The Pew Pew Thread

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Look fuck knuckle, you ain't got nothing to facinate anyone! All you got is parading your guns around like they are some god damn holy artifact...and before you or anyone even tries to paint me as something I am not, I do own guns, support 2A (the real meaning not the fucked up bullshit it's been turned into by partisan hacks and corrupt courts cheered on my giant ignorant low T dickless dumbfucks). I despise fucking poser losers who think the gun protects them, who think they are better by having one. Those clowns do nothing but gleefully delight in waving around their penis substitutes and never ever do a god damned thing about gun violence in my country that I wore the uniform for. I know a loser balless motherfucker when I see one. Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up until you can learn to not worship your fetish!

I’ll paint you as something you clearly are: a fucking asshole.

You don’t know anything, you make assumptions that are completely false and sit there behind your keyboard like the coward that you are.

Good luck with your miserable life fuckhead.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Yes I’m generalizing, but if it quacks like a duck. But I bet the gun nutters here would be like the people that was on the discord chat the killer had before the shooting. Totally ignore or sadly even root on his plan. Like having guns more important than all the lives affected by them over the hideous history of 2A. Total ban on guns is the only option like the rest of the civilized world.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Look fuck knuckle, you ain't got nothing to facinate anyone! All you got is parading your guns around like they are some god damn holy artifact...and before you or anyone even tries to paint me as something I am not, I do own guns, support 2A (the real meaning not the fucked up bullshit it's been turned into by partisan hacks and corrupt courts cheered on my giant ignorant low T dickless dumbfucks). I despise fucking poser losers who think the gun protects them, who think they are better by having one. Those clowns do nothing but gleefully delight in waving around their penis substitutes and never ever do a god damned thing about gun violence in my country that I wore the uniform for. I know a loser balless motherfucker when I see one. Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up until you can learn to not worship your fetish!
So you own guns, and you loathe people who think the gun protects the
Yes I’m generalizing, but if it quacks like a duck. But I bet the gun nutters here would be like the people that was on the discord chat the killer had before the shooting. Totally ignore or sadly even root on his plan. Like having guns more important than all the lives affected by them over the hideous history of 2A. Total ban on guns is the only option like the rest of the civilized world.
Tell me your plan to confiscate 400+ million guns while making sure that the actual fascists and violent criminals give theirs up.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe this was one of our resident Gunboiz kids?

Woman Charged After Gun in Son's Backpack Goes off at School

Chicago police say a mother has been arrested and charged with child endangerment after a gun in her second grader’s backpack accidentally discharged at school, injuring a 7-year-old classmate.
Associated Press May 18, 2022
Yes, it was probably one of the forum member's children who did this, because in your deluded reality, all guns are used to murder people constantly.

You should try some slow breathing into a paper bag.

Reactions: Bitek

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
So you own guns, and you loathe people who think the gun protects the

Tell me your plan to confiscate 400+ million guns while making sure that the actual fascists and violent criminals give theirs up.
No need to confiscate the guns, stop all sales of ammo & reloading supplies. Guns don’t work as well without ammo.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Anti-abortion and anti-gun have a common simple logic that is indisputable at a fundamental level of logic. The creation of a unique individual logically begins at conception therefore abortion is murder. Likewise, guns are weapons designed to kill people and there would be no deaths attributable to guns if they didn't exist. Ban abortions and ban guns and two major sources of killing people would be eliminated.

Some want to ban one or the other and probably some want to ban both, while some oppose banning either. Only those totally for or totally against are logically consistent but you will never get the inconsistent groups to see it. So we refer to bigotry as being blind for a reason. On any topic where bigotry is not universal not just on guns or abortion but on bigotry generally, it is obvious to the unbiased only who the bigoted are.

Sadly, this is because generally speaking bigotry is only transcended by having some personal life experience in which one is forced to suffer from some negative consequence that are the direct result of one’s ignorant opinions.

