The "Golden Age" of ATOT

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
The golden age was before fusetalk.

/thread
//possible exception up to about mid 2002.
I have to admit, I had no idea you or Olds were mods, till the secret identity thing was compromised.

loved it!
I'm just stoked I turned someone on to The Parlor. I had forgotten about it for years, and happened upon it the other day. Good times indeed.

Last edited:

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I signed up in 05, but didn't fall into OT until 07 - 08. I have never seen these "golden ages"

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Back in 98-99 before all the WMC's joined along with the Kiddies and guys like H8Tank and Nowhereman were regular posters (before they were banned)

Now it's mostly brainless drivel here.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Back in 98-99 before all the WMC's joined along with the Kiddies and guys like H8Tank and Nowhereman were regular posters (before they were banned)

Now it's mostly brainless drivel here.

Ahh, I remember the WMC event. Much whining ensued.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Yeah I think they ruined it by splitting off P&N... it was way more fun when we could thrash each other politically in one thread, and receive love advice from the same people in the same forum. I've been around here for a while... still haven't hit lifer status though... pretty sad.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Yeah I think they ruined it by splitting off P&N... it was way more fun when we could thrash each other politically in one thread, and receive love advice from the same people in the same forum. I've been around here for a while... still haven't hit lifer status though... pretty sad.

What I said and me neither.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=30373356&postcount=47

A kinder, gentler time.
I argued with Harvey one time and felt so bad all night I had to get up early to post an apology to him.
Seems like people today harbor ill feelings a long time. I think a separate P&N might add to that.