The clasic definition of a fool is somebody who, after 8 years of the worst disaster in American history,

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: shira
Originally posted by: MoonbeamI'm smarter than you because I unlearned more than you'll ever know.
If there were someone on ATPN who's unlearned more than even you've unlearned, how would you ever know it? Presumably, you'd be unable to recognize their unlearnedness, since they'd be operating at a level you'd be unable to comprehend.

I never took you for a Zen Master, shira.

edit: botched switch

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: daniel49
Originally posted by: alchemize
I remember when Moonbeam was railing about Kerry voted for the war, he's a POS, etc.

And then of course his partisanship took over and of course he became a full supporter for and voted for Kerry.

Nothing different here. He's a partisan democrat who likes to think he is a modern day socrates. Most see through his bullshit.

Me, well McCain definitely reset my expectations today with Palin. Romney would have set me on a 3rd party or obama path. Now we have a race.

You have grasped the pebble from his hand grasshopper.
You are now ready to vote.:moon:

Here we have the fool who quotes from popular culture and imagines himself a wit as if some corn ball illusion equated to having something to say.

Here we have a wretc:moon:hed human who hides behind a role of enlightenment as if he were an actor wearing the poorly fitted beard or hairpiece..

He imagines himself handsome, yet others see him only as a clown.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I remember when Moonbeam was railing about Kerry voted for the war, he's a POS, etc.

And then of course his partisanship took over and of course he became a full supporter for and voted for Kerry.

Nothing different here. He's a partisan democrat who likes to think he is a modern day socrates. Most see through his bullshit.

Me, well McCain definitely reset my expectations today with Palin. Romney would have set me on a 3rd party or obama path. Now we have a race.

You have grasped the pebble from his hand grasshopper.
You are now ready to vote.:moon:

Here we have the fool who quotes from popular culture and imagines himself a wit as if some corn ball illusion equated to having something to say.

Here we have a wretc:moon:hed human who hides behind a role of enlightenment as if he were an actor wearing the poorly fitted beard or hairpiece..

He imagines himself handsome, yet others see him only as a clown.

If you knew anything at all you would begin to appreciate the fact that one of the characteristis of the enlightened is that they are considered to be clowns and fools by those who truly are.

It is the nature of fools, if they are confronted with the fact that their words are foolishly empty, that they will rush to provide more empty words to prove it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Originally posted by: shira
Originally posted by: MoonbeamI'm smarter than you because I unlearned more than you'll ever know.
If there were someone on ATPN who's unlearned more than even you've unlearned, how would you ever know it? Presumably, you'd be unable to recognize their unlearnedness, since they'd be operating at a level you'd be unable to comprehend.

I never took you for a Zen Master, shira[]/b].

I saw his question as a theoretical speculation arising out of a potential conviction of merit to an assumption that is something he knows. Since I don't make that assumption I didn't see a reason to speculate. When you don't know anything how are you going to compare one's personal not knowing anything with another's?

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Worst disaster in american history?

Civil war dead.......620,000 dead.....
World War II.........418,000 dead.....
Vietnam War.........58,000 dead......
Great Depression....32,000 businesses went bankrupt and over 5000 banks failed.....

I could go on and on. The last 8 years haven't been great by any stretch of the imagination, but this country has suffered and overcome much, much worse......:roll:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Jmman

Great Depression....32,000 businesses went bankrupt and over 5000 banks failed.....

I could go on and on. The last 8 years haven't been great by any stretch of the imagination, but this country has suffered and overcome much, much worse......:roll:

This disaster is ongoing.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
It's not about a goal and it never has been. It's about their team beating your team. Or your team beating their team.

The point is, it's tribal regressivism. Everyone's picked their tribe or opted out of the fight altogether, with the majority going to the latter category (recall that only 1/3rd of America actually votes on election day).

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999

I asked you before, and you went Moonie again....can you answer this? What specifically is this "disaster" you keep referring to?

I'm just a simple Midwesterner...please, be specific for me....

Thanks.

Chuck

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

And you're going to continue voting for the people who created it.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Hmmmm, another Moontroll post.

I read it and I see that his journey to the dark side is complete.

Years ago he posted about love and the human condition (in a style that highly suggested recreational drugs).

Today, he is just another partisan hack. Right down to the McSame comment.

My prediction is that he will vote Republican 4 years from now.

Michael

g8wayrebel

Nov 15, 2004
OP,
Probably the same mental defect that keeps others voting in hopes to get the gravy to go with that biscuit the Dem's have been providing for 55+ years. The same mentality that lets people believe they have to depend on the Democrats for most aspects of their lives.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
What makes you guys think Obama would makes things O'different for the better? Last 8 years have been great for me.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Op starts with telling us anyone who disagrees with him is a fool. Then calls everyone who disagrees with him on anything a fool, just in his asinine attempt at psychobabble.

