The last presidential debate is on...it's do or die!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
The trouble with Gore's tax plan is that it's hard to understand, it targets only a select few and it adds pages and complication to the damn tax code. :(

Futuramatic

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Throw down bitch!!

Is it me or does Gore move like a fairy?

Has Gore cast the tie-breaking vote on everything?

That is all I am gonna say...

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< He's for the rich! >>

Giving tax cuts to everybody means he's for the rich? Take your class warfare and go to hell.

4824guy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Is is just me, or did GW Bush fumble, stumble, and bumbled his opening lines about the dead of that states Governor? He has been stumbling all thru the debate so far IMHO.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I didn't like Bush's &quot;mushy&quot; answer on the Iraeli/Arab question...let's see what Gore gives me...(he just lied about our military being stronger now than in anytime in history...blah...he admits his fluffy service in Vietnam!!? (that took balls)... Oh, man Gore's answer is equally &quot;mushy&quot; and he's all over the place with his answer. Ugh, must not have expected that question.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000

Has Gore cast the tie-breaking vote on everything?

The veep has the tie breaking vote in the senate. All Veeps do.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
What ever happened to the flat tax? Something like take 20% from everyone no matter how much you make, except for the really income families.

<< I want to be a &quot;paper work filler outer&quot;! >>

LOL, I got a good chuckle from that one. Could you imagine Bush talking to someone from another country with language like that.

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Actually, it's the job of the President of the Senate to break ties in Senate votes. That would be Al Gore's job.

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< It ain't class warfare neighbor. Its just the facts. >>

Denouncing the rich isn't class warfare? You'll have to run that by me again. As for the facts...if a section of society pays the majority of taxes, it's tough to devise a tax cut bill that won't give them the bulk of the cuts.

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999

<< Man, I wouldn't want that stupid Wonk Bush in charge of any negotiations. Gore is killing him ! >>

Can you imaging Gore in a negotiating table with leaders from opposing nations? Gore would lead us to WWIII. I know that's stretching it but seems more like an instigator than a diplomat.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Interesting debate style &quot;differences&quot;...Bush has some trouble filling 2 minutes and Gore is rushing his speech trying to say 10,000,000 things in his 2 minutes!

btw, does Bush look older tonight or is it the lighting?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Denouncing the rich isn't class warfare? You'll have to run that by me again. As for the facts...if a section of society pays the majority of taxes, it's tough to devise a tax cut bill that won't give them the bulk of the cuts. >>

Hey, if you got the money, fork it over. You got people in the lower class struggling and you have the highers class making millions and billions sipping on Vodka and Martinis. Help out your fellow man.

If I had a net worth of 90 billion, hell I'd give the country back in taxes hundreds of thousands, millions whatever. That's f*&amp;kin chump change to them.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
JellyBaby:

You're about 20 years behind on the value of preschool education. In fact, the earlier a child is exposed to the widest variety of learning skills the better. I'm not going to interrupt the debate to find the research, but money spent on very early preschool is well spent. Better than money spent on prisons, but not as appealing to the right wing. Head Start has had mixed results for a variety of reasons, principally because they got the kids too late. I haven't a clue where you got the notion about 4th grade, but kids get their best preparation for school from 6 mos. to 4 years of age. Earlier is better.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Red Dawn - I can just imagine Bush at some conference making a statement like that to the leaders of the world. Don't know if would call it simple minded or not.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< If I had a net worth of 90 billion, hell I'd give the country back in taxes hundreds of thousands, millions whatever. >>

Bill Gates, from what I've read, donates a ton of dough to charities and scholarships.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Napalm381

He didn't denounce the rich. He just stated the obvious. He and no one I respect has ever mentioned this as class warfare. I and most other people our proud to live in a society that allows each individual to achieve the goals they seek,and to be rich is the aspiration of many. By being rich,you can afford to pay more. The rich I know aren't bitching about it. They are greatful for thier share in life. It's only those that \aren't rich who spout this crap about class warfare.
IMHO>;)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Bill Gates, from what I've read, donates a ton of dough to charities and scholarships. >>

And I salute him for that. Don't keep all that cash for yourself. Give it back damnit!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< I haven't a clue where you got the notion about 4th grade >>

chess9,

I may have the source wrong...I belive it was a Rassmusen study...that said US kids up through 4th grade rank near the top of the world. But by the time our kids are in 12th grade, they rank in the bottom 20%.

Spending money on early education is fine but overspending on it is not, in light of what I've just said (seems to me the money needs to be spend on different age groups).