The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Giants doing well in this draft so far so that's nice. Tomorrow gonna drive into manhattan with my bike and a mask and gloves and ride around a bit and take pics of all the 'abandoned' landmarks. Will maintain social distancing.

What do you get when you put ten tight ends together?

Answer: The Chicago Bears roster.

Seriously - after drafting a TE with their first pick they now have TEN TEs.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Back from work, was a interesting day. Ventura is a odd town very liberal with mixed bag results on the mask deal. Some places like stores require a form of mask, then Lowes were we went to pick up PVC pipe and materials we both worn masks in and oddly while that store had social limiting in place for the lines, NOT a single employee wore a mask and i kept getting stared at in my KN95. I saw a entire group of employees huddled behind a counter about 4 of them NOT giving a shit about the social distancing. Met some dude on fill up for gas, saw the hammer of thor around his neck got brave asked if he was pagan and he responded by showing the most badass tattoo of Thor i ever seen on his arm. Told him i was one as well, shared my beliefs he said awesome and i was on my way :) The odds of meeting another pagan is ballpark 1 in 300 given our known numbers in the USA and he was my first so i was hyped as shit.Pictures as promised below.....

My favorite spot to pull over for a break, feels so awesome and like i am at the top of the world. Never heard a silence so eerie yet peaceful :) I mediated and prayed then got back in the car and was on my way. :)

Then this place here on my way home i have buried my foot and went 117 in a 95 civic, 115 or so in a 67 dart 4 door slant six then buried the entire 120 speedometer then some on a 1965 newport 2 door 383 with a eldelbrock high rpm intake manifold and matching set 750 cfm carb :) No worries, i only did this super late so not a single car has been found coming other way on the many trips i floored my cars here. Awesome spot for drag race/quarter mile perhaps? I think so obviously :)

Looks like i need to do more work tomorrow but got everything today for tomorrow so besides going to work same time, honestly i have ZERO reason to stop this time for nothing. I go straight to work, do my hours then come home its really that simple. Hope you guys enjoy the shots. :)

Edit: Interesting as well, that Lowes visit was my first big store visit since the 3rd of the month....I saved the kn95 JUST for such a occasion. I got nearly judged in the mask with the looks out in Ventura , very sorry if your too stupid to realize the danger there you stupid fucking idiots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
You were cooking meth in a camper right?

OH GOD I LOVE YOU, thank you i was in such a god awful mood but you made me laugh. Blessings sir/mam, yeah i got zero sleep and ate shit in the last day out of pure fear and terror of a best friend who has essentially in theory wished death on me last night cause i support a closed economy and the usage of masks while he has no regards nor cares. SO yay on top of no food, sleep and feeling sore from yesterday i work today then move a ton of shit solo to my new location this eveing. I would love to eat but the thought of food has me wanting to puke cause lack of indica currently and my nearly 2 month long hypomania episode.

Sorry for the mellow dramatics, i am serious you put a smile on my face when nothing since yesteday sir/mam. Yes i loved Breaking Bad, it was a awesome show. Thanks again for the pick me up :) I REALLY needed it. Also cooking meth in a 5 speed 97 corolla that belongs to this piece of shit "friend" would prob not work out all that well :D

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
OH GOD I LOVE YOU, thank you i was in such a god awful mood but you made me laugh. Blessings sir/mam, yeah i got zero sleep and ate shit in the last day out of pure fear and terror of a best friend who has essentially in theory wished death on me last night cause i support a closed economy and the usage of masks while he has no regards nor cares. SO yay on top of no food, sleep and feeling sore from yesterday i work today then move a ton of shit solo to my new location this eveing. I would love to eat but the thought of food has me wanting to puke cause lack of indica currently and my nearly 2 month long hypomania episode.

Sorry for the mellow dramatics, i am serious you put a smile on my face when nothing since yesteday sir/mam. Yes i loved Breaking Bad, it was a awesome show. Thanks again for the pick me up :) I REALLY needed it. Also cooking meth in a 5 speed 97 corolla that belongs to this piece of shit "friend" would prob not work out all that well :D

I can't imagine manual labour with a mask. I have enough trouble with wearing mask period while out and about as it is. Keeps fogging up my glasses.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I can't imagine manual labour with a mask. I have enough trouble with wearing mask period while out and about as it is. Keeps fogging up my glasses.

Oh sorry, the mask is for when i go out in public i got a kn95 and spare in my wallet, working with a septic tank possibly we got some weird things going on with flooding but its not septic yet might be but got shower plugged but its not leading pipe wise to the leak its very weird . Gonna have to dig a MASSIVE hole to find out the mystery with my boss we work alone so we trust each other quite a bit, he called me his brother yesterday :) Should be fun, gonna ruin my shoes but i needed a reason to get sandals anyways. :D

Edit: maybe after 3d printer/pc platform upgrade this month i could afford some nice steel toes boots, if i am doing this kind of work slip resistant shoes will work in a pinch but this mess WOW. Off to work, have a good evening sir/mam :) Thanks for the pick me up again.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I'm B O R E D.

I'm thinking about starting a game of Daggerfall. I guess its free on Bethesda's website and runs fine on any system. A game map the size of England.

