The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
got a 3d printer.
have been doing home projects i could never do before. the kids love it too. taught them how to design using the free tinkercad.com and i think they are addicts now too.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Every plumbing job is basically a three tripper unless you've done it before.

I replaced my kitchen sink and faucet (first time) with just a single trip to Home Depot!

EDIT: Actually, the next day I needed to go to the local hardware store for a couple of PVC sections. But that's still just two trips total.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I was up all night rebuilding and reconfigurating 3 computers, i worked from like 8pm till like 4am. My main went from a 7700k to a 3900x. I then the 7700k went to friend who has been using a 2500k i gave her back in 2012. That 2500k then replaced a i3 2100 pc and it got a ssd upgrade!.

Reactions: Zanovar

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just reading about all these upgrades is making me want to upgrade my rig even though I have a pretty powerful one (in my sig). I don't even PC game much anymore, instead using a console, so there is literally no driving factor for me to want to upgrade except pure consumerism. Oy.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Just reading about all these upgrades is making me want to upgrade my rig even though I have a pretty powerful one (in my sig). I don't even PC game much anymore, instead using a console, so there is literally no driving factor for me to want to upgrade except pure consumerism. Oy.

I dont game much lateley.I have a blast when my nephews are down.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
This afternoon, after I finally got the last few parts I needed, I installed a GTX 1650 low-profile (MSI) card, and 16GB of DDR3-1600 (Patriot Viper) into this Haswell i5-4590 SFF (HP) I picked up cheap, and I had previously (a day or two ago), put in a 480GB TeamGroup GX1 SATA6G 2.5" SSD, and put Win10 Home 1909 on it. (SFF came with Win10 Home product code sticker.)

Was looking to sell the box (Edit: locally, or to friends / family), which should be good for gaming (*well, mostly, other than being 4C/4T... maybe gaming up to 2018 games). Maybe $450-500? At least $450, my time has to be worth a little something. The parts were around $400-420.

Oh, I've got parts for two of these rigs. I have yet to try the other SFF. The RAM, GPU, and SSD are all BNIB, so they should be OK.

Reactions: Zanovar

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Every plumbing job is basically a three tripper unless you've done it before.
It's going to 4 I guess. Leaking at the seal between the tank and the bottom. Can't see where because the gap is so small. I thought the old seal (hard rubber) was in good shape - maybe it's too hard (yes, yes, I know - that's what she said).

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Been playing Dying Light. I put in 9 hours last night. Damn, that game is addictive.

Another thing I''ve been doing is watching Marily Monroe documentaries. Her death was very tragic. Did the Kennedys do it? Supposedly she had an affair with both Robert and John. Was the mob involved? What about her psychiatrist? Why was Marilyn's maid washing her bed sheets at 12am on the day of her death. It just goes on. Started reading the investigations concerning her death. I was on Wiki. I watched a few of her movies. Very old interviews she did in her mid-20s. I know a few will disagree with me, but I thought she was a very attractive woman. That smile. But, her eyes were very sad. And, her voice. You could just tell that she was lonely. I then listed to Candle in the Wind. Watched Elton's take on Marilyn. I went down the internet rabbit hole I guess. lol... I thought that this video was very interesting.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
This my main rig as of late last night, gonna be another sleepless night it looks like! :) I just finished up this, it does need more ram so i could push BOINC to 95% cpu usage instead of 75%. BOINC uses tons of memory and if i don't limit it then things get all screwy.

Edit: added better picture

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Rib eyes cooking. Marinated with oil, balsamic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Seared then finished in teh oven. Quarantine life briefly not so bad.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

Join the future man:

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Another thing I''ve been doing is watching Marily Monroe documentaries. Her death was very tragic. Did the Kennedys do it? Supposedly she had an affair with both Robert and John. Was the mob involved? What about her psychiatrist? Why was Marilyn's maid washing her bed sheets at 12am on the day of her death. It just goes on. Started reading the investigations concerning her death. I was on Wiki. I watched a few of her movies. Very old interviews she did in her mid-20s. I know a few will disagree with me, but I thought she was a very attractive woman. That smile. But, her eyes were very sad. And, her voice. You could just tell that she was lonely. I then listed to Candle in the Wind. Watched Elton's take on Marilyn. I went down the internet rabbit hole I guess. lol... I thought that this video was very interesting.

She used to build drones before she got famous:

drone.jpg

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I wish I could play Read Dead Redemption for the first time again. I really miss that game.

I used to fire it up just to bum around, gamble, hunt, play horseshoes, whatever. One night I spent hours just practicing lassoing people.

It's the perfect game for a quarantine. RDR 2 isn't for me.