The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 65 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Their "emotion" emerged from a false belief in conspiracy theories about the election. So I guess one could say that when people are emotional because they believe stupid things, they are bound to do stupid things.
It's all the same. The facts don't matter, the emotion is the driver. Anger and hate are the easiest to bring to the surface. Tribalism is far and away the best vehicle to move both of those forward.
None of the people that invaded the capitol had a battle plan, they weren't maneuvering to achieve a position with a goal and an exit strategy. It was just a mob expressing anger, it had to fail. The very best outcome they could hope for was taking some hostages, a long stand off, then surrendering. At worst they all die in a hail gunfire.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, my old cub scout troop could have devised and executed a better operation than the clowns that broke into the capitol.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
It's all the same. The facts don't matter, the emotion is the driver. Anger and hate are the easiest to bring to the surface. Tribalism is far and away the best vehicle to move both of those forward.
None of the people that invaded the capitol had a battle plan, they weren't maneuvering to achieve a position with a goal and an exit strategy. It was just a mob expressing anger, it had to fail. The very best outcome they could hope for was taking some hostages, a long stand off, then surrendering. At worst they all die in a hail gunfire.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, my old cub scout troop could have devised and executed a better operation than the clowns that broke into the capitol.

But the people who lied to them had a calculated political strategy. That, and the fact that critical thinking is virtually non-existent on the political right today, making their people easy to manipulate, was my point.

Last edited:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
A mob like that doesn't take hostages. If they had found literally anyone without a gun, they probably would have just beaten them to death. Hell, they did beat one of the guards to death.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Oh and I need to ask this and sorry if the question offends some people but what "Hammer" are we talking about?
Has anyone actually been convicted of sedition and sent to real prison?
And there are many that have been sitting in a cell without bail prior to their trial.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Ehhhh... running for what now?

anigif_sub-buzz-13011-1489759247-1.gif

From this article:
He has now decided to enter politics and run for state representative, he said Sunday, with the intention of unseating the Democrat Ann Kuster in the 2022 midterms, the channel reported.

Kuster, however, is not a state representative but rather a member of the US Congress.

"I thought Ann was a state representative?" he said, when the reporter Katherine Underwood corrected him.

"No," Underwood said. "So, a state representative is in the State House in Concord."

"Yeah, that's what Ann is," Riddle said.

When Underwood informed him that Kuster actually worked out of Washington, DC, Riddle said: "Well, I guess I've got to run against that then."

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
As you've been told many times, you are ignoring what actually happened that day. Sure many were caught up in the moment, many had a plan and attempted to carry it out.

Reactions: balloonshark

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
As you've been told many times, you are ignoring what actually happened that day. Sure many were caught up in the moment, many had a plan and attempted to carry it out.
No, I'm commenting on what actually happened that day. Nothing was changed, nothing was gained, nothing worth while was accomplished. Any plans vanished when they walked through the door. This was a riot, a group of stupid people doing stupid things.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No, I'm commenting on what actually happened that day. Nothing was changed, nothing was gained, nothing worth while was accomplished. Any plans vanished when they walked through the door. This was a riot, a group of stupid people doing stupid things.
Is this the "it wasn't attempted murder if they didn't succeed" defense? Am I interpreting you correctly?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
So because they only murdered police and not congressmen it was all meaningless and unplanned?

I suppose you feel the same about the battle of the bulge?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Because Trump summoned & exhorted them to do it using the Big Lie of the stolen election. He tried every trick in the book, including insurrection.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Huh?
According to statement from the US Capitol police, the New Jersey native joined the force in 2008. Sicknick was reportedly struck in the head with a fire extinguisher while “physically engaging” with the rioters. He collapsed soon after returning to his division before being rushed to a nearby hospital. Sicknick died on Thursday night after being removed from life support.

A reported 60 Capitol police officers were injured. According to the Democratic congressman Tim Ryan of Ohio, many were also hit in the head with metal pipes. More than a dozen remain hospitalized.

Sicknick’s death is being investigated as a homicide by federal and local authorities.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Oh, so it wasn't being clubbed with a fire extinguisher that killed him, it was someone bear spraying. Sorry, still counts as being beaten to death.
Remember he died of "natural causes".... induced by pepper spray and blunt force trauma.