THE MATRIX: DECODED - I plagerized this! :)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: warcrow
Originally posted by: ndee
totally owned and then saying he wrote it in Word to read it to his GF ROTFL.... whatta loser.

I did. I cute and pasted info, then rewrote about 1/2 of it with better info. And....?

If you mean 95% with 1/2, I totally agree with you.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
it's not what WE call plagiarizing, it's what everyone calls plagiarizing. dispite the disclaimer that you're basing your arguments on the opinions of others, you clearly copied other people's work - verbatim. and not just one sentence either (which is still plagiarism, btw), you copied paragraphs upon paragraphs. you just took a big hit on credibility, not cool.

=|

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: anxi80
couldve just said screw the disclaimer and just linked to the original thread/page where it came from. couldve saved yourself from writing all that stuff at the end of your disclaimer. the way it was worded and put, made it seem as if it was your original creation. couldve been something like this:

found something on another board. keep in mind, im not here to discuss how good/bad/craptacular this trilogy is. just an interesting read. [link to the site here]

simple as that!

Nope, would not have worked because it was changed. I should have posted the original thread though. I'll do tha tnow, thanks for the contructive advise anxi80.

Your backpedaling/lying is disgusting. I just compared, word for word, the thread from MFN and your post, and they're almost exactly the same. Let me give you some stats:
Your post - words in the first paragraph - 101
MFN post - words in the first paragraph - 97
Let's compare:
Yours: Neo is a machine??well, kind of. He is a human with enhanced genetics, enhanced implants, and a machine programmed mind (probably based on a "The One" template program). That's why, at the end of Revolutions, when his body is being taken away by the machines, he is shown as an orange glow. The orange glow is how the machines see each other, and therefore how they see Neo. It is also how Neo sees Smith inside Bane... he is seeing the machine program of Smith inside Bane's mind, and therefore it is an orange glow in the shape of the Smith.

His: Neo is a machine, kinda. He is a human with enhanced genetics, enhanced implants, and a machine programmed mind (probably based on a "The One" template program). That's why, at the end of Revolutions, when his body is being taken away, he is shown as an orange glow. The orange glow is how the machines see each other, and therefore how they see Neo. It is also how Neo sees Smith inside Bane... he is seeing the machine program of Smith inside Bane's mind, and therefore it is an orange glow in the shape of the Smith.

It goes on like this, every single paragraph. Hardly a new thought is inserted (you can read both of them yourself, or you can take my word for it)
Your minor revisions, without citation, would not pass in any institution as original thought, nor would you be able to claim something as your own if you paraphrased the whole thing. Just suck it up and give credit to the right guy and remove any sort of credit from yourself. 50%? More like 2%, if anything, and the things you changed are mostly grammatical, inserting a few new paragraphs, parenthetical statements and smileys. Ridiculous.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: theNEOone
it's not what WE call plagiarizing, it's what everyone calls plagiarizing. dispite the disclaimer that you're basing your arguments on the opinions of others, you clearly copied other people's work - verbatim. and not just one sentence either (which is still plagiarism, btw), you copied paragraphs upon paragraphs. you just took a big hit on credibility, not cool.

=|

Not true. Reread.

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
For those of you that don't believe, and for Warcrow himself, I used Word to Compare/Merge your copy with the MFN post - here's what came out. Whatever is in red is something new, and on the side you can see what he changed.
Click for the document

Edit: To clarify, that document is warcrow's post, showing all that he changed from the MFN post and whatever he added. Something being red does not mean it's new, if you look at what was deleted right before it, you can see it's just a paraphrase.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Legendary
For those of you that don't believe, and for Warcrow himself, I used Word to Compare/Merge your copy with the MFN post - here's what came out. Whatever is in red is something new, and on the side you can see what he changed.
Click for the document

Edit: To clarify, that document is warcrow's post, showing all that he changed from the MFN post and whatever he added. Something being red does not mean it's new, if you look at what was deleted right before it, you can see it's just a paraphrase.
looks like 50% to me!
rolleye.gif

=|

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Gee, thanks for grabing the paragraph that *only* proves your point. What about the ending? (I can't hit the original thread, its timing out for me).

Hrm, actually......NM

Back to real life. I think I'll go plagiarize Stephen King or something and post a good horror story that I wrote. :) :) :) I know no matter what I say. will not matter. Oh well! ;)

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
What about Vin Diesel's role? How about Legolas? You seem to have left out the two very key roles to solving the matrix.

