The last presidential debate is on...it's do or die!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Sigh from Gore?? Come on. What about that damn GIRLISH laughter from Bush at the beginning?

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
I wonder if they realize they do not have to use up the entire two minutes for an answer. Bush keeps putting his foot inhis mouth becuase he can't string a thought along for two whole minutes.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Bush doesn't know wtf the Dingle/Norwood Bill is! Did you notice how he completely ignored that question.

WTF is all this BS about not being able to trust Washington DC and its all political...yak yak yak...answer the damn questions Shrub, I don't think they asked for your friggin commentary on Washington DC!

JellyBaby,

<< Bush keeps talking about bringing Rs and Ds together to &quot;get things done&quot;. Do you think he'd be better at that than Gore? I'm not so sure... >>

I agree, in fact, I'd say right out that Gore would be better at that. In the words of a famous Republican ;): &quot;Read my lips: Gore will be more bipartisan than Bush!&quot; -zippy, 2000. Why? Because he's had to deal with it more fervently the last 24 years than bush has since he became governor.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Oh man I like that idea from Bush about teacher's not beling liable for dealing modest discipline in their classrooms! Teacher's Unions EAT THAT! Muahahaha!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Gore wants to spend $$$ on preschool. Ummm, that isn't needed. All the stats I've seen indicate our kids do great up through 4th grade and then, because the system blows so bad, our kids start to compare terribly to other countries... Hmmmm.

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
If Gore believes in public schools so much, why did he send his children to private schools. Why do 54% of public school teachers send their kids to private schools?

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Gore also stated the other day he wanted to give more money to Headstart. What a waste of money Headstart is. Millions of dollars and very little improvements.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
pidge, no kidding. Yes, we need to fund education but to spend it in the wrong spots ain't the answer. We need someone with enough guts to stop spending our money on failed and useless programs. Damn, I really wish Gore would be this guy but his liberal stripes prevent it.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
This sure looks like Gore knows what he is talking about and Shrub is floundering and basing dialog on his idealogy instead of answering with specifics on the questions the audience is fielding. Gore is kicking Bushs ARS!

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Heh. Never was part of it. I just remember reading about it in a Social problems in education class at my University.

brandc

Nov 28, 1999
I'm not near a TV right now, which Albert Gore is debating tonite? The one that's too hot or the one that's tooo cold or has he reinvented himself to be just right?

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
I admit that Gore is winning this one but overall, this debate sucks to. I watched the 92 debates with Perot, Bush and Clinton on Saturday and they were much better than any of these last three debates.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
So how is this 10k college credit goingto be funded? And all of Gores other ideas like getting tons of new teachers and giving them all bonuses? I agree with Bush, one size doesn't fit all!

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Was it Mark Twain that said that anyone talking about a single subject for more than 2 minutes is lieing?

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
brandc,

Gore is doing quite well at balancing attack, detailed explanation of his programs and stats. He seems to &quot;want this one&quot;.

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Heh....Bush looks like he needs to go to the restroom. He keeps moving left and right like he really needs to go. :D

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Bush is now coming up with new programs on the fly. He hasn't got a clue on what to do about education and he really can't point to success in Texas.Just ask a Texas student!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Dukacas and Mondail proposals? STFU Bush. They didn't even get elected you twit!