The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Haha that extension cord was rigged that way by the concrete guy while it was still wet, since he needed to power the polisher after.

Now I just use it to hang peop- to plug in the car in winter.

There's actually a pretty cool dungeon right under the garage actually.

I need to put a drain grate in the garage that leads to it. Everything floats down here!

Reactions: snoopy7548

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
FYI - Home Depot is doing curbside pickup. Download the app, order, then they'll message you when your order is ready.

The lines were wrapping around to the garden center at my local HD!

Haha yeah. Once I start a project, my bench and everything is a mess. I'm in the middle of some projects, but I've shelved those until I can get a few other things done, so everything is nice and neat for now.

The garage isn't conditioned, but it is insulated (and the living room is above it, and the basement is off to the left) so it's not bad working in there in the winter.

Here's my work area:

View attachment 19851

I just got my WEN hung up! Electrical & lighting are done. Next step is running ventilation for the 3D printing, CNC, and laser.

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Dubbed by authorities as "The Nut Man", he supposedly trained a group of squirrels to lure children into what has been described as a "stone-walled dungeon filled with acorns and extension cords."
Good thing he does not live near the highway of tears; I'd have to drop a proverbial dime on his ass.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
To take it even further, the "cross" is really just Mjölnir standing on its handle.

rune-Mjollnir-amulet.jpg

Yeah i did much reading today about the hijacking of many pagan holidays. This right here is a eye opener to all the control religion has as a entirely.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
This quarantine is becoming a bit of a mental drain. First world problems for sure.

I have found spirituality which i never had in my 33 years of being on this green earth. I will take any pro from a con any day. I always believe there is a pro out of every con, you just need to look past all the negativity. For example the Ozone layer is already resetting itself with people home, i am getting tons more rain then usual and also i drove thru la traffic 5 North during 4-5pm and zero traffic. A first since 1983 according to my friend. If you know the 5 North, that thing is bumper to bumper about 4pm.

Just find more positive things if you can, this is coming from someone dealing with anxiety and a thing called Hypomania. :) I suggest some Indica and some relaxing music, its perfect for those down and out moments. Sometimes enjoying a bit of nature REALLY helps. Try a hot shower perhaps? I meditate quite often using a hot shower, nothing feels as amazing as that not even sex. Its another experience.

Blessed be and hoping ya cheer up soon! :)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
So my rental just banned smokers (BBQ). I can't even use my electric plug-in smoker. They banned charcoal last year.

I need to move.
Whole place oughta burn to the ground for that. Charcoal, I can see, but even electric smokers?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Finished up all the wiring in my cabinet tonight and tested everything out and all is good.

Took all the boards out to get the new wires put in and to test them out singly before doing the final mounting process and screwing down the top board. Keep in mind that Maximum Force / Area 51 duo is on the top board so it's not below.

bwL8nLs.jpg

Left to right is:

Police Trainer
Carnevil
Lethal Enforcers
Invasion
Deer Hunter

You may notice Carnevil has some extra wires. I have a volume up/down wire to that and am keeping it there since you navigate the test menu with those buttons. I can hook it into my JAMMA harness whenever I need to go in there so that will make it easier if I have to get into there. I also wired up the video sync directly from the interface board to the I/O board where it needs it.

Here's all 5 boards installed.

b7wyIDr.jpg

And here is a pic of everything hooked up and the final look of everything. I am very happy with how the wiring and cable management came out. I mean it is a shitload of wires.

gXAPdGf.jpg

And here is a little closeup pic of the switcher with all 6 games plugged in. I think the sleeved IDE cables definitely make it less crowded there.

iLpc3r8.jpg

Tomorrow I will try to get a video of it in it's home spot once I clean up everything and put it back where it belongs. And then this project will be over for now, until I get some more games and swap one out.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Something I've been meaning to do for quite some time is to update some of the computer-related guides I've written for my customers, particularly the ones that I drop in a desktop folder on every computer I do a Windows install on. Thankfully I've been freaking busy with my business for quite some time, and now this enforced downtime gives me a chance to catch up.

I decided to work on my guide called 'Handling a misbehaving computer', and a section about Task Manager talks about how Windows needs about 13 processes to run properly... hum. It's been a while since I gave this guide a complete overhaul :D

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
trying to distract myself from the main family project, holding a vigil for my niece while social distancing. It is somewhat successful.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
My new setup with tower,did a few little things to give it another atmosphere. :) Hoping with a 3700x upgrade with new ram, i could add a bit more rgb to the build as well :) Found a rgb mousepad like this right here....

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I made a video showcasing the multi cabinet for the arcade forum I frequent but thought I'd post it here since some of you may find it cool. My son decided to hit up Rush 2049 while I was recording it.

Reactions: mopardude87

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I made a video showcasing the multi cabinet for the arcade forum I frequent but thought I'd post it here since some of you may find it cool. My son decided to hit up Rush 2049 while I was recording it.

Your son is terrible at Rush 2049!

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
This is my quarantine battlestation. Got my schiit and burson high end dac/amp combo there, a turntable, ps4, headphones galore....View attachment 19980

You did it up just right :) I only see one problem unless its not in the shot. Where in the hell is the mini fridge? I see so many " man caves" but i never see the damn mini fridges lol. Oh idk why but that tree thing is looking awesome to me too. Nice deco.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You did it up just right :) I only see one problem unless its not in the shot. Where in the hell is the mini fridge? I see so many " man caves" but i never see the damn mini fridges lol. Oh idk why but that tree thing is looking awesome to me too. Nice deco.

I live in a 700 sq foot 2BR condo so the fridge is not that far away lol :D

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
First time in 20 years since i was 13 did i do anything like this but i ultimately got to work setting up the first of possibly 2 plots. Back one needs a busted fence removed before i could do that. When i was finished, i laid down my 1884-0 morgan silver dollar in hopes of driving any negative energy/spirits mainly due to a half dead rose bush that got pruned as well. I prayed to my goddess and by the time i was done with that i never felt so happy. I got blessed cause stuff like this kills my back but not even as much as discomfort and i moved a TON of stuff. Fresh top soil with compose from a old plow mixed in now, plowed about 7 inches deep in the designated spot. :)

Not gonna lie, nothing feels as good nor as rewarding as this. I only hope i got it still :) Gonna leave it alone to breathe a week, toss it again then in about maybe another week start planting some seeds. Mostly gonna be herbs hopefully some indica but those seeds may be impossible. :( will see :p