The Official ANTI-WOKE anti-lgbt conservaterrorist mob thread!

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm going to say it's probably a bad idea for you to go with the 'if you hate Nazis you're just as bad as they are' line of argument.
well considering Greenman is basically a mid-stage Nazi in the sense that he basically defends the vast majority of things his mid-stage Nazi party is doing, I'd say he is just defending himself at this point, whether consciously or unconscously.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Why should Target give in and remove their LGBTQ items from the store? Or hide them away?
Because white extremist domestic terrorists are a real threat, and they threatened to do some of their terrorism at Target? Probably none of them actually meant it, but it would be very unfortunate to bank on that and end up having a U-Haul explode out front and take out a chunk of a store and lots of people. Or have a squad of them pile out of a U-Haul and start having an old-fashioned "cleansing".

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I'm going to say it's probably a bad idea for you to go with the 'if you hate Nazis you're just as bad as they are' line of argument.
Hate is hate, that's it. Some people are worthy of hate, most aren't.
The Nazi brand is now commonly applied to justify political hate. Why not be a little honest about it and just admit that you hate group X for political reasons and won't be upset if they're all rounded up and shot?
Hate is a handy tool to get people to agree with your point of view. Because it's emotional you can alter facts or ignore context to invoke it. It's also sticky. Once you get to hating someone or some group it's hard to give it up. Logic no longer works, empathy goes out the window because it can't exist with hate.

All shit stinks.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
It's cute that you think your brand of hate doesn't smell as bad as any other brand of hate.

Nice. So if I oppose racism and bigotry I'm just as bad as the racists and bigots?

Do you even listen to your own BS?

Let us NOT forget what "woke" REALLY means to the right-wing:

FrRHIKiWwAEb4eE.jpg

332478239_6380960595256605_598625361521805576_n.jpg

Every accusation is a confession.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So now you see my point, right?
The Nazi brand is now commonly applied to justify political hate. Why not be a little honest about it and just admit that you hate group X for political reasons and won't be upset if they're all rounded up and shot?
Well I wouldn't 'admit' that because if I said I wouldn't be upset if people were rounded up and shot that would be a lie. Lies are bad, so why would you want me to lie?

Hate is a handy tool to get people to agree with your point of view. Because it's emotional you can alter facts or ignore context to invoke it. It's also sticky. Once you get to hating someone or some group it's hard to give it up. Logic no longer works, empathy goes out the window because it can't exist with hate.

All shit stinks.
No, as you mentioned some people are deserving of hatred. If you hate someone because they did something deserving of hatred this is a normal and logical response.

Drawing no distinction between justified and unjustified hate is illogical. Imagine telling someone with a straight face that if someone raped and murdered their family if they hate the guy who did it they are no better than the Nazis because hate is hate.

Like I said, this is not an argument you want to be making - it's self-evidently silly.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

All shit stinks.
When group X are, in fact, Nazis, it is okay to call them Nazis.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When group X are, in fact, Nazis, it is okay to call them Nazis.

the people who are very sick of being unfairly called Nazis are angry that they are always being called Nazis, rather than exploring why this is so. "No, it can't be, I am just thinking and saying the things I have always thought and said! Surely I can't be a Nazi! Much less sympathize with them"

Reactions: DarthKyrie

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Why not be a little honest about it and just admit that you hate group X for political reasons and won't be upset if they're all rounded up and shot?
Fucking hell, you've really gone off the deep end.

In answer to your question, no, I don't believe that it's in any way a reasonable solution to exterminate all Trump supporters and other wannabe fascists. Such an act would open the door to exterminating all instances of 'wrongthink'.

IMO it would be an extreme punishment even for all of those who participated in Jan 6th, despite the fact that they attempted to overthrow the government. However, if say a minigun was mounted on the Capitol building and the rioters were sufficiently warned that if they pass a certain point then they will be fired upon, I wouldn't feel sorry for anyone who decided to press on anyway. It's one of the few appropriate times where such an extreme response was warranted. Democracy on that day should have been far more aggressively defended.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Fucking hell, you've really gone off the deep end.

In answer to your question, no, I don't believe that it's in any way a reasonable solution to exterminate all Trump supporters and other wannabe fascists. Such an act would open the door to exterminating all instances of 'wrongthink'.

