The brits are in for a rough ride

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I never understood why Gandhi was always such a dick in Civ. After nuking the Russians, Gandhi was always my second target, usually pre-emptive, because I knew he would always come for me no matter what.

it's a game. don't expect reality. I bet the devs thought, hey let's make Gandhi an asshole just for the hell of it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
it's a game. don't expect reality. I bet the devs thought, hey let's make Gandhi an asshole just for the hell of it.
It was a bug, at least initially.

If memory serves it had something to do with Ghandi already being at zero aggression as a leader attribute but when India adopted democracy it gave another negative modifier to aggression. The developers forgot to implement some sort of code like if aggression <0 then 0, and instead it wrapped around to max aggression.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
it's amazing how quickly the brexit/fygm idiots have turned the government into this mess

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
So is the cat PM now or what?
Corgi
il_570xN.3986784557_3yax.jpg

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It was a bug, at least initially.

If memory serves it had something to do with Ghandi already being at zero aggression as a leader attribute but when India adopted democracy it gave another negative modifier to aggression. The developers forgot to implement some sort of code like if aggression <0 then 0, and instead it wrapped around to max aggression.

That's what I heard originally - but in an interview with the developers it was stated that there was no such bug, I think it was actually cited somewhere as an example of a kind of psychological bias - because Gandhi was expected to be non-violent people strongly registered it on the rare occasions in the game when just random chance meant he went against type.

Reactions: fskimospy

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's what I heard originally - but in an interview with the developers it was stated that there was no such bug, I think it was actually cited somewhere as an example of a kind of psychological bias - because Gandhi was expected to be non-violent people strongly registered it on the rare occasions in the game when just random chance meant he went against type.

Learn something new every day!

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I can see them picking Boris then calling a snap election and relying on people voting for him in the hope he will fix things. If they wait too long it gives him time to mess things up.
Much as I hate Boris a lot of tory voters love him.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I might be out of date by the time I finish typing this (they might have been through a couple more leaders by the time I hit 'post') but what I heard was the plan was for MPs to vote, and then for whoever came second (which probably means "whoever wasn't Rishi Sunak") to drop out, so the crackpot membership won't get a chance to vote and screw things up again.

But if the second-place is someone from the right of the party, like Bad Enoch or Suella Braverman, surely it's possible they'll refuse to stand down, knowing they have an excellent chance with the membership vote? And then we'll all be back where we started.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, gonna be Boris again. Just a feeling. I'm sure it'll work out this time though.