The Identifying Characteristics of Fascism

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Alch - thanks for your response. Interesting, that's the kind of discussion I was hoping for.

Three questions/comments. First, I thought facism was considered an ideology, but I'm not a Poli Sci guy by any means. I need to do more reading, any suggestions?

Re. Reagan or any other President reacting to a 9/11 event, it's an interesting point. I agree that any President, not just Republicans, would tighten security and take other somewhat oppressive measures to respond to such an attack. I have never been satisfied, however, that all of the responses from the Bush administration were warranted or proportionate to the risk. It seems to me that Bush & Co. have taken advantage of 9/11 to advance an agenda far beyond that reasonably justified. This leads to the comparisons with fascism.

I agree that the fundamentalist Islamic movement is a threat to global security. I haven't given it enough thought to consider whether they could be considered fascist or not. Even if they are, it doesn't preclude having other fascist parties in the world. In other words, I see that as a separate issue from this thread.

Thanks again

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
Fatherland = Nazi Germany
Motherland = Communist Russia
Homeland = The New Amerika

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Homeland = The New Amerika

o0o0o0o0 the Germanic, Nazi, k in place of the c. Like Bill Klinton; Kondeleeza Rice; Dick Kheney. Ok the last one doesn't work that well.

Zephyr