The Jussie Smollett Affair

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Anyone holding Free Jussie signs?
Surely someone out there thinks it is all a conspiracy to frame the victim of a hate crime.

On NPR that had clips from Jussie and his lawyer contesting just that. I don't think this case is going to be good for anyone.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Anyone holding Free Jussie signs?
Surely someone out there thinks it is all a conspiracy to frame the victim of a hate crime.
And there are also people who believe the earth is flat. Who cares?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And the verdict is in. Guilty on 5 of 6 counts of felony disorderly conduct. Personally I am in agreement with that. I don't think he'll get sentenced to anywhere near the max. And he also faces a suit to repay all the money spent on investigating his claims.

"A disorderly conduct charge for a false crime report is a Class 4 felony and punishable by up to three years in prison and a $25,000 fine."

Last edited:
Reactions: pcgeek11

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I agree with the verdict and I really hope it serves the purpose of letting people know there are consequences for doing such things. There is enough real hate in the world without staging it for politics, to sell a narrative, or get exposure for one's self. He's now made a wreck of a brilliant career as well. It's pretty sad.

• Haha
Reactions: brycejones

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I agree with the verdict and I really hope it serves the purpose of letting people know there are consequences for doing such things. There is enough real hate in the world without staging it for politics, to sell a narrative, or get exposure for one's self. He's now made a wreck of a brilliant career as well. It's pretty sad.
compuwiz1 being concerned about hate... LOL

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Liberals 1, conservatives 1 billion. Good for you though. You have an excuse to publicly rage against a black person without outing yourself as a racist.
We have to remind Luna conservatives have such a huge lead the libs will NEVER catch them. Perspective.

That's why IMO any politician who openly displays racism there is a 95% chance it is a Republican

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Think there will be consequences for Trump? Be honest. Perpetrating a big lie? What Trump did was no different from Jussie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Jussie Smollett got found guilty of it. What exactly is your point?

She's just trying to BothSides it. Team sports fans like to keep score, less interested in the details. I presume she is either ignorant or doesn't care about all the things Proud Boys and militia types have been caught doing last several years. Planting bombs, killing people with cars (and rifles) impersonating antifa online, as well as at protests. Attention seeking dumbass Jussie pulling some bullshit performance theater to get in the limelight is apparently no different to the magats as their buddies killing people over differences of political opinion, or trying to subvert democracy and overturn elections apparently.

So yeah, not so much a point, more of a demonstration on how to sound like a partisan moron quite allergic to details. She sees a gay black man who played the bigot card and lost, the rest is all rather unimportant when you're less concerned about the case and a lot more concerned about making political hay from it. Another flavor of repug priorities, like losers who downplay treason and insurrection then shit their collective pants over someone setting a fake Douglas fir on fire. Sad stuff really.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Evil white conservatives use the excuse they got off to imply they were right or just in doing what they did.
And that just encourages them to do it again and again.

Reactions: hal2kilo

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Liberals 1, conservatives 1 billion. Good for you though. You have an excuse to publicly rage against a black person without outing yourself as a racist.
I would ask you to rerun the numbers but math is racist. TIme and time again fake hate crimes or just outright lying by Liberals.

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I would ask you to rerun the numbers but math is racist. TIme and time again fake hate crimes or just outright lying by Liberals.
Its posts like this that makes me doubt that brandon is a real boy… the account goes just a bit over the edge from time to time and into absurd monty python territory.

Reactions: pmv

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I just wanna point out once again the American justice system is NOT a deterrent to crime. I know it because we still have lots of crime.
This guy was actually let loose then much later somebody pressed charges again and he damn near got off not to mention loads of public support even well after it was obvious he did it.

We need to start fixing Americas problems at the core because frankly punishment aint workin.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I just wanna point out once again the American justice system is NOT a deterrent to crime. I know it because we still have lots of crime.
This guy was actually let loose then much later somebody pressed charges again and he damn near got off not to mention loads of public support even well after it was obvious he did it.

We need to start fixing Americas problems at the core because frankly punishment aint workin.
Well, to be fair, punishment does work just not as a solves all tool, if you dont have a measure of diminishing returns when applying the punishment tool you are doing noone any favors when you’re blasting through the curve. So preventive measures? Maybe even put the preventive in front of the punitive.
But thats the problem with dumbbrains and populist figurines in politics… Round up the crowd with chants of punishment for the weak as a solution to your problems and my political power and personal wealth. Trumpism.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

You sound damaged by the horrors of the Bowling Green Massacre, you poor thing. Then your rights were stripped from you by face masks, and just because of a deadly pandemic. The horror. You are the victim, those darned liberals are just out to confuse you. Get too close to liberty and it's the Jewish Space laser time.

Seriously though, who the fuck cares what kind of math you cherry pick? Let us know when you can man up and address a 38 page Power Point on how to commit treason via coup. Keep that nose in the air traitor, we'll all really impressed by your denial, the whole 'complete failure as an American' thing you have goin on. Compelling shit.

In case anyone else in interested, the body count for the last 25 years is right wing extremists - 329 , antifa - 0

And that's with them impersonating and infiltrating antifa, committing destruction of property during protests in false flag ops in order to stoke more violence.

Last edited: