The media and military are going to burn in hell

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

przero

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2000
I notice that many people that are a little to the left, do not have their profile up. I always found that odd.

Ted is left of Teddy Kennedy!

NPR = National Public Radio. All Things Considered (that is unless it's conservative or Christian) is their news program.

But I try to read various accounts to get a rounded opinion.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Ok, Turner is a lefty but the other three seem to be right. So 75% of your sources are more likely to line up with the government and feed false information. I think it would be a good idea to get news from other countries.

My girlfriend is an Anthropology major (already graduated) and it's amazing to hear about what people who SOLEY study other people's opinions think about this whole thing. Teachers and students alike seem to agree that the truth cannot come from US sources alone.

Good luck finding the right media feed that works with you! :)

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: przero
I notice that many people that are a little to the left, do not have their profile up. I always found that odd.

Ted is left of Teddy Kennedy!

NPR = National Public Radio. All Things Considered (that is unless it's conservative or Christian) is their news program.

But I try to read various accounts to get a rounded opinion.

Well that's the thing though. I'm not really political at all. In fact, as a Math minor, I feel it would be an insult to my studies to vote as my one vote will never ever ever change the result of an election. Therefore I do not follow politics and feel as if everyone is corrupt and has hidden agendas.

So I don't sit on the who left/right wing line and I certainly don't support anyone for office. I am more than happy to tell you anything about me so feel free to ask.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Does voting make my opinion matter?

As I said, 1 vote does not make a difference statistically speaking. The cloest election in history was Bush/Gore in Florida. If I had voted in that state there still would not be a difference. It is not worth the added stress and time to follow politics and choose from a lesser of two evils.

Besides, do you really want me to vote? I'm ill-educated and wouldn't vote for the right person anyway.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
My parents pay tuition. I pay living expenses (which obviously is much more per year).

przero

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2000
"As I said, 1 vote does not make a difference statistically speaking"

And if we all said that?

An ill educated person's vote is just as important as anyone else. 1 man, 1 vote.

Tuesday, think of all the guys your age that gave their life to give you the freedom you have. And you don't take time to vote!

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: przero
"As I said, 1 vote does not make a difference statistically speaking"

And if we all said that?

An ill educated person's vote is just as important as anyone else. 1 man, 1 vote.

Tuesday, think of all the guys your age that gave their life to give you the freedom you have. And you don't take time to vote!

Whoa whoa whoa. ONE vote does not make a difference. You are not talking about one vote, you are talking about everyone. I am not responcible for everyone. I am responcible for me and my vote alone. It is only one vote and will NOT make a difference.

My vote is just as important but I do not want to vote if I have not researched ahead of time. We should not have people randomly voting, that would be stupid.

What's on Tuesday?

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Since when do I influence everyone? Everyone who is upset about me not voting has said the exact same thing: "What if everyone thought the way you do?!!?!" Whoopty do. When someone doesn't vote, it makes YOUR vote more important. Don't tell me I have to pick someone when I don't know crap about them.

If everyone thought the way I do, we wouldn't these kind of lies in books that are supposed to be factual. That is what this thread is about. Being lied to. Does anyone care anymore? Are you ready to accept more and more lies through every orifice or do you think these kind of stuff shouldn't go on?

My vote WILL NOT EVER EVER EVER make a difference so don't tell me otherwise.

I am from the US

beeebeeebeee

Aug 5, 2001
Do you still trust the U.S. Military Industrial Complex? Read this:

(Quoted from ricardo_nj of yahoo message boards; check links if you want proof of accuracy of news facts):

"First, here is SOLID PROOF that this thing was put together from the beginning!

From the article:

"...attacked after taking a wrong turn in the Iraqi town of Nasiriyah on MARCH 23." <-- NOTE THE DATE

A WHOIS on jessicalynch.org reveals:

Domain Name:JESSICALYNCH.ORG
Created On:17-Mar-2003 19:57:52 <-- NOTE THE DATE

THE DOMAIN "JESSICALYNCH.ORG" WAS REGISTERED SIX DAYS BEFORE JESSICA'S CONVOY WAS AMBUSHED IN IRAQ!!!!

Q: WHY ARE ALL THE "SO CALLED" RESCUERS BEING KILLED?

A: BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T WANT THE REAL STORY TO BE TOLD

(1)
Wednesday, October 22, 2003
LONG BEACH, California (AP) -- A Marine who helped in the rescue of Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch in Iraq was shot to death at a family barbecue, just 12 days before he was to be discharged.

