The Official PS4 Thread

Page 298 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
So beside Destiny WTF are we getting in 2014? Because it's starting to feel beside two games on each platform (for me) it's going to be a rough 4th quarter.

Who'd have thunk it this far into a new platform we're still relying mostly on last gen remakes and indie ports from at this point in some cases two year old games.

I just saw Journey getting announced for PS4. /facepalm
Uh...assassin's creed unity is not on last gen systems, sunset overdrive xb1, forza horizon 2 xb1. Other games like dragon age and middle earth are not ports from ps3/360.

They aren't all ports and remakes, I can see why you might feel this way but here is what seems to be happening.

A lot of gamers had only an Xbox 360 last time around. They never played any of the great ps3 titles that were exclusive to that platform. Now there are a lot of people who jumped on the ps4 who were in the group who never played these ps3 games. They are marketing these remakes to them. Offering them some critically acclaimed titles on their ps4. "Since a lot of you may have missed it before, now you can see what people were talking about on your ps4"

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i just hope clap hanz comes out with a new hot shots golf for ps4. it took them about a year for the ps3 version to come out after launch, so i hope they have some surprise up their sleeve.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Uh...assassin's creed unity is not on last gen systems, sunset overdrive xb1, forza horizon 2 xb1. Other games like dragon age and middle earth are not ports from ps3/360.

They aren't all ports and remakes, I can see why you might feel this way but here is what seems to be happening.

A lot of gamers had only an Xbox 360 last time around. They never played any of the great ps3 titles that were exclusive to that platform. Now there are a lot of people who jumped on the ps4 who were in the group who never played these ps3 games. They are marketing these remakes to them. Offering them some critically acclaimed titles on their ps4. "Since a lot of you may have missed it before, now you can see what people were talking about on your ps4"

Very odd games to mention when this is a PS4 thread

I sort of hinted at Xbone (I said both platforms.)

I just saw the Target deal for Pre-order Destiny and looking over the available catalog for both Xbone/PS4, there is literally one game I want and that's a PS3 remake. Sucks I can't apply the deal to a pre-order.

Anyways, Destiny and Sunset Overdrive are pretty much going to hold me off until 2015. I don't have the time/stomach for racers anymore, but from what I heard of Drive Club the PS+ Demo seems to be more than enough to satisfy my needs.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Very odd games to mention when this is a PS4 thread
He was generalizing saying everything was ports and remakes and indie on both platforms. He never specified ps4.

I was just saying that between the two, there will be lots of stuff this year. You can not discount multiplatform games either like assassins creed, sports titles (looking forward to trying NHL 15) etc.

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
I haven't played a hockey game in years, a new one should be good. I'm really waiting for boxing and golf the most. Too bad there won't be any more tiger woods games. I wonder what spin off EA is going to do here.

I know they put all the time into UFC that's why we don't have a boxing game yet, and UFC is a pretty buggy game from what I've seen.

Anyone remember when the 360 came out and they released fight night? That was the one last gen game that made my jaw drop from the graphics. I had to get the system because the boxing looked so good graphically.

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
D3 next Tuesday
Destiny on the 9th
Marvel Infinity on the 23rd
Plus gta 5

That's just my immediate list of stuff I have preordered.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Should I try Diablo 3? I never played it on the console or pc. I did try Diablo 2 a long long time ago. I hope they do the 50% trade in value for gta 5 though.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Should I try Diablo 3? I never played it on the console or pc. I did try Diablo 2 a long long time ago. I hope they do the 50% trade in value for gta 5 though.

There's a starter edition of Diablo 3 on PC. You can get to level 13, can't get past a certain boss, and can only do matchmaking with other starter edition players. It still gives you an idea of what it's like and I think most people will know by the time they finish the starter edition whether they like it.

I was going to buy it for PS4 but with so much else coming in not too long, I wouldn't have the time to properly dedicate to it. Diablo is one of those games that requires time devotion for character building and finding the best loot.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
There's a starter edition of Diablo 3 on PC. You can get to level 13, can't get past a certain boss, and can only do matchmaking with other starter edition players. It still gives you an idea of what it's like and I think most people will know by the time they finish the starter edition whether they like it.

I was going to buy it for PS4 but with so much else coming in not too long, I wouldn't have the time to properly dedicate to it. Diablo is one of those games that requires time devotion for character building and finding the best loot.

I don't think character building is really a focus of D3 anymore. There's no skill trees, so you're mostly just loot hunting as I understand it.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I just dont have time for D3, already played a decent bit when it originally came out. Destiny coming out soon should take up most of my grinding time I will have.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I just dont have time for D3, already played a decent bit when it originally came out. Destiny coming out soon should take up most of my grinding time I will have.

That's my situation too. I want to get legendary gear in Destiny and see the Story and locations etc. I will definitely be spending huge amounts of time in that game.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Yea I'll be spending a lot of time in Destiny too. Definitely want to use some that cool gear you can find.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

Yup if Diablo 3 would have come out earlier this year I would have picked it up day one but since it's releasing so close to Destiny, I won't be picking it up since they are fairly similar games.

utahraptor

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2004

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Yup if Diablo 3 would have come out earlier this year I would have picked it up day one but since it's releasing so close to Destiny, I won't be picking it up since they are fairly similar games.

Am I crazy in thinking they aren't similar at all? Lol.

FPS vs aRPG?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I guess. That makes it seem like Flallout 3 is similar to Diablo... I just don't see a connection.
The game has raids, strikes ( you can't do these solo), random public events, and lots of loot to hunt down and 3 subclasses to level up. Your weapons also level up

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Am I crazy in thinking they aren't similar at all? Lol.

FPS vs aRPG?

Destiny is like Borderlands "lite" with advanced coop - less levels, less skills, less classes, less loot, coop-only content.

Seeing as Borderlands is basically FPP Diablo, it's not a stretch at all to compare the two.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
The game has raids, strikes ( you can't do these solo), random public events, and lots of loot to hunt down and 3 subclasses to level up. Your weapons also level up

Destiny is like Borderlands "lite" with advanced coop - less levels, less skills, less classes, less loot, coop-only content.

Seeing as Borderlands is basically FPP Diablo, it's not a stretch at all to compare the two.

Still not seeing it ;)

To each their own.