The Jussie Smollett Affair

Page 71 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
She's just trying to BothSides it. Team sports fans like to keep score, less interested in the details. I presume she is either ignorant or doesn't care about all the things Proud Boys and militia types have been caught doing last several years. Planting bombs, killing people with cars (and rifles) impersonating antifa online, as well as at protests. Attention seeking dumbass Jussie pulling some bullshit performance theater to get in the limelight is apparently no different to the magats as their buddies killing people over differences of political opinion, or trying to subvert democracy and overturn elections apparently.

So yeah, not so much a point, more of a demonstration on how to sound like a partisan moron quite allergic to details. She sees a gay black man who played the bigot card and lost, the rest is all rather unimportant when you're less concerned about the case and a lot more concerned about making political hay from it. Another flavor of repug priorities, like losers who downplay treason and insurrection then shit their collective pants over someone setting a fake Douglas fir on fire. Sad stuff really.

What teams? What sides? Smollett isn't a politician, political news or opinion host, or activist leader that I'm aware of. As far as I can tell from this event, the only team he's on is his own.

Reactions: pcgeek11

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Conservatives love this because now they feel justified in their decades of bigotry and hate.
I'm sure there is some of that. The guy faked a crime that he pinned on Trump supporters. I assume the intent was to generate contempt for them. So yeah, I'm sure some of those people are pissed off and applying that anger to all black people. That reasoning is the lynch pin of politics, it's what's behind half the threads right here in P&N.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Seems like this guy got served justice. It seems clear.

After thousands of cases of police falsifying evidence, shooting black men, defending those who wished to keep blacks segregated and beat them and violated their civil rights from 60 years ago until now,, the pieces of shit that make up the Republican party will now hold this as example that they've been right all along defending whites from being oppressed by the privileged blacks.

Reactions: hal2kilo

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm sure there is some of that. The guy faked a crime that he pinned on Trump supporters. I assume the intent was to generate contempt for them. So yeah, I'm sure some of those people are pissed off and applying that anger to all black people. That reasoning is the lynch pin of politics, it's what's behind half the threads right here in P&N.
While Smollett was an idiot that deserved to be punished, but regardless, there is no hiding that the party that brandishes the Confederate flag and loves Confederate symbols and generals and traitors and racists and calls BLM a symbol of hate are actually the fucking real big racists in this country.

But that's your team, which is why you don't care they are willing to overthrow democracy anymore.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Face it, the racist assholes in this forum along with the racist assholes of the BLM movement don't care about the facts or evidence.........all they care about is how much money and power their racist spewings can get them.

Interesting article that doesn't say who made the statement. Thing is, BLM is a movement with no central organization. Can't really say much about the movement as a whole from what is presented here.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Face it, the racist assholes in this forum along with the racist assholes of the BLM movement don't care about the facts or evidence.........all they care about is how much money and power their racist spewings can get them.

Difference between you and me, I completely disagree with that statement as it relates to Jussie, however in the CJS as a whole it is completely true.

See, that isn't hard for honest brokers which you have never been. Early on when facts emerged, I had no trouble admitting his guilt and why. However, I have NEVER seen you condemn any acts of racism from the Republican Party and you never will because you are one of those racists. You wouldn't even acknowledge the racism in the Arbury trial

Reactions: hal2kilo and pmv
Jul 9, 2009
Difference between you and me, I completely disagree with that statement as it relates to Jussie, however in the CJS as a whole it is completely true.

See, that isn't hard for honest brokers which you have never been. Early on when facts emerged, I had no trouble admitting his guilt and why. However, I have NEVER seen you condemn any acts of racism from the Republican Party and you never will because you are one of those racists. You wouldn't even acknowledge the racism in the Arbury trial
You mean the trial where all three of the racist white assholes were found guilty of murder? That trial?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
What teams? What sides? Smollett isn't a politician, political news or opinion host, or activist leader that I'm aware of. As far as I can tell from this event, the only team he's on is his own.

What teams, what sides? Seriously?

As far as the rest, correct. It sounds like you understand why it's really dumb for people like Luna to consider him some kind of analog to the violent right wing nuts like Proud Boys. Kinda.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You mean the trial where all three of the racist white assholes were found guilty of murder? That trial?
Yes, the one where defense attorneys whitewashed the jury, and the existing law didn't allow the judge to do anything about it. The one where the same lawyers cried out loud about the presence of ni**er preachers. The judge admitted the inherent racism in the law and rules, but you deny it.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Interesting article that doesn't say who made the statement. Thing is, BLM is a movement with no central organization. Can't really say much about the movement as a whole from what is presented here.
Morons keep claiming BLM isn't a centralized organization so people won't correctly call them a terrorist organization. BLM has defined ideological and political goals and uses coercion against the public to advance those ideologies and political agendas.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Morons keep claiming BLM isn't a centralized organization so people won't correctly call them a terrorist organization. BLM has defined ideological and political goals and uses coercion against the public to advance those ideologies and political agendas.
Oh Lordy, what kind of bath salt bender are you on

Reactions: sandorski

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
BLM isn't a terrorist organization and our intel agencies would know more then you. You just want a distraction from the #1 domestic terrorist threat, white boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandorski

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Maybe you could point out where those are codified and where terrorism has been used to effect coercion.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I won't hold my breath for brandonbull to follow up with actual verifiable facts.

Those are for progesshviks, he's got his alt facts clutched tight to his chest while hyperventilating about BLM burning down 'Murica ( because 'Murica is a gleaming city on a hill, lol)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Those are for progesshviks, he's got his alt facts clutched tight to his chest while hyperventilating about BLM burning down 'Murica ( because 'Murica is a gleaming city on a hill, lol)
I've been to multiple BLM rallies. Feel free to turn me into DHS :)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
White Nationalists, Christian Identity Movement, KKK, Nazis, Proud Boys, 3%ers, Oath Keepers, Sovereign Citizens, etc, etc,

There is a fucking theme here you dumb ass, his statement wasn't racist just a fact.
None of them resemble us darkies, I reckon!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
White Nationalists, Christian Identity Movement, KKK, Nazis, Proud Boys, 3%ers, Oath Keepers, Sovereign Citizens, etc, etc,

There is a fucking theme here you dumb ass, his statement wasn't racist just a fact.
You just listed off core members of the political brotherhood Taj is in. Why would he be against them?