I could race again the coronavirus to see if I can finish the main plot before the stay at home stuff gets lifted.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I'm B O R E D.

I'm thinking about starting a game of Daggerfall. I guess its free on Bethesda's website and runs fine on any system. A game map the size of England.

I could race again the coronavirus to see if I can finish the main plot before the stay at home stuff gets lifted.

There's plenty to do! Earlier this morning I went grocery shopping, then I went for a run. I'm finishing up lunch, and pretty soon I'll probably take a nap!

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Nap. I've done that.

Gaffigan has a funny routine about showers that's very relatable for me right now.

Have you ever woken up and thought "I need to take a shower today"
Then throughout the day you keep telling yourself "I really need to take a shower"
The you finally take a shower and walk around feeling a real sense of accomplishment.
"I took a shower today!"

"Ok. Time for bed."

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Broke out an old anti-fog wipe from my ski-bag ... helped a lot with this issue!

:)

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Idk what it is about that spot i made a video for, i ran into someone who knew my goddess but was not pagan, then on the way home same spot i ran into someone from france who lived out in los angeles. Both sets of very nice people just enjoying nature,tons of people up in the mountains it was wild never seen so many.

Got home,packed the car got back out here stopped for some indica and man not sure if i was in a alternate reality but there must have been nearly 20 people outside that shop, i was the only one wearing a mask not kidding. I got looks for sure. I came back here and asked my "new" roomie if there was such a thing as the virus and she confirmed. I never seen so many people huddled up without masks yet...besides lines at walmart.

Set up the room got so damn baked that you have called me sarah lee by the time another friend brought his galaxy gold 500 cart vape to share with my hubby bar . Was so sore and tired, i got a easy 7 hours of sleep. That hardly happens. Looks like work on tuesday, idk what the people in the 1940s were smoking by putting a septic tank way down below, but oddly covering it up in asphalt. Now need to jackhammer that and i guess go from there.

Last edited:

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I was flipping channels and saw that there is a simulated NASCAR race on right now, so I've been watching a little.

You know what? To someone like me who isn't a follower of NASCAR there is literally NO DIFFERENCE between watching this and watching a real race.

It's all exactly the same, just digital. The fact that the drivers don't have to worry about wrecking a real car probably makes it more exciting. There's been lots of crashes and spinouts.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Went with friend to get her some food, she had little and like me waiting on stimulus. On my way into the store some lady was selling $5 washable cloth masks so i picked one up. Looks to be of considerable quality and she had a nice assortment of them. I got a dark blue one, i will wash it prior to using cause who knows who has touched it when it was slipped into that bag it came in. Got one more use perhaps out of the kn95 then i could wash the new one with my next load of laundry. I think we both good till the 1st so i will do laundry prior to then.

Would something like tide pods/arm n hammer pods be sufficient for washing them with a load of laundry or would something a bit more serious be needed? I heard that you wash more or less the same as usual but you put it on a longer drying cycle as that would kill any infections? I use the pods, the arm n hammer ones are good bang for buck and the clothes come out smelling good.

Maybe i should inject the mask with disinfectant first LOL. Yeah i am in aww over that STILL.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
By a coincidence I was watching Breaking Bad today.
I finally finished off season 1 which I started a while back, and began Season 2 this evening. Its not quite as good as everyone says but its better than a lot of crap.
In my opinion it has simple stories stretched out to fill an hour but I am still enjoying myself.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
On my way into the store some lady was selling $5 washable cloth masks so i picked one up. Looks to be of considerable quality and she had a nice assortment of them.

Nice ... would like to find someone like that local to me only have a few more single-use masks on-hand.

Would something like tide pods/arm n hammer pods be sufficient for washing them with a load of laundry or would something a bit more serious be needed?

Plain old soap and warm/hot water will pretty much do the trick with only a brief hand wash so any detergent should be more then sufficient in a washing machine cycle.

Reactions: mopardude87

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was flipping channels and saw that there is a simulated NASCAR race on right now, so I've been watching a little.

You know what? To someone like me who isn't a follower of NASCAR there is literally NO DIFFERENCE between watching this and watching a real race.

It's all exactly the same, just digital. The fact that the drivers don't have to worry about wrecking a real car probably makes it more exciting. There's been lots of crashes and spinouts.

That sounds interesting, so like do they have real drivers in some kind of simulator?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Bothering more wildlife.
elf_owl_2020_04_26.jpg

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
That sounds interesting, so like do they have real drivers in some kind of simulator?

Yeah, they have the guys in driving simulators.

I was almost thinking to myself "Why even have the real thing? If you don't look too closely it looks EXACTLY the same, down to the last detail."

I've developed a real, new-found respect for women who keep their kitchens spotless at all times. How TF do they do it?

Ever since I cleaned mine I've made a concerted effort to keep it as clean as possible and I'm failing. I've spent 20-30 minutes (or more) every day cleaning and tidying up the damn thing and every day it still gets messed up. If I get lazy and miss a day it quickly looks like it did before.

There's always something kind of mess, dishes to wash, dishes to rinse and put in the dishwasher, mopping and sweeping to do, things to put away properly, fingerprints on the stainless steel to clean off, range top to clean etc.

I've known guys who kept a pretty clean kitchen but they're all gay. I just don't have it.