The official consequences caused by the overturning of Roe thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
What he said ultimately was "it should be left up to the states".... I disagree personally but that was what the man actually said no matter how it makes anyone feel. (having read the article twice now)

What the headline says is how people feel about his statement... and I feel the same way.

But the headline is still inaccurate.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What he said ultimately was "it should be left up to the states".... I disagree personally but that was what the man actually said no matter how it makes anyone feel. (having read the article twice now)

What the headline says is how people feel about his statement... and I feel the same way.

But the headline is still inaccurate.

If you leave it up to the states why can’t they overturn Loving? Bring back segregation?

Ultimately Republicans want to ban gay marriage which give them lesser rights.

But I won’t quibble about the title

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If you leave it up to the states why can’t they overturn Loving? Bring back segregation?

Ultimately Republicans want to ban gay marriage which give them lesser rights.

But I won’t quibble about the title

Did you actually read what I said? ;)

*(hint: I completely disagree with that a$$hat)

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
But why would a doctor not do what might be technically legal, like save a mom's life before she is in the ICU?
Are you really that clueless?

The doctor in Indiana followed the law only to be attacked in the press by the AG of the fucking state, to the point she had to file a cease and desist order against him.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...eives-cease-desist-letter-obgyn-doc-rcna38737

It's not about what is best for the woman, or the fetus, or society, but the absolute power they have to fuck with non-male people. Have you watched or read "The Handmaidens Tale"? Under republican rule, we are not that far from holding women down for government sanctioned rape to impregnate them. They have already virtually eliminated abortion in some states, birth control is next on their list, then finally welcome to Gilead.

Please pay attention:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

GOP is now setting up a surveillance state on women and their families and friends.

Oh, and remember when GOP said they wouldn't go after the women? Well, they lied, of course:

Her then-17-year-old daughter Celeste Burgess — who is being tried as an adult — also pleaded not guilty to three charges, including a felony.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

GOP is now setting up a surveillance state on women and their families and friends.

Oh, and remember when GOP said they wouldn't go after the women? Well, they lied, of course:
theocratic fascism is here

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Bu,but the FBI Gestapo!

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Are you really that clueless?

The doctor in Indiana followed the law only to be attacked in the press by the AG of the fucking state, to the point she had to file a cease and desist order against him.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...eives-cease-desist-letter-obgyn-doc-rcna38737

It's not about what is best for the woman, or the fetus, or society, but the absolute power they have to fuck with non-male people. Have you watched or read "The Handmaidens Tale"? Under republican rule, we are not that far from holding women down for government sanctioned rape to impregnate them. They have already virtually eliminated abortion in some states, birth control is next on their list, then finally welcome to Gilead.

Please pay attention:
Seriously, learn sarcasm.