The GOP Platform of 1956

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Heck, if I hated blacks I could just vote Democrat and accomplish my goals just fine. Democratic strongholds like Detroit and Camden NJ bring to mind African shithole dictatorships with their corruption and violence. Inner city pathology, crime, and lack of educational achievement rival rates seen in Haiti. And middle class and upper class folks in the nicer parts of cities with sizable inner city poor live in mortal fear of mass riots/uprisings, not that I really care that some Manhattanites get hanged by the mob. In absolutely no case have Democratic policies helped in any of these issues; indeed it's fairly clear to any objective viewer that their policies have made things demonstrably worse.

Truth is in this post. If you hate blacks and want to see them remain impoverished, vote democrat. They have successfully kept blacks down since 1776.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Northern Democrats actually called on Northern Soldiers to defect to the south or go AWOL during the civil war. I would have shot them for treason...but no one did.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Your whole strategy is to appeal to racist southern whites. And it continues to this day. I'm sorry you're too stupid to see this, but what can i expect from you when you can't even tell a fake parody news story from a real one.

And what is the Dem strategy?

Convince the masses that they are being discriminated against and that the golden road is over the next hill.

Deflect when they are presented with facts - blame the other guy.

You had 4 years of blaming the other guy instead of fixing the problems.

And you want another four years to pass the buck and accomplish what.
Higher taxes when taxes were promised to not hit the middle class.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Just because it didn't happen in Mayberry doesn't mean it didn't happen. People have always had sex, and birth control is a relatively new invention.
The mythical, all-white, 2.5 kids nuclear family 'moral' America you think used to be never existed. We did used to have people selling off their own children they'd created by raping their slaves, so I guess that's an American tradition we've let slip away from us somehow. We did used to have millions of children working 12+ hour days in textile mills and coal mines rather than go to school, so maybe we're letting that work ethic slip away.

chart_births_20070918.gif

Seems to me like if anything birth control leads to more out of wedlock births.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Remember when jobs paid an actual living wage and only one spouse had to work?

Yeah it was before feminists(liberals) pushed women to enter the workforce in sufficient numbers to drive up the workforce participation rate.

As Economics 101 will tell you this will lower the value for labor.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I already posted 2, are you retarded? Also see: conservatives still going on about Obama being a secret kenyan muslim. Which, not surprisingly, southern white conservatives are most susceptible to, according to polls.

You need to post to something that isn't older than most of the people on this forum and from a guy that didn't die over 20 years ago. BTW, Muslim is a religion, not a race.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Yeah it was before feminists(liberals) pushed women to enter the workforce in sufficient numbers to drive up the workforce participation rate.

As Economics 101 will tell you this will lower the value for labor.

You're the one who's failing econ 101. The idea that more people in the workforce makes us poorer is laughable, the labor market is not a zero sum game with a fixed number of jobs. Greater overall productivity is good for everyone.

The problem with nobodyknows's statement is that it's another Maryberry-esque fantasy of what the world used to be like. Back in the day the typical family lived in a much smaller house, had maybe one TV, had hand me down clothes as the norm, etc etc. You can still support a family on a single average middle class income in the US, it just means making financial sacrifices.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
I think that people are forgetting that "safety net" would've meant a very different thing in 1956. What they were referring to was probably preventing old people from eating dogfood, poor people dying outside of the ER because they couldn't pay, kids actually going hungry, etc etc.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You're the one who's failing econ 101. The idea that more people in the workforce makes us poorer is laughable, the labor market is not a zero sum game with a fixed number of jobs. Greater overall productivity is good for everyone.

Greater productivity and increase supply of labor are not the same. If productivity/worker is increasing then you need FEWER workers not more.

The problem with nobodyknows's statement is that it's another Maryberry-esque fantasy of what the world used to be like. Back in the day the typical family lived in a much smaller house, had maybe one TV, had hand me down clothes as the norm, etc etc. You can still support a family on a single average middle class income in the US, it just means making financial sacrifices.

This is also true. Although can you really call yourself middle class if everyone in your family does not have a smartphone? :D

Nov 29, 2006
Heck, if I hated blacks I could just vote Democrat and accomplish my goals just fine. Democratic strongholds like Detroit and Camden NJ bring to mind African shithole dictatorships with their corruption and violence. Inner city pathology, crime, and lack of educational achievement rival rates seen in Haiti. And middle class and upper class folks in the nicer parts of cities with sizable inner city poor live in mortal fear of mass riots/uprisings, not that I really care that some Manhattanites get hanged by the mob. In absolutely no case have Democratic policies helped in any of these issues; indeed it's fairly clear to any objective viewer that their policies have made things demonstrably worse.

Im not disagreeing with you at all, but what republican policies have helped the inner cities you just described? Im curious.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Im not disagreeing with you at all, but what republican policies have helped the inner cities you just described? Im curious.

