The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
For the life of me I could not find this thread the other day when trying to search.

So I finished my crawlspace walls. I had previously framed so I insulated and vapour barried it earlier in winter, then more recently drywalled, plastered, and painted.

Was not really going for perfection and I messed up a lot with the drywall part but it's good enough. Plan is to put shelving units in there and organize stuff way better than just putting it on the ground. But I will do my garage first so I can have a proper area to work in when building the shelves.

Looks like enough room for Shorty to jump around on a trampoline!

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Looks like enough room for Shorty to jump around on a trampoline!

sza128t.gif

Reactions: snoopy7548

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Finished the tree, rest I will hire out, as it will be way easier to put those branches through a wood chipper anyway. If it ends up being a couple hundred it will be well worth it.

Next project is my deck. Been wanting to work on that since last year and something always comes up on my days off or the weather ends up sucking (ex: rain). Right now it's been brutal hot so not exactly pleasant to work in but better than rain.

Reactions: purbeast0

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Finished the tree, rest I will hire out, as it will be way easier to put those branches through a wood chipper anyway. If it ends up being a couple hundred it will be well worth it.

Next project is my deck. Been wanting to work on that since last year and something always comes up on my days off or the weather ends up sucking (ex: rain). Right now it's been brutal hot so not exactly pleasant to work in but better than rain.

I can't find your reflection in the window. Are you a ginger vampire?! :eek:

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Sorry wrong thread lol. Please delete last few posts if possible mods, went to post in here by accident over the Jesus thread.

Last edited:

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I'm wishing I was working from home again. Our numbers are skyrocketing since we've opened back up. To the point I've been told the Public Health Dept. doesn't have the staff to count recoveries anymore. My county is handling this ass-backwards IMO.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wait it's that bad in the US and they're already getting people to work back in the office? Even here we're mostly still working from home with only one person in the office on rotation. (wish it was at home 100% but they refuse).

They told us to expect to work from home at least until end of summer. Though it will be interesting to see what stage 3 entails, we're suppose to hear more about it soon I think.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Our county was fortunate enough to not get hit hard initially. We started opening up mid June and our numbers were less than 50 active cases. As of yesterday, we have 1700 active, and 1000+ "probable active" in the last 14 days. My town of 5k had 6 active cases before we opened, we're at 50+ here now. It's like we opened and covid magically disappeared. In reality, we opened, and people got complacent. I remind my 21 yr old stepson and his gf everyday they go out to stay vigilant and wear the mask, social distance etc. when they go out. Lately I've been telling them not to go out at all unless they need to (they don't, they both live at home since college isn't in session anymore).

Reactions: Muse

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Forgot to take a picture at the very start but updating the Builder Boring half bath. Cheapo mirror and sconces taken down
gMw8alS.jpg

Inital painting:
TpZTFpZ.jpg

Just need a mirror and toilet paper holder
FknehEk.jpg

o3jYmNF.jpg

Reactions: Red Squirrel

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
If that is how you tape with a laser level, I want to see you tape without it.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Heh I was expecting a comment. Since it was hidden by a 3.5" chair railing we didn't need to be all that accurate

Why even tape? Install chair rail, paint top half. Done. Chair rail makes it easy to paint without tape, if you know how to cut in.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Why even tape? Install chair rail, paint top half. Done. Chair rail makes it easy to paint without tape, if you know how to cut in.
So we know approximately how far down to paint easily. Didn't want to accidentally slope down below what would be covered by the chair rail and we were already taping the floor

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I have a million things to do at home. I don't GAF about going anywhere and won't. My shopping is all online or done for me (i.e. food). I'm setting up my workout space in my largest bedroom, where I have a set of exercise bands and a bike trainer. Got my first jump rope yesterday, trying to figure out what length I'm going to cut it to and how/where to use it. I'm growing veges in the yard and eating them. I have 25+ great, great books to read. I have a ton of movies, etc. to watch (triple figures mine, and I get them from the library, my only foray into the megalopolis for outdoors pickup and return). I don't want to be with people but am in some of my dreams. Some great some suck.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
At LBI down at the Jersey shore this week with family. It's very relaxing
ee652cc334c13ca64ddd4a140302a544.jpg
c946b9e34e1a8899449412187c5782eb.jpg

I'm envious. Even that picture is relaxing. I can almost feel the sea air.

Generally the virus lockdown is making me envious of anyone near anywheree vaguely rural. For me the countryside is just something you see on Google Streetview.