The official ATOT Fast Food discussion thread

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
just had the mr. hero craver meal for 5$, and it is legit:

- craver burger (kinda like a mcd's cheeseburger but with more toppings)
- waffle fries with cheese sauce
- cole slaw
- large pop

i'm gonna eat this bad boy at least once or twice a week until they take it away

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
just had the mr. hero craver meal for 5$, and it is legit:
- large pop

i'm gonna eat this bad boy at least once or twice a week until they take it away

You mean soda or soft drink, right?

Reactions: Craig234

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I think you can technically return the unused portions of most foods. I hope it was at least a big bag he returned and not just one of the standard size packs.

Ya, I didn't actually return it - it was a 'larger' bag, and I just called Mars to give feedback, and they mailed me a coupon for another product I think I lost. I threw away the mostly full bag IIRC.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Ya, it's turned me somewhat off pumpkin pie altogether, despite liking it before (but not Costco's so much). I'll have to try 'real' pumpkin pie and see.

I've had some pumpkin stuff made from actual pumpkin & it's actually not bad. If you get a sugar pumpkin, roast it, and puree it, that works too. Or you can just get the canned Dickinson squash variety from Libby's or whoever & call it a day. The Internet says the canned stuff is good for 3 to 5 years unopened...for some items, it's easier to just get something packaged like that instead of doing it yourself.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Stopped at Shake Shack today, got their new chicken nuggets.

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

+1

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
i don't see this item on their website.

They came out in February:

But my local Shack only just got them. The Washington Post said they have the texture of marshmallows:

They're sous-vided first & then deep-fried, so they're crazy-soft on the inside & super-crispy on the outside. Probably one of my favorite nuggets ever made. I thought they were fun to eat, because they go down so easy. Only catch is the sauce offerings are crap. Their BBQ sauce is probably the best one. The honey mustard is one of the worst I've ever had. They need to take a lesson from Chik-fil-a's playbook on sauces.

Overall tho, I'll definitely be stopping by again to get them!