I am not sure they even had a chance to do anything. Almost all (if not all) inner cities are dem controlled and have been for many decades.

EDIT: Though later I will do a search and see if I can find inner cities which have been rep controlled for decades and do a comparison. If someone wants to do it awhile and post it here, please do.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

GOP doesn't offer a lot either. Charter schools and/or education vouchers would be probably their most beneficial idea in a while. Welfare-to-work rules have arguably helped, although there are certainly times when these rules are counter-productive.

That being said, any good the Republicans have done with these is more than offset by their pet project "The War on Drugs." That's been as destructive, if not more so, than the liberalized welfare and Great Society programs championed by the Democrats.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I remember when Dems were Klan members.

But do you remember that it was Southern Dems who were Klan members. and Northern Dems held different views about that?

Or the fact that those southern Dems who couldn't get with the program went willingly into the welcoming arms of the Republicans. If only Republicans were still the party of Lincoln.

Back to the OP.

President Eisenhower was absolutely prescient when he warned us about letting the military industrial complex gain too much influence. His farewell address is still worth reading as an historical document.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
You need to post to something that isn't older than most of the people on this forum and from a guy that didn't die over 20 years ago. BTW, Muslim is a religion, not a race.

The whole idea is to make the 'black guy' look 'foreign' and 'unamerican'. It's disgusting race baiting. Oh and look at the disgusting and dishonest commercial romney put out about welfare and the work requirement, classic dog whistle politics trying to appeal to racists.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The whole idea is to make the 'black guy' look 'foreign' and 'unamerican'. It's disgusting race baiting. Oh and look at the disgusting and dishonest commercial romney put out about welfare and the work requirement, classic dog whistle politics trying to appeal to racists.

So welfare is only for black people? :hmm:

and still waiting

Feel free to point out which parts of the 2012 Republican Platform you feel are racist.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

There you go again.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
So welfare is only for black people? :hmm:

and still waiting

1) It's the dog whistle connection the GOP wants to make

2) Lee Atwater already explained it:

You start out in 1954 by saying, "N*****, N*****, N*****." By 1968 you can't say "N*****"&#8212;that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites.[36]
And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me&#8212;because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N*****, N*****".[7]

Sorry you can't read and comprehend.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
There you go again.

It's just part of the effort to force conservatives to shut the fuck up. Extremists like Phokus want any opposing view to be silenced and the speakers sent to the gulag. Nothing new. Here's a little dog whistle code book, enjoy.

If the left’s self-appointed Omniscient Diviners of True Meaning have their way, conservatives in the public square won’t be left with anything at all to say. Ever.

It’s a treacherous business exercising your freedom of speech in the age of Obama. As a public service, I present to you: “The 2012 Condensed Liberal Handbook of Racial Code Words.” Decoder rings, activate!

–Angry. On the campaign trail this summer, President Obama has become — in the words of the mainstream Associated Press — more “aggressive.” But don’t you dare call him “angry.” According to MSNBC host Toure, that’s racist!

–Chicago. The Obamas and their core team of astroturfers, pay-for-play schemers and powerbrokers hail from the Windy City. This is a simple geographic fact. But in progressive of pallor Chris Matthews’ world, it’s an insidious dog whistle. The frothing cable TV host attacked Republicans this week who have the gall to remind voters of the ruthless Chicago way.

–Experienced. A significant population of American voters believes that qualifications actually matter when running for the highest office in the land. Chilling, isn’t it? They might as well sport KKK hoods. In the judgment of one Basil Smikle of The Century Foundation, “experienced” is a dreaded “racial code word.”

–Food Stamp President. At the dawn of the modern federal food stamp program, one in 50 Americans was enrolled. This year, one in seven Americans is on the food stamp rolls. The majority of them are white. Obama’s loosening of eligibility requirements combined with the stagnant economy fueled the rise in dependency. “Food stamp president” is pithy shorthand for the very real entitlement explosion.

–Golf. This one’s a gobsmacker. Beltway barnacle Lawrence O’Donnell appeared on cable TV to decry Republicans who mention Obama’s frequent golf outings. He singled out Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s convention speech Wednesday night, which joked that Obama “was working to earn a spot on the PGA tour.” The warped racial radar of pasty Lawrence O interpreted this golf joke as “Obama equals Tiger Woods equals RACISM.”

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/08/31/the-condensed-liberal-handbook-of-racial-code-words/

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

39136910151133419454414.jpg

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
That's what Karl Rove's predecessor said. Deal with it.

Well if you are going to argue that tax cuts are racist because they disproportionally benefit whites.

Then I would assume you would also agree that medicare, social security, and medicaid are sexist since they disproportionally women :sneaky: