The official consequences caused by the overturning of Roe thread

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Something women have feared. Yet the end of another right wing talking point that pregnancy almost never happens from rape. Happens a lot more than people are willing to admit.

More than 64,500 pregnancies have resulted from rape in the 14 states that banned abortionsince Roe v. Wade was overturned, with the vast majority occurring in states that don't make exceptions for rape, researchers estimated today in a leading medical journal.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
There is nothing the Democrats could have done differently, besides pursue packing the court, which would have been seen as totally radical by the media and public and only made it worse for the Dems. Because it really is completely changing a branch of government, which, oddly enough, Congress across as pretty radical.

They should have fought less hard otherwise. I mean why bother? Look how corrupt the Republicans are going to be.

Waste of a thread.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Scumbag Republicans trying to run away from their long term position.

GOP lawmaker rescinds cosponsorship of the Life at Conception Act after winning primary​

Oh, I get it AFTER the primary. I hope you opponent beats you in the face over and over again with your old position.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Oh look, another consequence of overturning Roe v Wade. I hope some of you abortion will have no effect on elections get over yourselves.

And she won by 63% to 37% after loosing in 2022 by 7 points to the same republican opponent. That is a 33 point difference in less than 2 years.