IMO it would be an extreme punishment even for all of those who participated in Jan 6th, despite the fact that they attempted to overthrow the government. However, if say a minigun was mounted on the Capitol building and the rioters were sufficiently warned that if they pass a certain point then they will be fired upon, I wouldn't feel sorry for anyone who decided to press on anyway. It's one of the few appropriate times where such an extreme response was warranted. Democracy on that day should have been far more aggressively defended.

Yep and it's important to remember that Trump and cronies deliberately ordered the neutering of security on that day in order to help their planned insurrection.

These are now known facts. Greenman will never accept his treasonous party's factual attempt to end democracy in this country because he refuses to engage in the investigation into the insurrection that lays this all out on the table. It is, in itself, apparently a matter of opinion whether or not we should accept the plain facts, and base our arguments from this idea that the facts can be a matter of opinion.

It's OK to hate the right people when they deserve the hate; we just need someone of Greenman's well informed intellect to tell us who we are allowed to hate, and when.

Their brains are fucking gone.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Greenman is also a shitstain on humanity. He defends mid-stage Naziism because, as we all know, that is who he is and his party and his team. That is his tribe - we have seen him do mental gymnastics, provide totally low IQ non-sensical defenses of the worst of the GQP.

If people want to give him a little credit for thinking Q people are loony, that's a really low bar. Ultimately when you defend mid-stage Naziism like he does constantly, you are all the same, who cares if you have a small 'redeemable' quality because you don't jive with some of the most insane conspiracy theorists. You are still a mid-stage Nazi.

He will never change. He only gets more idiotic and defends even more evil as he posts. He is not learning a goddamn thing or becoming better in even the smallest way. He is, in fact, de-evolving, just like the base of the GQP is. They are in lockstep.

edit: pretty amusing. some bigoted fuck on FB is pulling the greenman argument. Defending oppressing the gays is being intolerant to other people's views.

These people are exemplifying mid-stage Nazis lol

Last edited:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
One thing is for certain: We can't hate our way out of this. You can't oppose hatred with more of the same.
Love is love.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Irony: The intolerant demand tolerance for their intolerant ideology so they can destroy tolerance itself.

When you stand up to them, they play the victim and accuse you of "hate."

Segway: This is also classic narcissistic gaslighting.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Irony: The intolerant demand tolerance for their intolerant ideology so they can destroy tolerance itself.

When you stand up to them, they play the victim and accuse you of "hate."

Segway: This is also classic narcissistic gaslighting.
It isn't an empty accusation if you use the words and intent. That does not move the needle, not ever.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The problem with people that just want to fight hate with love is they ignore the countless lessons of human history we have at our disposal to show this does not work when you are dealing with these kinds of people at this stage of the process. It's a tired old fucking cliche, but people, THOSE WHO DO NOT LEARN FROM HISTORY ARE FUCKING STUPID, or so NAIVE it's almost the same thing. That's when society's get fucked by totalitarian nazis or fascists or whatever.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
show me the lessons where you reply to hate with hate and it does anything.
Crickets.
"I hate you"
"No, I hate you"
the dialog is over.
Hearts and minds man. you cannot win over hearts and minds if you cut off the access.
That language is the wedge. My practice is to keep pulling the wedge out. Loosen the wedge.
Step around it.
Ignore the wedge and keep the dialog going.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
show me the lessons where you reply to hate with hate and it does anything.
Crickets.
"I hate you"
"No, I hate you"
the dialog is over.
Hearts and minds man. you cannot win over hearts and minds if you cut off the access.
That language is the wedge. My practice is to keep pulling the wedge out. Loosen the wedge.
Step around it.
Ignore the wedge and keep the dialog going.

It's pretty clear we have been trying dialogue with these people for years now. They are all armed and waiting for the orders to commence their takeover, or do it bureaucratically, and then set their minions loose. What do you do now? Like I said this has happened countless times in modern history - the hateful oppressive side just takes over while the decent folks are like - well we tried to talk to them. Oh well. Now atrocities start happening.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
what exactly are you proposing as an alternative?
Have you seen change in your lifetime? Have you witnessed somebody changing their positions?