Its funny how you have the same reasoning towards women as a angsty 14 year old who didn't get invited to a dance.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I haven't seen any effective attacks demonizing the Democrats over abortion. The ones I have seen have been dismissed out of hand even by other Republicans. The worst was when my University's Pro-Life Vanguard chapter decided to put up huge (think 6 feet x 4 feet) posters filled with pictures of aborted fetuses on the campus green. Created some buzz around campus, and even some ardently pro-life Republicans I knew criticized it as going too far.

On the flip side, I've lost track of the amount of attacks on Republicans where supporting even the slightest limits on abortion makes one a religious nut, hillbilly, obsolete, morally bankrupt, pro-rapist, and a lot of other stupidly mean words.

In terms of attacks over abortion, I'd say the Democrats are treated far more fairly than Republicans.

You're so full of shit it's not funny.....