What open minded vision capable people lack is the arrogance of certainty and the greater the ignorance the harder the fall. We cannot know what the future holds or legislate perfection. So we polarize along two lines of thought. It is the job of the state to determine the risks people are allowed to take or it’s job is to preserve the faith in the individual to determine that for himself.

The path people will choose will depend on what they unconsciously feel about themselves and project on others which will determine the level of sincerity, security, and satisfaction they find in taking on personal responsibility. It will determine whether one is a liberal or a conservative, an authoritarian or a libertarian regarding respect for peoples’ right to everything including whether to own or not own a gun.

Bigotry isn't blind without reason. The source of personal pride for the bigot is ego, the self imagined sanctity of unexamined assumptions about reality he or she will have no idea how they came by, having been inculcated by humiliation, guilt, and shame along with physical violence when all else failed to produce a conformist bot for a child.

Peel the onion of bigotry and you will discover a layer of meanness, of contempt for all who are not similarly bigoted. Their speech will be filled with put downs because they were robbed of real self respect.

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
No need to confiscate the guns, stop all sales of ammo & reloading supplies. Guns don’t work as well without ammo.
So no more purchasing new ammo for hunting. Or target shooting. Sure, there's hundreds of billions of ammo already out and about, but sure.

What political body creates this new law? Who enforces this new law? How, exactly, do you think the Supreme Court is going to come out on that legislation?

If you're going to propose that, how about we just un-invent firearms. Same likelihood of happening, and you don't have to counteract the right-wing authoritarians who start the hot civil war.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
So no more purchasing new ammo for hunting. Or target shooting. Sure, there's hundreds of billions of ammo already out and about, but sure.

What political body creates this new law? Who enforces this new law? How, exactly, do you think the Supreme Court is going to come out on that legislation?

If you're going to propose that, how about we just un-invent firearms. Same likelihood of happening, and you don't have to counteract the right-wing authoritarians who start the hot civil war.
Of course it would never happen because the gun is firmly entrenched in the U.S..
Until the people are convinced that guns don’t make them safer it will never happen, until the country falls to fascism, then you’re see the guns confiscated.
Like the Onion article says, Nothing can be done in the only country that it happens in.

Other countries re-write their outdated Constitutions, We will never do that here. We’re supposedly the Greatest Country but we can’t do anything that other countries do because we’re just soo much more special.

Last edited:

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
WTF is going on in this thread?

look, having a weapon in the house or on your person in general makes you less safe to being, shot, murdered, suicide, shooting a loved one, being mistaken for a shooter yourself, etc.

However, there are steps that can be done to mitigate the majority of the extra risk. Not carrying for self-protection outside of very specific circumstances. Keeping the guns locked up and separate from ammunition. Using good weapon handling practices (trigger and barrel discipline, etc), never handling the weapon while impaired (including sick, sleepy, or emotional).

Simply owning a weapon for sport does not make one an gun fetishist or ammo sexual.

Reactions: K1052 and nickqt

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

look, having a weapon in the house or on your person in general makes you less safe to being, shot, murdered, suicide, shooting a loved one, being mistaken for a shooter yourself, etc.

However, there are steps that can be done to mitigate the majority of the extra risk. Not carrying for self-protection outside of very specific circumstances. Keeping the guns locked up and separate from ammunition. Using good weapon handling practices (trigger and barrel discipline, etc), never handling the weapon while impaired (including sick, sleepy, or emotional).

Simply owning a weapon for sport does not make one an gun fetishist or ammo sexual.
True but the easy access to them by nearly anyone with few barriers make them a huge problem for everyone else who chooses not to arm themselves.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005

That's a great idea! I can't figure out why this type of approach hasn't been attempted before.

I bet this strategy could work with other things that we want to do away with...like drugs. Maybe we could stop all sales of heroin and cocaine and that would mean that druggies don't work as well without drugs! Where else can we apply this where there is zero chance that a violent black market won't take the place of the current legally regulated market? The possibilities are endless!!