;)

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Click for the document

Well, before I left....I saw this post. Thanks Legendary for doing that! You stated exactly what I claimed. I changed some important stuff, and about 40%-50%. <shrug> isnt that what it shows?

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Gee, thanks for grabing the paragraph that *only* proves your point. What about the ending? (I can't hit the original thread, its timing out for me).

Hrm, actually......NM

Back to real life. I think I'll go plagiarize Stephen King or something and post a good horror story that I wrote. :) :) :) I know no matter what I say. will not matter. Oh well! ;)

Read my latest post, and if you have MS Word, read the document too. Your last paragraph is:
One last topic of discussion is whether or not Neo is really dead. When Seti poses the question to The Oracle, shes answers ?I suppose we shall see him again sometime.? Obviously reffering that a ?The One? might be created once more. But since Neo was inserted into the Source, now means he has become part of the source. The source still runs constantly, it must run, to keep The Matrix running.

Other person's last paragraph is:
Looking upon the sunrise the Oracle asks Sati if that was her doing, and the girl responds that she did it for Neo (made the sun rise). Apparently Neo's experience with love, which was uploaded from him to the Source, caused the machines to show pity on Sati and give her a purpose instead of deleting her. She is now in control of the sun. Sati also asks the Oracle if they will ever see Neo again, and the Oracle replies that they might, indicating that the The One program will be used again in the future, as it had been for the previous six iterations of the Matrix. M3 therefore ends where M1 began, except that now the humans who become aware of the Matrix will be freed (a decent compromise if you ask me).

Your 2nd to last paragraph:
The Oracle then meets with Sati, Seraph, and the Architect in a park outside the city as the sun rises over it. The Architect tells her that she was playing a "very risky game", and she asks him if he will honor the promise of peace. He says that he will, since he is not human (meaning humans do not keep their promises, HA!). This means that those people who unconsciously become aware of the Matrix and choose to leave will be freed, and those living in Zion will not be killed. The war between man and machine is over?or at least suspended.

His 2nd to last paragraph:
The Oracle then meets with Sati, Seraph, and the Architect in a park outside the city as the sun rises over it. The Architect tells her that she was playing a "very risky game", and she asks him if he will honor the promise of peace. He says that he will, since he is not human (meaning humans do not keep their promises, an insult). This means that those people who unconsciously become aware of the Matrix and choose to leave will be freed, and those living in Zion will not be killed. The war between man and machine is over, or at least suspended.

removing ellipsis and adding a comma != original thought.
Get over yourself man, you're not the victim, you're the offender.

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Click for the document

Well, before I left....I saw this post. Thanks Legendary for doing that! You stated exactly what I claimed. I changed some important stuff, and about 40%-50%. <shrug> isnt that what it shows?

NO! If you notice, you can see that what has been "added" by you is paraphrase of what you deleted (shown on the right hand side) - Yes, you did add some things, but not nearly 50%. You didn't look at that for more than 2 seconds. "Oh it looks 50% red, it obviously proves my point."

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
The changes I made were from reading other forums (as I stated) and interviews with the actors, writers and directors (as I stated)....I think you're trying to stir up a bees nest that isnt there.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Click for the document

ok now i'm just thinking that you're delusional.

=|

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
The changes I made were from reading other forums (as I stated) and interviews with the actors, writers and directors (as I stated)....I think you're trying to stir up a bees nest that isnt there.

rolleye.gif
All I'm saying is that you wrote "I figured it out" and most of it just wasn't you. The meat and potatoes of your argument is taken from another post. That's what my problem with this is. Apparently you either 1. don't see my point or 2. don't have a problem with it. I hope it's #1.
Oh well, off to the NY Auto show - will be back with pics later.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004

rolleye.gif
All I'm saying is that you wrote "I figured it out" and most of it just wasn't you. The meat and potatoes of your argument is taken from another post. That's what my problem with this is. Apparently you either 1. don't see my point or 2. don't have a problem with it. I hope it's #1.

True, and I agree. In hindsight, I should not have used that title. I changed it infact. But I did claim all honesty in the thread....and where I got the info. If this is all about the title, I appologze and completley agree.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

rolleye.gif

I will remember that! :D

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
wow i read the one on matrix forum. it does bring up a LOT of great points! If you enjoy the matrix its well worth the read.