The "Golden Age" of ATOT

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I am feeling nostalgic for back when I first ventured in here. A time when there were already so many ATOT memes, I had to either search, or wait for some kind soul, to explain what was going on.

In the spirit of that time, I submit for your edification, a true classic of the era http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmDPdCzCfFM&feature=related

As hard as it is to imagine, some of you have likely never seen this before. I hope you enjoy it, as much as I did, the first time I saw it.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Golden Age = 2004-2006?

I just started posting around then, and even remember that guy who supposedly went gay to buy two video cards. Classic.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Golden Age = 2004-2006?
Entirely a matter of opinion. Some of the legendary stuff happened before my join date, and there are those (who must not be named ;) ) who feel the golden age had ended by that time.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Golden age was around 2002.
That is how I feel.

I was here!

Jerboy was the golden age.
I do not know if he posted it here or not; but the rant about tripping on the sidewalk and wanting to sue the store was a classic. I know he posted it at Danny's old forums bitd. Many lulz were had over that thread.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I too will go with 2002ish... 2002-2004 sounds about right.
When the rules were tighter too.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I too will go with 2002ish... 2002-2004 sounds about right.
When the rules were tighter too.
That is a great point. They had to be clever about how they trolled back then; Now it is shooting fish in a barrel. :(

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
That is a great point. They had to be clever about how they trolled back then; Now it is shooting fish in a barrel. :(

Oh I've made the comment observation many times... when they relxaed the rules is when the downhill momentum gained serious speed. I still love my AT, but I started here because it was the one, fairly civilized place on the web (still is by many standards I guess).

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Oh I've made the comment observation many times... when they relxaed the rules is when the downhill momentum gained serious speed. I still love my AT, but I started here because it was the one, fairly civilized place on the web (still is by many standards I guess).
I think most of us that joined before the "kinder, gentler" policy feel that way.

Which brings another great memory to the surface: Posting somewhere that banned AOL! :awe:

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
The golden age was before that infamous 9/11 thread.

9/11 may have been the death of the old "Fun" ATOT.

Soon after came P&N, and that didnt seem to save OT, theres still so much arguing and bashing going on.(look no further than the constant religious debates)

Back in 1999-2001 this place was hilarious, it seemed like it was ALL comedy ALL the time. I remember flipping through threads with tears rolling down my face at some of the funny shit going on.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
golden age was back when valueamerica came about, and AT Hot Deals pretty much put them outta business ... hahahahaha ...

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
9/11 may have been the death of the old "Fun" ATOT.

Soon after came P&N, and that didnt seem to save OT, theres still so much arguing and bashing going on.(look no further than the constant religious debates)

Back in 1999-2001 this place was hilarious, it seemed like it was ALL comedy ALL the time. I remember flipping through threads with tears rolling down my face at some of the funny shit going on.

Hardest I ever laughed at any thread was the "describe your most recent bowel movement with a movie title." By the time I got to "Sideways," my stomach was hurting. Then the thread got locked. :(

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
When I first "tuned in", I had been nowhere online that had such a great mix of the best of the internets, and the best of the members. I no longer needed to search for hours looking for what was worthwhile on the webs; just come here and check the threads. If it was worthy, it was here.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Hardest I ever laughed at any thread was the "describe your most recent bowel movement with a movie title." By the time I got to "Sideways," my stomach was hurting. Then the thread got locked. :(

I remember that thread. :D