THE MATRIX: DECODED - I plagerized this! :)

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

krackato

Golden Member
Aug 10, 2000
What I don't understand is why they don't just kill off the 0.1% of humans that reject the matrix program as they reject it and come into the real world?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: krackato
What I don't understand is why they don't just kill off the 0.1% of humans that reject the matrix program as they reject it and come into the real world?

From what I understand, the machines are not warlike and had originally wanted peace with the humans. It was only after humans started killing them off that they fought back and acheived dominance. While the machines still may be pissed about this, I think they still want peace and are now powerful enough that humans won't be able to persecute them anymore. Since the Matrix cycle has now been broken (where Zion is slaughtered) and Zionites are essentially free b/c of Neo, I think both sides will be able to coexist in peace (until the humans try to free all of the other humans again and start a war).

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Well duh. If they did that, there wouldn't be a movie ;)

DarkManXY2G

Dec 4, 2000
I thought it was a good break down. I had heard a lot of this before but it was good to see it all in 1 place. Kudos!

krackato

Golden Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

From what I understand, the machines are not warlike and had originally wanted peace with the humans. It was only after humans started killing them off that they fought back and acheived dominance. While the machines still may be pissed about this, I think they still want peace and are now powerful enough that humans won't be able to persecute them anymore. Since the Matrix cycle has now been broken (where Zion is slaughtered) and Zionites are essentially free b/c of Neo, I think both sides will be able to coexist in peace (until the humans try to free all of the other humans again and start a war).

Firstly, I don't think this makes any sense. Every time they wipe out Zion they end up killing thousands (millions?) of people in a brutal manslaughter while also getting a lot of their machines 'killed' or 'destroyed' or whatever. Wouldn't it be easier to just kill them one by one as they came out of the ooze, completely confused, without a huge round of ammunition, etc.

And how the hell do they end up having this huge walking cyborg suits and Nebacanezer flying things when basically they start off with 20 people in Zion or something?

Secondly I understand that there wouldn't be a movie if the machines just killed off the humans one by one. I am very sympathetic to the narrative needs of a screenwriter and the movie industry as a whole. It is a testament to the Wachowski's and the Matrix franchise that I want these questions answered. I am throughly engrossed in their world as much as I am engrossed in the Star Wars universe or the Lord of the Rings universe. There is something wonderful about a fully realized world that allows me to spend some time in there and I want the world to be very consistent. I want to believe that it could exist giving the laws of that universe.

Anyway, I admit I didn't like Revolutions (although I loved the original and Reloaded). I just still have a lot of questions which I think the Wachowski's could provide.