The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Really? Jenny Cudd wants permission, to go on vacation? to Mexico? Prepaid (possibly by the PPP loan)?

all consequences for thee, and none for me!

She got permission to go to Mexico... :rolleyes:

The filing, obtained by USA TODAY, noted that Cudd has no prior criminal history and has remained in contact with her attorney and pretrial service officer, who had no objection to her proposed travel plan. Prosecutors took "no position" on the request.
A U.S. magistrate approved the request, ordering that her pretrial travel restrictions to be amended to allow the four-day trip.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Zorba and Shamrock

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I flipped through CNN, MSNBC, and Fox last night while the Capital police officer was being laid in state at the Capital. Fox did not carry it at all, can’t have any reminders of the insurrection, best to pretend it never happened.

Reactions: Viper1j

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Eh, this is a preliminary and AFAIK leaked statement from investigators so I wouldn't take the wording too seriously at this point. "Not enough evidence" can mean a lot of things. It's a legalistic way to frame it. "There is insufficient evidence he did anything wrong" in legal terms can mean the same thing as "he didn't do anything wrong" in common parlance. We'll see if federal prosecutors make a public statement later on and how they choose to frame it then.
I know it's the legally correct way of making this statement, however it is never framed that way when it's a random black person.
She got permission to go to Mexico... :rolleyes:

The white privilege continues, holy shit.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
So nice to be a little white girl.

Anybody here think a BLM protester could have received permission to travel across state lines for a family reunion?
Anybody here think a BPM insurrectionist would be out on bail?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I know it's the legally correct way of making this statement, however it is never framed that way when it's a random black person.

The white privilege continues, holy shit.

It wasn't really even a statement though. It was something leaked from behind the scenes which may even be a paraphrase. Like I said, wait until something is actually said to the public, then you can judge the statement apples to apples against statements made about officer conduct in situations where black people are shot. You may be right, but I think you're being premature.

Reactions: Zorba

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I flipped through CNN, MSNBC, and Fox last night while the Capital police officer was being laid in state at the Capital. Fox did not carry it at all, can’t have any reminders of the insurrection, best to pretend it never happened.

Blue lives matter, sometimes, just not as much as white lives

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yes. It upset me greatly. Murdochury needs to go.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I just read something about this, can't remember what, and it raised a good point - for its entire existence Fox has been a right wing propaganda network that has maintained a relatively good news division in order to give it credibility. Trump is forcing them to choose between the two though - I wonder which way it will go.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I just read something about this, can't remember what, and it raised a good point - for its entire existence Fox has been a right wing propaganda network that has maintained a relatively good news division in order to give it credibility. Trump is forcing them to choose between the two though - I wonder which way it will go.

Recent changes in staffing & programming indicate that they're doubling down on the crazy to hold their Trumpist audience.

Nov 17, 2019
I just read something about this, can't remember what, and it raised a good point - for its entire existence Fox has been a right wing propaganda network.
Not News. After St Ronni scrapped fairness, Rupie The Aussie created FAUX Snooze to further a right wing angle to counter CNN and MSNBC and capitalize on Lush's attacks on Bubba. The entire purpose of it was to be biased.

"The channel was created by Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch to appeal to a conservative audience, hiring former Republican media consultant and CNBC executive Roger Ailes as its founding CEO.[9][10] It launched on October 7, 1996,"

Reactions: Pohemi