I love your novel approach of ignoring the cause of the issue and instead focusing on treating the symptoms and then wondering why it didn't fix the issue. We should do this in medicine, too. Maybe even in engineering and computer science. Any other great ideas on how to make things shitty for people who follow laws without actually making things better for anyone?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
That's a great idea! I can't figure out why this type of approach hasn't been attempted before.

I bet this strategy could work with other things that we want to do away with...like drugs. Maybe we could stop all sales of heroin and cocaine and that would mean that druggies don't work as well without drugs! Where else can we apply this where there is zero chance that a violent black market won't take the place of the current legally regulated market? The possibilities are endless!!

I love your novel approach of ignoring the cause of the issue and instead focusing on treating the symptoms and then wondering why it didn't fix the issue. We should do this in medicine, too. Maybe even in engineering and computer science. Any other great ideas on how to make things shitty for people who follow laws without actually making things better for anyone?
A country so special demands a special solution.😉 The Constitution says arms, no mention of ammo anywhere.

Nov 17, 2019
Thumpers and boombooms go toghether so well .....

Religious dispute ends with man shot and killed in New Mexico oilfield, media reports

www.miamiherald.com.ico
Miami Herald|51 minutes ago
A man is accused of shooting and killing his friend in a New Mexico oilfield after they got into a fight about religion, according to media reports. The deadly shooting happened just before midnight on May 17 at an oilfield work site in Eddy County,

Reactions: hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Well put in my opinion, but I have to confess I agonized over my choice of steel penis to be rubbed and burnished with a proper silicone oiled gun cloth. How long to make it, how thick and heavy, how much to pay, should I go for boutique carbon fiber? So many things to think about to bolster my secret manly self confidence to be thereby self generated, walking around knowing how well I will be personally equipped as compared to all the emasculated liberals I am surrounded by.

Hell, I can even feel right at home in a gay or a cowboy bar with equal poise and self confidence. I’m thinking my next build will be piston driven. Gotta go. Time to squeeze out a tube of Dr. Moonbean’s white molly gun grease injection. I’ll be back.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Thumpers and boombooms go toghether so well .....

Religious dispute ends with man shot and killed in New Mexico oilfield, media reports

www.miamiherald.com.ico
Miami Herald|51 minutes ago
A man is accused of shooting and killing his friend in a New Mexico oilfield after they got into a fight about religion, according to media reports. The deadly shooting happened just before midnight on May 17 at an oilfield work site in Eddy County,
Fortunately, the more one realizes the need of the ego to kill anything that threatens its fanatical clinging to things like the one and only trute religion of multitudes of religion masquerading as such the less likely one is to act the same oneself. Those not so self aware themselves, however, will fly into a jealous rage when we hear that somebody actually did what we ourselves want to do but are prevented from doing by the same inhibitions that were driven into us by fear of exhibiting that same suppressed rage.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
But, but, but .... guns are good, guns are fun, right gunners????

Man Killed Firefighter Who Came to His Aid, Thought Vampires Were After Him

Justin Moore, from Kentucky, pulled a shotgun on volunteer firefighter Jacob McClanahan and shot him, he was quickly shot by police.

Wisconsin
Man With AR-15 Rifle Accidentally Shoots Friend Dead: Police

Isaiah Miller, 20, has been arrested in connection with the shooting.
I'm going to have a talk with my guns so that they don't unlock themselves and start indiscriminately start shooting people on their own so that you can stop screaming hysterically at the wall.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I can start a filtered headline news feed too. So many headlines in just one day tho, I don't think I can keep up.

Car nuts describe cars as "fun" and "useful", yet turn blind eyes to the carnage they inflict on society daily. No where in the constitution are cars mentioned, nor are round wheels.
#squarewheelssavelives #thinkofthechildren

BRAXTON COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Three people are dead after a car crashed into a river.

One of the dead is a volunteer firefighter, who was trying to rescue a mother and child who were in the crash.

Passaic County officials said six people were hurt in addition to the fatality during the rampage that unfolded at the intersection of Main Street and Market Street around 3:15 p.m.