Lance Cpl. Sok Khak Ung, 22, and a family friend, Vouthy Tho, 21, were killed early Sunday in a garage at a Long Beach home by a gunman who fired six to eight shots before fleeing, police said. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/22/iraq.marine.ap/

(2)
The Department of Defense announced today that Petty Officer First Class David M. Tapper, 32, of Camden County, New Jersey, died of wounds received in action August 20, 2003 in Afghanistan.

Often called upon to conduct the most harrowing missions, Tapper took part in the April rescue of wounded POW Jessica Lynch, then helped recover the bodies of nine American soldiers buried near the Iraqi hospital where she was held, according to friends and the Tapper family. www.arlingtoncemetery.net/dmtapper.htm

(3)
GREENVILLE, S.C., July 7, 2003vv(AP) A U.S. Marine who was part of the unit that helped rescue Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch died in a car crash on his first weekend home since returning from Iraq.

Josh Speer was killed when his car veered off the road in Greenville County, S.C., overturned several times and ran into a tree at about 8 a.m. Sunday morning. The 21-year-old soldier was heading to see his fiancee. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/09/iraq/main562365.shtml "

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

THE DOMAIN "JESSICALYNCH.ORG" WAS REGISTERED SIX DAYS BEFORE JESSICA'S CONVOY WAS AMBUSHED IN IRAQ!!!!

Who was Miss New York State 2003?

You guessed it Jessica Lynch

Further reading for those of you needing chin straps for your tin-foil beanies.

An interesting e-mail.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

An interesting e-mail.

Yeah, I didn't think they would be that stupid.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

An interesting e-mail.

Nice. :D

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: VioletAura
Originally posted by: X-Man
"I'm not supporting Saddam or anyting but I'm pretty damn sure he's not as bad as the Government makes him out to be."

Yeah, old Saddam was just a regular teddy bear.

That is justice Iraqi style. Serves them right, rebel scum and pro-Iranians. I am sure if there was a revolt in the US by a group that supports the active enemies of the state, there will be a few mass graves there as well.

EXACTLY - people really take things like this out of context - ITs all relative - look how many people died the Civil war 100,000's - that dosent make the North evil does it?

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Originally posted by: MAME
"I'm not supporting Saddam or anyting but I'm pretty damn sure he's not as bad as the Government makes him out to be."

I do not support Saddam. I don't think he's a good person. I don't think Bush is a good person. I don't think in the history of mankind there has been even 1% of non-corrupt officials, so pretty much everyone has something against them (Saddam more so than others).

However, how could you possibly think our Government would be honest about the situation? They have hidden agendas and ties that are hidden by the propaganda flowing from its anus. OF COURSE they are going to make it seem worse than it really is, that's its job.

I can't believe how you saying that Bush is not a good man. This the SAME president who protected us against the evil terrorists and took fast action. This is the same guy, who took all the necessary steps to protect another such tragedy. So what if some minority groups rights get trampled during this process. Safety of the majority outweigh the rights of the minority.

classic brainwashing - you have been brainwashed into thinking you are being protected when this fvcker was asleep at the wheel and seemed to LET things happen. Then he read a book to some kids about a goat after his man told him we are under attack- I HAVE THE VIDEO. People dont forget that it happened while he was asleep and so many things had to go right and security mesures had to be ignored to let 911 happen, he is actually the blame. Then he goes and attacks IRAQ ? I think you should just sit for maybe a few hours and just think logically on what has been happening in the world - Bush is not a GOOD man - I cant wait till he gets to god.

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. - B. Franklin

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: beyoku
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Originally posted by: MAME

I do not support Saddam. I don't think he's a good person. I don't think Bush is a good person. I don't think in the history of mankind there has been even 1% of non-corrupt officials, so pretty much everyone has something against them (Saddam more so than others).

However, how could you possibly think our Government would be honest about the situation? They have hidden agendas and ties that are hidden by the propaganda flowing from its anus. OF COURSE they are going to make it seem worse than it really is, that's its job.

I can't believe how you saying that Bush is not a good man. This the SAME president who protected us against the evil terrorists and took fast action. This is the same guy, who took all the necessary steps to protect another such tragedy. So what if some minority groups rights get trampled during this process. Safety of the majority outweigh the rights of the minority.

classic brainwashing - you have been brainwashed into thinking you are being protected when this fvcker was asleep at the wheel and seemed to LET things happen. Then he read a book to some kids about a goat after his man told him we are under attack- I HAVE THE VIDEO. People dont forget that it happened while he was asleep and so many things had to go right and security mesures had to be ignored to let 911 happen, he is actually the blame. Then he goes and attacks IRAQ ? I think you should just sit for maybe a few hours and just think logically on what has been happening in the world - Bush is not a GOOD man - I cant wait till he gets to god.

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. - B. Franklin

No dude, he's being sarcastic.