The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 35 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Reactions: Pohemi

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

On Jan. 26, McCreary provided a voluntary statement to the FBI where he again portrayed himself as a witness who was documenting the people committing crimes, the report stated. The rioting “felt like Antifa,” he said.

Sounds like a card carrying member of the Mob trying to blame Antifa. I don't think cooperating after the fact will get anyone out of initial charges, though it may be a mitigating factor later.

But it seems so far most of the caught claim they were pushed inside by the mob, or they were acting as press without credentials.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi and loafbred

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Amazing. Just saw a thing on MSNBC about NYT release of the insurrectionists pings, visually, for the timeline of the riot. Butt tons of pings by the ellipse where the riot was instigated, pings move on mass down the avenue to the capitol, capitol swarmed by pings.

Reactions: Zorba

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

Probably because of this in your article?
The FBI soon interviewed four of McCreary’s co-workers, who told investigators that McCreary had expressed his belief “that there was widespread voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election” and had told one co-worker he had “raided” the Capitol, according to the report.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This probably replicates or summarises things that have already been posted in this thread, but it's a very long thread. I know I said I wasn't keen on legally throwing the book at all the participants, but I've run out of energy to pay attention and/or care at this point, and just have to hope the legal system can sort it all out in a rational manner, with whatever charges and sentences that are appropriate.

(Though references to possible 20-year sentences just make me think of how brutal and inept the US prison system appears to be - maybe if a lot of white conservative people end up serving such sentences it will increase the pressure to make that system more humane for everyone in it?)

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

-Watson isn’t worried.
“We didn’t do anything other than just being there,” he said.
Watson says it was when trump supporters were tear-gassed and hit with batons that they decided to storm the Capitol.
-The homeowner, Sean Watson, freely admits he was one of the people who stormed the capitol on Jan. 6.
“Yes, I was one of the people who went into the Capitol Building,” he said.

just lol

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

-Watson isn’t worried.
Watson says it was when trump supporters were tear-gassed and hit with batons that they decided to storm the Capitol.
-The homeowner, Sean Watson, freely admits he was one of the people who stormed the capitol on Jan. 6.

just lol
Damn that is some white privilege on display

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Now if only Margie Greene gets implicated in this one way or another it would make my day as it would surely ruin hers.

And to all of you insurrectionists who thought it was one hell of an idea to storm the Capitol in order to give back to Donald what was stolen from him I ask you "what do you think of Donald now since he put you all up to this defense fund scheme of his and he still hasn't sent his lawyers out to you gratis for helping him scam you one last time?"

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
People I know from my hometown all fervently believe it was mostly antifa attempting to frame Trump supporters. Not joking.
How are they dealing with the fact that everyone arrested or having video evidence being there are Trumpies? Its not like these people are hiding themselves or their history!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
How are they dealing with the fact that everyone arrested or having video evidence being there are Trumpies? Its not like these people are hiding themselves or their history!
They acknowledge that some of them were Trump supporters but they No True Scotsman it by saying they aren't real Trump supporters because Real Trump Supporters are law abiding. If memory serves there so far has been a single person identified who appears to have had some antifa-y sympathies at some point in the past, and they point to this person as proof that antifa was behind the whole thing.

If your next question is why dozens and dozens of clear Trump supporters being involved somehow doesn't mean it was orchestrated by Trump supporters but a single antifa-y person means it was orchestrated by antifa well, we aren't exactly dealing with rational people here.

Feb 4, 2009
They acknowledge that some of them were Trump supporters but they No True Scotsman it by saying they aren't real Trump supporters because Real Trump Supporters are law abiding. If memory serves there so far has been a single person identified who appears to have had some antifa-y sympathies at some point in the past, and they point to this person as proof that antifa was behind the whole thing.

If your next question is why dozens and dozens of clear Trump supporters being involved somehow doesn't mean it was orchestrated by Trump supporters but a single antifa-y person means it was orchestrated by antifa well, we aren't exactly dealing with rational people here.

Yeah that’s pretty much where my deplorable’s are at.
I sort of agree because like BLM shit that gets out of hand Anarchists are attracted to these events. Where the Anarchist and where the MAGA tard overlap is tough to figure out.
Good news is my main bullshitter MAGA man is going to honor a $100 bet I made with him end summer where he said if shit goes down he will be in Washington.
Shit went down and he wasn’t in Washington. Dude we both know pointed it out.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah that’s pretty much where my deplorable’s are at.
I sort of agree because like BLM shit that gets out of hand Anarchists are attracted to these events. Where the Anarchist and where the MAGA tard overlap is tough to figure out.
Good news is my main bullshitter MAGA man is going to honor a $100 bet I made with him end summer where he said if shit goes down he will be in Washington.
Shit went down and he wasn’t in Washington. Dude we both know pointed it out.
The main difference between BLM protests and this is that while it’s true there was violence and destruction of property at BLM protests in many cases we genuinely don’t know who did it, so such an explanation is plausible. In the case of the Capitol insurrection we know exactly who did it because they filmed themselves doing it and bragged about it.

These people just live in a totally separate reality from the rest of us. Trump bragging on tape about sexually assaulting people doesn’t mean he sexually assaults people. Trump supporters filming themselves attacking the Capitol doesn’t mean Trump supporters attacked the Capitol.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Now if only Margie Greene gets implicated in this one way or another it would make my day as it would surely ruin hers.

And to all of you insurrectionists who thought it was one hell of an idea to storm the Capitol in order to give back to Donald what was stolen from him I ask you "what do you think of Donald now since he put you all up to this defense fund scheme of his and he still hasn't sent his lawyers out to you gratis for helping him scam you one last time?"

Very briefly I have actually felt sorry for them. Like an elderly person defrauded of their life savings by a swindler, they got took. The ultimate kick in the ass for these poor morons is the fact that he didn't pardon them. Why would he not pardon all of them? They are his base, his true believers, the loyal subjects. They pledged their fealty to him, withstood ridicule, the hate of the other side, all to do this for him. They travelled to right a yuge wrong, took time off work (haha), spent money on fast food to defend Democracy. All for the fact that DJT was screwed and is the truly anointed president for life!

Why didn't he pardon them? Could it be that DJT would be admitting to some guilt or responsibility himself if he did? Did Ghouliani actually have a lucid moment and advise DJT to save himself only? We'll never know, because they themselves probably don't remember, if put on a witness stand.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Facts don't matter to those engaged in conspiracy thinking. There's always another level down, another explanation to get around the inconvenient truth. A lot of us can look at the loony garbage like qAnon "beliefs" and wonder how functional adults can actually follow it (or flat earth, or young earth etc)...but they aren't going from point A to point Z. Incremental steps don't seem insane, it's only when you are outside of it that you can see how crazy it all is.

This country is ****ed. We have a huge percentage of citizens opposed to science and fact and with social media and tailored "news" I don't see it improving. Biden is a reprieve.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
He turned in footage after his coworker publicly identified him right?

“This man, with the glasses and mask, is Brian McCreary, my co-worker from Domino’s Pizza,” the caption read. The tweet has since received more than 82,000 likes."

Guessing he is not as innocent as he want you to believe he is.

"On Thursday, McCreary, a 33-year-old who lives in North Adams, was arrested and charged with two counts of illegal entry and three counts of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds."

Looks like this was covered. I shoudl have read the rest of the post before I chimed in.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

-Watson isn’t worried.

just lol
More of the "they made me do it" defense. And the are so many "theys".

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
More of the "they made me do it" defense. And the are so many "theys".
If your house looks like that you just might be 100% insane. His "we didn't do anything wrong until the police provoked us" defense does seems air tight.