A partisan hack with a twist, how exciting. You're like the democrat Tucker Carlson. Wow, you wear a bowtie :roll:

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: JS80
What makes you guys think Obama would makes things O'different for the better? Last 8 years have been great for me.

Yup. It's all about you.

I look around everyone and their mother has a cell phone, ipod, xbox, nintendo wii...10 years ago most people didn't have any of those.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002

Yup. It's all about you.

I look around everyone and their mother has a cell phone, ipod, xbox, nintendo wii...10 years ago most people didn't have any of those.

That is because the ipod, xbox, or wii didn't exist 10 years ago. :confused:

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Excelsior

Yup. It's all about you.

Fine, let me reword, cell phone, expensive gadget, two game systems, $5k plasma TV, etc.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Yup. It's all about you.

Fine, let me reword, cell phone, expensive gadget, two game systems, $5k plasma TV, etc.
Frankly, I could give two shits for most of the "poor" in this country - those who don't work, live off welfare, food stamps, occassional crimes and cash jobs. those who have all the things JS80 references. They are leeches on the system and will just spend any additional money given to them on liquor & smokes and the toys you reference. Welfare queens and trailer trash. It hasn't worked for 60 years, it isn't going to start now.

Who needs help in this country are lower-middle class families that have lost their job/insurance, or have no insurance and get sick.

We all know people like these. Hard workers, good people who get stuck with bad circumstances. That's who a social safety net is for...a helping hand. The hard part is getting it to them in a fair manner.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

Yup. It's all about you.

Frankly, I could give two shits for most of the "poor" in this country - those who don't work, live off welfare, food stamps, occassional crimes and cash jobs. those who have all the things JS80 references. They are leeches on the system and will just spend any additional money given to them on liquor & smokes and the toys you reference. Welfare queens and trailer trash. It hasn't worked for 60 years, it isn't going to start now.

Who needs help in this country are lower-middle class families that have lost their job/insurance, or have no insurance and get sick.

We all know people like these. Hard workers, good people who get stuck with bad circumstances. That's who a social safety net is for...a helping hand. The hard part is getting it to them in a fair manner.

So we don't have enough social safety nets? Are you talking about those lower middle class people who didn't really give a shit about high school, decided not to go to college or maybe went to a joke college, got a job as a helpdesk rep making $30k, didn't really care about their health and ate like shit and didn't exercise. They lose their job because they bring no value and lose their insurance oops I have diabetes now, now I expect government to take care of me.

Do you mean those people? How is he any different from the welfare food stamp assholes? What more can we do to help lazy people? How do you make them un-lazy and un-complacent? throw money at them? Let them realize they can extort the public with their vote through people like Obama?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Op starts with telling us anyone who disagrees with him is a fool. Then calls everyone who disagrees with him on anything a fool, just in his asinine attempt at psychobabble.

A partisan hack with a twist, how exciting. You're like the democrat Tucker Carlson. Wow, you wear a bowtie :roll:

Some fools intentionally misrepresent data so as to bypass any need for thought. This allows them to throw up on ideas that threaten them without conscience. I did not start by telling everyone who disagrees with me that he or she is a fool, I gave a definition of what a fool is and showed how people comply. Fools have difficulty processing nuance and of course are offended when they face situations that reveal who they are. They then proceed to try to slime you, having their foolish feelings get hurt, with some demeaning remark.

When you tell a fool he is a fool he becomes offended because of course he knows he's a fool and is doing everything in his power to deny it. Scratch that thin veneer and the anger rushes out.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Yup. It's all about you.

Of course nothing says some fools can't be plain lucky.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Yup. It's all about you.

So we don't have enough social safety nets? Are you talking about those lower middle class people who didn't really give a shit about high school, decided not to go to college or maybe went to a joke college, got a job as a helpdesk rep making $30k, didn't really care about their health and ate like shit and didn't exercise. They lose their job because they bring no value and lose their insurance oops I have diabetes now, now I expect government to take care of me.

Do you mean those people? How is he any different from the welfare food stamp assholes? What more can we do to help lazy people? How do you make them un-lazy and un-complacent? throw money at them? Let them realize they can extort the public with their vote through people like Obama?
I'll give you an example.

Some friends of my wife; he has a college degree in public broadcasting. She has a degree, I don't recall in what. Both educated people.

He's a manager at a radio station. She's stay at home mom. They have a baby, they are doing pretty well, not getting rich but making enough that she can be a stay-at-home mom.

They have another child 5 years later. This child has a severe heart defect. Their lives change dramatically. Thankfully he has a job with insurance. Oops, budget cuts, he's laid off. Pay COBRA for a while, but that runs out. Now they have huge medical bills, no job. Lose their house. He can't find a job.

Those are the ones I'm talking about.